Boo Blasters Skeleton Scene...

CedarPointer

YESTERDAY:

Perhaps worse than the actual image of them is that they screech... Like, hardcore scream. No pre-recorded scary sound; they actually shriek at the top of their lungs and it's actually startling.

The best "fix" (if that is indeed what they're trying to do) is probably to turn down the volume of the screams...

TWO DAYS AGO:

It is really is quite scary... The screeching especially...

Not that I called it, but...... B)

TODAY:

It's back on today, screeching isn't working though.

See I liked it and even my little brother loved it. the only problem i had tho is that it seemed you couldn't really hit any of the targets because of the angle they were at. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong/have really bad aim :P but the 3 of us were only able to hit 2 maybe 3 targets out of the 10-15 in there... maybe just maybe they're tweaking it? *crosses fingers*

I had no problem hitting the targets when the skeleton scene was working. Although the last time I rode the ride, my score reset half way through the ride. That was a little bit of a disappointment, but I still LOVE the fog projector effect. Overall, I enjoy Boo Blasters a lot more than I do Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle.

I was really creaped out at that part and I'm 17. Just think about all the little kids.

Agreed, it was definately NOT family-friendly. I have no problem with it, except that the park advertised it as being family-friendly. I think we all know that it isn't.

(This is not intended as a shot at you)

To be honest, the scariest part of Boo Blasters still isn't as scary as even the queue line of Phantom Theatre. PT existed for 10 years with millions of kids riding it and no real major complaints about it being too scary as far as I know. But of course, that was before the day and age when everyone wanted to be a victim.

I agree. Phantom Theater, while it was geared as a family friendly attraction, was a lot higher on the scary factor for younger kids. And you didn`t hear about many parents complaining. Of course, social media and the intertubes were not around back then to voice opinions like they are now.

Phantom Theater was a truly unique dark ride experience. I was sad to see it go. Given the choice between the current Boo Blasters and the old Phantom Theater, I`d take Phantom Theater, hands down. Too bad there wasn`t a way that the park could have overlaid the interactive elements of the Sally Dark ride utilizing the PT props and animatronics.

Well, allow me to clarify.

When I was really little, the Ghostbusters and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were all the rage.

Ghostbusters encountered ghosts, demons, spirits and a slew of other evil creatures. The Ninja Turtles' main enemy was Shredder, who was only human. Nothing in the Ghostbusters bothered me, but Shredder scared the heck out of me. It wasn't that either studio did anything wrong, it was simply that I was at too young of an age to understand the "just for fun" part of being scared.

Same could go for any dark ride. A kid could see a big humanistic dog like Scooby Doo and be terrified and laugh at a dangling skeleton. "Family friendly" is such a relative term that it's impossible to make everyone happy.

For everyone that wants to know what the ride is like here you go:

I don't think it has the part that is being mentioned in this thread but its just to help give an idea of the ride.

On another note, I wish I could really remember how the Phantom Theater ride actually was. All I remember is the q-line.

Edited by dragsterfan420

I got to ride BBoBH for the first time on Saturday and I was impressed with it overall. The fog effect was simply astounding and I was simply blown back by this scene. Then the skeleton scene came on and I was actually creeped out in a way, but I thought it was a very elaborate scene. I don't remember hearing any screeches so I can't really say anything about that. Sadly though, it wasn't the same without seeing Shaggy and Scooby pooping up in the queue line, seeing Shaggy being chased around and Scooby popping out of the planter, and Shaggy playing the organ. Those scenes, in my opinion, are irreplaceable, I miss Scooby but I am impressed with the overall ride of BBoBH.

One could argue that the perfect ride would be one with Boo Blaster's incredible effects and storyline (a malevolent spirit who's taken over a manor-house and won't leave) mixed with Scooby Doo and the gang trying to get him out. There's kinks that would have to be worked out and I'm not sure how concisely everything would meld together, but it would be incredible!

I love the drama and the "realism" of Boo Blasters. When you pass through the projection and Boocifer says "You want to drive me from my home, Boo Blasters?! Go ahead - TRY." That's obviously much more dramatic and story-heavy than anything Scooby Doo related. And the new guy getting chased by the skeletons? You can hear him saying "No please! Please stop!" He's actually frightened, and pleading. There's no comedy about it. But if the Scooby characters were placed here and there throughout, there would be a brand recognition and we'd still have Scooby Doo, pretty much the only constant since opening day except for The Racer...

It's a tough call. On one hand, a dramatic realistic story about an evil ghost. On the other, a comedic whodunnit, cartoony unmask-the-villain caper. Obviously both have similarities and differences (maybe 10 year old Scooby will be remembered more fondly than 10 year old Boo Blasters once the effects start to go) so I suppose we'll see. It's too bad that the two stories don't really allow for a mixing of the best of both worlds.

Since I was a child, the image of skeletons have continued to scare me to this day. I still remember how terrified I was of the old haunted house at old Coney Island. I think the reason for such fright is that skeletons represent the unknown of what we are all going to have to face, ie death.

Pt was way more scarier tham Boo Blasters will ever be. For one, you didnt have a gun in your hand, which usually makes you feel a little more braver. It also is the fact that in PT, all the animatronics were humanlike, and that scared me the most. Cartoon ghosts and skeletons dont, but life-like humans that look dead would scare me the most.