Coaster and Park Questions?

I have two somewhat major questions.

1. When I was a teenager, I went to Myrtle Beach with the family. We went to a small amusement park that was adjacent to a campground. It was not Family Kingdom nor was it MB Pavillion. Anyone remember this? I think there was a Galaxi style coaster if I remember correctly. One other detail I remember was a Super-Giant ferris wheel that I was actually scared of. I am 42 years old so I expect I visited in 1984 or 85. Any help would be appreciated.

2. How does The Beast keep deer away from the ride? The ride is low to the ground and out in a heavily wooded area. I was told a deer whistle(like the one on some cars) is mounted underneath The Beast trains. Again any help would be appreciated. Thanks THUNDERBEAST1968

Sorry question #2 sounds kinda of silly, but I was just wondering.

Not silly at all. A friend and former park employee has told me a story about riding The Beast when a deer did jump over the tracks just before they went through. That would have been worse then Fabio on Apollo's Chariot.

You know, that does worry me somewhat. Two years ago I saw a doe standing next to the track just before the second lift hill, and she was very comfortable with the train rolling by.

Magic Harbour was the name. Thanks guys!!

The deer subject is a little silly but, I have been deer hunting and its hard to keep a "buck" down. I have seen them leap tall fences and they are very quick on their feet. I have also heard of people seeing deer in the wooded area that The Beast occupies. I know the coaster is loud, and you think the deer would be afraid but, cars and semi-trucks are loud also and that doesn't keep them from meeting each other.(OUCH)

Hey guys anyone interested, go to Yahoo and search Magic Harbor, Located in surf side beach. Great info was found like: owners, who purchased it and the "bad luck" the park ran into with a death or two and according to the websight, a women stood-up on the black witch coaster and was almost decapitated. I think the link I chose was "Defunctparks.com" The park was also known as "Haunted Harbor" by the locals, after the problems they had.