Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular

coaster_junky

Those multi-color flood lights were first installed for Winterfest in 2005. I agree that it is ashame they are not using those this year. The front side of the Eiffel Tower looks awful compared to the back, or how it used to look in past years with those floods on. And as others have said, there really isn`t that much bleed through visible on the front side of the tower from the LED lights in the back. I wish that either they would turn on the old floods or get LED lights to light up the front of the tower as well (they have lights in the bushes on the front side of the tower).

With the amount of people that watch the fireworks from the base of the Royal Fountain inside the park gates, the Eiffel Tower doesn`t look quite as majestic as it once did when the front was illuminated at night like in years past.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rcfreak339

^Even then you may have to mess with settings on your camera, which on some can be complex. Just use trial and error and you can get some really nice shots. Manual mode is best at night, unless your camera has a night time setting.

• 12 years later...

At the time, Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular was a neat enough change. At least when it first opened, anyway. It was in pretty sad shape towards the end--lots of burnt-out or unlit strands of lights.

I think to today's crowd, it'd be somewhat underwhelming. Just about anything done with lighting at Winterfest, Haunt, or even the closing fireworks these days is more impressive.

It's really nice to be on this side of the Kinzel era.

• Like 3

Wow I remember the "Christmas lights" display as I called it as a kid. Always wondered why they stopped it. Does anyone remember what year they did away with it altogether? It's just something that I remember and then have forgotten about since and can't really go back and say I noticed exactly when they did away with it

• Like 1

On 6/30/2010 at 9:10 AM, Thrill_Biscuit said:

Sure, the tower is [relatively] dark, but we're just at this particular time in history. I'm sure that one day, some talented, creative people with a keen eye for aesthetics (not to mention an ear for musical ambiance), and an understanding of what makes visiting a park like Kings Island so memorable, will re-design the whole International Street experience in ways that will dazzle even beyond what was ever imagined before. It is weird to see the fountains and all the glow-in-the-dark memorabilia without the familiar tower in the picture, but SSS shows that these guys know what they're doing, and just because the tower is dark now doesn't mean it won't be brilliant sometime in the future.

cool.gif

@Thrill_Biscuitpredicted

• Like 3

I think they also had this (or something like it...) at Cedar Point one year in Frontiertown and it was like I was walking through a {spooky) winter wonderland... it really freaked me out as I wasn't expecting it...

I do (barely) remember KI's version and I don't recall it having as many lights as in the above video.

EDIT: And yes, @Thrill_Biscuit was right :D Wonder what he's up to these days?

• Like 1

So here is a short funny Starlight story for everyone!

It was spring 2010 and my very first task of the season was to get in a boom lift and begin decorating the trees with the Christmas lights for Starlight Experience. One tree in particular in the south east corner of the tower was my tree. I wrapped that tree from trunk to branch and was so happy about it. When it came to powering up the lights my tree was substantially worse than the others. A friend there asked me what happened? I replied, "Dude I'm Jewish I've never wrapped a tree!!!"

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

So here is a short funny Starlight story for everyone!

It was spring 2010 and my very first task of the season was to get in a boom lift and begin decorating the trees with the Christmas lights for Starlight Experience. One tree in particular in the south east corner of the tower was my tree. I wrapped that tree from trunk to branch and was so happy about it. When it came to powering up the lights my tree was substantially worse than the others. A friend there asked me what happened? I replied, "Dude I'm Jewish I've never wrapped a tree!!!"

But your candle display was awesome!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1