Breakfast with the Peanuts Characters

mtl2013

Ok, I checked to see if there was anything else on this, adn i didnt find anything...

So yesterday i was at work at KI, and I noticed there was a sign to the very left of the turnstiles, advertising, "breakfast with the characters". I had no idea they were going to do something like that.

Do you guys think it will have much success?

I don't know how successful it will be... Did they have a Breakfast with the Nick Characters? The only thing I've heard from people who have done it is that it's nice for what it is, but didn't take a hint from Disney... At least, not the right hint. Instead of characters coming to the table, you just have a breakfast buffet with someone in a Charlie Brown suit standing up at the front of the room and you can take your kids up to have pictures taken.

It seems to take out the fun for the kids of having their favorite characters walk up and want to interact with them directly. Instead, it's essentially the same thing as seeing the character out roaming the park - but you also get breakfast.

Maybe kids don't care or notice the difference in "interaction quality", but I feel like they would, and I think parents paying $50 for a family of four probably do.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't know how successful it will be... Did they have a Breakfast with the Nick Characters? The only thing I've heard from people who have done it is that it's nice for what it is, but didn't take a hint from Disney... At least, not the right hint. Instead of characters coming to the table, you just have a breakfast buffet with someone in a Charlie Brown suit standing up at the front of the room and you can take your kids up to have pictures taken.

It seems to take out the fun for the kids of having their favorite characters walk up and want to interact with them directly. Instead, it's essentially the same thing as seeing the character out roaming the park - but you also get breakfast.

Maybe kids don't care or notice the difference in "interaction quality", but I feel like they would, and I think parents paying $50 for a family of four probably do.

One big difference is that at Disney, the characters are typically in higher demand. Mickey walking around the parks would be mobbed. But at KI, we rarely waited more than 30 seconds to see any Nick or Peanuts character.

At Disney, people do the character breakfast as a way to see the characters without waiting in long lines. If they didn't come to your table, you'd just have a long line at the restaurant. So the characters have to come to your table. At KI, Charlie Brown can just stand there and let the kids come to him. Because the demand just isn't the same.

They did the breakfast last year also but obviously with different characters. I never saw big crowds entering but I did see some people go in and remember selling a few tickets to the breakfast. I'm sure it would be a fun thing to do with children or even for the whole family. Obviously it is nothing like Disney (sorry...huge Disney fan here :D) But for a Cedar Fair park to do something like this is pretty cool. Plus I love the view from up in the restaurant and I am sure on a bright and sunny day those fountains would really enhance your experience.

I did this during a trip to the park in May and I was pleasantly surprised. My primary reason for going was to have a meal in the International Restaurant, which is a real treat. The breakfast itself was pretty decent, and for me, the characters were a nice little bonus for photo opportunities (one free photo per party is included with the price of the breakfast). My only complaint was that I could not buy advance tickets online, which I believe are only offered for Gold Passholders (I live in FL and only make it up to the park about once per year, otherwise I would have a Gold Pass). There were only a few other tables occupied when I was there, so advance tickets were not really needed - it would have just been an extra convenience. I am curious if demand would be higher when school is out (which I expect it would be).

Like an earlier post said, it's nice for what it is. For being a seasonal theme park with a light emphasis on characters, I thought they did a good job and hope they continue it. Now if they would only offer more meals in the International Restaurant - that would be even better...