Peanuts... SOLD?

UncleHenry

I was not even aware that Scripps had owned United Media Licensing. Let alone, I did not know that they were shopping the brand.

As stated above, the new company will likely keep the license agrements in place. Especially sinc the Peanuts brand generates nearly $2 billion annually.

Much more information here: http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-04-27/peanuts-comic-strip-rights-to-be-sold-to-iconix-schulz-family.html

And according to the article I just posted, the Schulz` family previously had no direct interest in the Peanuts. They, along with Iconix are purchasing the rights from current owners Scripps and United Feature Syndicate. Note that the WCPO article states United Media Licensing, when in fact it is United Featured Syndicate. And the WCPO article makes no mention of the Shulz` involvement in the deal.

An interesting thing to note in the article I posted is that there are more than 1,200 licensing agreements in more than 40 countries for the Peanuts!

Much more information here: http://www.businessw...ulz-family.html

And according to the article I just posted, the Schulz` family previously had no direct interest in the Peanuts. They, along with Iconix are purchasing the rights from current owners Scripps and United Feature Syndicate. Note that the WCPO article states United Media Licensing, when in fact it is United Featured Syndicate. And the WCPO article makes no mention of the Shulz` involvement in the deal.

An interesting thing to note in the article I posted is that there are more than 1,200 licensing agreements in more than 40 countries for the Peanuts!

VERY interesting, i wonder if CF knew this was comming? Also does that mean will will see the Peanuts gang walking around in their boxers?