41st Appalachian Festival at Coney

The 41st annual Appalachian Festival will be held at Coney on May 7th, 8th, and 9th.

Hours are 9am to 9pm on Friday May 7th, 10am to 9pm on Saturday May 8th and 10pm to 6pm on Sunday May 9th.

For more information, check out Coney`s website here: http://www.coneyisla...endar.php?cID=5, or the Appalachian Festival website here: http://www.appalachianfestival.org/.

This is the first weekend that Coney`s rides will be open for the season (12-8pm on Saturday May 8th and 12 to 6pm on Sunday May 9th). Note however that the Appalachian Festival is a special event and season passes are NOT valid for admission to the rides. The official opening weekend for the rides and Sunlite Pool is May 29th, Memorial Day weekend.

Only one more day left to enjoy the 41st annual Appalachian Festival at Coney Island. Sunday, May 9th is the last day for this year`s Appalachian Festival. All of Coney`s rides will be open for this event, although rides admission costs $6 per person. Please note that the Bumper Boats will NOT be open tomorrow (a new dock is being built for them this year, and its not ready yet), and that the rides operate from 12pm to 6pm. The rides were fairly empty today, although it was really cold at Coney. I hope to see you there (I`ll be working down there!)

The trains on the Python remain the same color as they have been. The support structure remains the same galvanized steel color. The track is yellow/orange in color, with black running rails. The track on the lift and in the station is entirely black.

The only other noticeable change will be with Bumper Boats, once it reopens. It was NOT open for the Appalachian Festival, as there was no Bumper Boat dock. (The boats are currently in Lakeside Pavilion. A new dock is being constructed for Bumper Boats (oddly enough, behind Moonlite Gardens). I`m not sure when Bumper Boats will be ready to run, but I`d guess that the goal is Memorial Day weekend when the park officially opens for its 124th season.

I would of been there if I weren't at my grandparent's house in Waldo, Ohio.

Any noticeable changes for this season? Does Pepsi Python's new paint job have the same color scheme?

Where's Waldo you say? On the banks of the Olentangy river eating a fried bologna sandwich………..ah the wonderful life of breaking down in a small town.