Great trip report 4/23 thur 4/25

Mr. Coastermania

First off the rain stayed away friday but with the forecast,it kept crowds down.Id say there was 1,500 in the park friday.

I got there about 3:30 and just enjoyed the view of the park from the outside.It seems excited about seeing everybody since the park was depressed being without riders all week.This was going to change come 4:30.

Got a great parking spot in gold and headed to get my picture taken.As the gates opened at 4:30 i headed back to Diamondback and got a front row seat.The ride was great like always.Great hang time.Love the feeling of wondering hey what if i fly out?I took in two rides then headed back to The Beast.front seat ride is good.It still amazes me how scared i was of this ride years ago now i love it.This coaster pushed me do try more bigger and badder coasters but beast will always be my favorite.

After riding Diamondback and The Beast,i felt dizzy and yuck so i sat down on the bench to rest.Not much crowds so i knew i need not hurry.Met a sweeper by The Beast and he was cool.he checked to see if i was having a great time.I also met a sweeper named linda who has kids that work there to but they were off friday.She made sure i was alright and offered to call help if i needed it.I ended up talking to her again saturday since she was being very nice the day before.That's why i love Kings Island.everybody in a way is like family.She enjoys working there and it made me like the island even more knowing it takes care of their workers.

Anyhow i ended up with a slight case of food posioning from early in the day from something i ate before i got to the park so thats why it made me feel yucky that day.After resting a bit, i headed over to Drop Tower.I took in 6 rides.Got to chat with some cool ride ops.A note,ride opts have to count empty seats as well as riders.When the park is slow,it makes things go slow and drives them crazy.I hope riding many times that night gave them something to talk about.the best part of the ride is the wait until the drop.5-4-3-2 on------ heck yeah.i love it.I like meeting first time riders.I talk many into staying on and going for it.

From there it was on to A Express.

Great ride.It's not big but it is fun.Everything going up the last lift works.Great job.

After that i headed off to check out boo blasters.

Great job there.You dont need the 3d glasses to enjoy the ride.I will say one thing on the bad side.They should have redone it all.Some of the props still make you think SCOOBY DOO.(the bed,the organ,etc etc)

From there i headed back to Diamondback for a few more rides before going to my car for a snack.

Sorry ki but the food does cost a bit much and i had limited money.

After a rest i hit Drop Tower again 2 more times then hit Diamondback.

From there it was time for a last ride on The Beast before fireworks.

Night time ride on The Beast is a whole new ride to me.The excitement of riding in the dark.

I got near the back of the train and enjoyed the speed and the whip effect from the back.

Fireworks is always a great way to end the night.

Diamondback 10/10 Always good no wait time.Easy fit

beast 8/10 hate the trims but it still is a great ride.

boo blaster 7/10 it may be new but it need to remove old props if they want us to forget scooby.

Adventure Express 8/10 it may not be big,but it still is fun.

Drop Tower 10/10 What can i say,i get a natural high riding this baby.

ride opts 10/10 Without you,the rides would be lifeless as well as closed.You do a great job and add excitement to the ride by talking it up and getting the riders pumped.Thank you guys AND ladies.you rock

4/24 Got to the park at 9am and it was looking good.Light crowd for part of the day.It did pick up later in the day but wait times was still not bad at all.

Beast ran with only one train since rain was in the area.Some people got upset but come on.Safety first folks.It's all about hurry up right?

I got a ride on white water canyon.No lines,got two rides non stop.I got soaked.That guy in the tower had no mercy.thank you.

race for your life charlie brown. it was very good.But im scared for life.snoopy spit at me at the end of the ride.I'll never be the same again.

congo falls.I got wet again.two rides non stop.thank you.

Way to much tv.God i feel old since i know all them songs.Great job from all the performers.

Note park as still very slow for part of the day.I saw a few workers get sent home.That sucks.But when it's slow that stuff happens.

Charle brown's hoe down Great show yee haw

The rain came about 5pm and it poured.I was headed down to the grove for the back yard bbq.A bunch of us waiting got soaked.

I wont say the food was bad but i was thinking bbq.the hot dogs was not good to me.

But i read the flyer and got what was on the menu.Some other lady was upset and got the manger to refund her money.I guess i could have asked for one but heck.i was full and it was ok i guess.

After this i headed back to the hotel about 6:30

Sunday 4/25

Park seemed a little more busy today as people were taking a chance to get at least one day in before the weekend was over.

I got back seat rides on Diamondback.My arm and shirt got wet.Heck yeah.Great air time

Note ride opt was bummed since he could not use a catch phrase that was already being used.i told him use enjoy your day at Kings Island the only very brady park in the world.I think that cheered him up i hope.

Any how the weekend was very good.not very busy at all.

I got a total of 37 rides in all weekend.

Next trip Cedar Point 5/23-5/25

Did anyone see Mr. Kinzel Saturday? I seen him walking around with a few guys, writing down some notes and taking pictures of Planet Snoopy. I then went and ate at the Rivertown Buffet(for lack of the real name), and as I was paying I told the Supervisor about their CEO being in the area. Next thing I know, I see all the emps looking busy, stirring food and cleaning. Then 10 min later here comes Kinzel and about 15 other well dressed gentlemen. Can you guess who paid the bill? It was interesting eating in the same restaurant with the CEO.