Opening Day - 4/17 TR

TheCryptRaider

ALLLLLRIGHTY!

I had a great day at Kings Island last Saturday, and with tests all last week I didn't have the time to post this on here. So for those of you who enjoy my trip reports, I'm sorry for taking so long... and for those of you that don't enjoy them, you're welcome. ;)

Lets get down to business. I woke up around 7:45ish ready and raring to go! ...but, as always, nobody else but me was. The rest of my family got up around 8:30 (I wish I had a family who loved coasters as much as I do..) So after getting ready and blah blah blah, we managed to get out of the door around 9:30. (which was pretty saddening because I had hoped to be first Diamondback train of the year. -sigh- Oh, the places I'll go when I have a driver's license.) We arrived at the parking entrance and got in the line that took the longest (of course) and got into the park at about 10 exactly. Surprisingly it didn't take long to get in the park at all.

I got a text from Jackson (Beast1979) saying that he was at Flight Deck waiting for it to open. So I met up with him, Kevin (KIKevin), Aaron (PKIVortex) and Adam (pkiboy). I ended up getting the first train of the year in the back seat.. Let me tell you, I was ECSTATIC to be back in my park. :wub: You can ask Jackson and Kevin, I said I was so happy to be back in the park probably 20 times. ANYWAYS, back to the ride... As with every ride I rode that day, I was caught off guard by the forces.. Flight Deck felt so much more forceful than usual.

After Flight Deck, the whole group decided on riding Xtreme Skyflyer so I waited while they rode because I left all my money with my dad who went off somewhere else in the park. I waited and froze my butt off (IT WAS COLD!). I talked for a bit with Kieth (KIFan1980) and then waited and waited some more. Other KICers walked up (Rachel - Stalkerchick, Jared - Rotag, Alyssa - TrainedBeast, and Tom - Tom and some numbers O:) among others). So after waiting for people at Skyflier, we (Jackson, Kevin, Kieth and I) went down to FD for another ride.

After FD for the second time, we (at this point Jackson, Kevin and I) took the long way through Planet Snoopy (WHICH I FREAKING LOVE SO MUCH MORE THAN NICKELODEON!!!), under Diamondback (which I was eagerly waiting to ride) and onto the train. When we were done drooling over Diamondback and all of its awesomeness, we noticed that it has so much potential for a theme, or even a show... We walked into Coney Mall and noticed (among many other small changes throughout the park) that EuroBungie was replaced with EuroBobble (which is basically a Zorb on water).

Anyways, we met up with Adam and Aaron again for a Vortex ride and Kevin had to leave. In line, we geeked out over all the noises that Arrow Coasters and even saw a monster! (Feel free to ask about that) I had a great ride in 7-1, complete with freaking airtime amazingness on the first drop. Jackson and I split from Adam and Aaron who went to eat and rode Blue Racer. I was suprised to see that on the third hill they had put a chain on whereas they used to just have anti-rollbacks. I was excited to see that Racer got some love (the new chain, track work, and also THE BRAKE RUN WAS FREE OF GUM!!! :D ).

So Jackson and I walked through Coney Concessions and drooled over candy and Snoopy stuff and walked through the Tower Gardens which are now a smoking section... :/ And we went onto the tower. At the top, we watched rides cycle and noticed that BLSC (along with its ugggglyyy new trains) BARELY made it through the helix! For whatever reason, it was running pretty slow that day.

And for the ride I had been the most excited for... Diamondback!! After a combination of shivering and shaking in anticipation, I got to ride! We rode 1-2 and let me tell you... It was the most forceful ride I've ever had on DB. Maybe it was because of the offseason, maybe because the trims were light, probably a combination of both. Honestly, it was one of the best rides I've had on it, second only to my first ever ride.

We walked over to Adventure Express and met with Rachel, Justin (JustinM17), Tom, and Angie (gigacoaster2k) among others. Fun ride, as usual.

So Tom and Angie went their own way and I stayed with Jackson and Rachel and others and rode Dogems... At this point it was nearing the time I had to go so I left them and met up with my family.

I liked meeting many new KICers and also I liked the little improvements here and there that were throughout the park. I was also very impressed with Planet Snoopy, it was very inviting and colorful. Anyways, that's it for my trip report. I hope to ride with even more KICers later on in the year!

Enjoy!

-Josh