New details on the trainer's death at Sea World Orlando

Not surprising. Animals are animals, and you just can't predict what they will do. My wolf got agitated the last year of his life, and I decided it was too big of a liability, so I had him euthanized. I could have chanced it and he would still be here today, but it wasn't worth the risk of mine or anyone else's safety.

• 2 years later...

SeaWorld appeals killer-whale safety ruling

The case stems from the Feb. 24, 2010, death of SeaWorld Orlando trainer Dawn Brancheau, who was battered and drowned by the six-ton killer whale Tilikum. The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration spent six months investigating SeaWorld's killer-whale program following the tragedy, ultimately charging SeaWorld with a "willful" safety violation — its most severe classification — and recommending that trainers never again be allowed in close contact with the animals unless protected by a physical barrier or something offering the same level of protection.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-10/business/os-seaworld-appeals-killer-whale-ruling-20120710_1_seaworld-trainers-tilikum-dawn-brancheau

I hate to be the one who says this, but after hearing MULTIPLE first hand accounts from some trainers that were working that day, what happened was her fault. Yeah its tragic, but what happened was preventable by the girl following what the park had set as rules for being around and in the water, she did not follow them, and she tragically lost her life over it. End of story.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...