GLEE

CrashOverRided

Being the oddball that I am, and one of the "seniors" of the bunch here... I have to say I nearly fell off the couch when I saw her say that.

First off, I am a huge Olivia fan... always have been since Grease came out (Yes, kiddos, I saw it when it was actually playing in the movie theater!) And, of course I love KI... so tonight two major worlds collided for me!

That was terrific!

Shaggy

The show "takes place" in OHio, she was at a benifit, save the rain forest.

I posted it on facebook, "Hey, she said Kings Island :)

It's supposed to take place in Lima (I think), yet they always show a shot of the Columbus skyline (albeit, an old picture) on their "local news."

First of all let me say I hate Glee. I watch Simpsons at 6-7 and usually just keep the TV on. Glee came on and I swear I thought I heard Kings Island but I wasn't sure. Guess I really did!

I watched the first 'promo' episode when it first aired... And I seriously had no idea Glee was a comedy, UNTIL the closing credits said so... tongue.gif

I have many friends and family who love Glee, but after seeing that first episode I don't know if I'll be able to get through another... Unless anyone says the show has improved. smile.gif

It's supposed to take place in Lima (I think), yet they always show a shot of the Columbus skyline (albeit, an old picture) on their "local news."

And the "duratran" (durable-transparency) used in GLEE's news set is actually the exact same piece taken off of the old WSYX/WTTE ABC6 Fox28 set that was replaced in early 2009. The promotions director saved it and ended up shipping it to Fox for use in the show.

I was shocked, and then ecstatic when I heard her mention KI. As soon as she said Kings Island, I knew a topic had already been started on KIC. Now how many General Public members will be searching for the nonexistent save the rain forest day at KI. I think we have a KIC meet up theme :D .

Its interesting because it is the Cbus Skyline in the background on the news scenes but its reversed. They have the pic flipped backwards.... hmm just made me laugh :D

...bringing new meaning to the term media bias.

Tee Hee.

Terpy, who just HAD to

Thought you would like that .

The context of teh mention was that Sue Sylvester (coach of the cheerleading squad and 'villian' of the show), had made a video of her doing jazzercise routines to the song Physical. The Glee kids got a hold of the video and put it on youtube, where ONJ eventually saw it. She called Sue and said she was doing a ribbon cutting in the area and would be at Kings Island the next day for a save the rainforest function and would she be interested in meeting her to remake the Physical video? It was pretty funny!

I heard Olivia say that last night and I jumped up and said to Mrs. Gator, "She just said Kings Island!" I was shocked to hear that. Oh, if only Olivia were coming to KI... I'd be there!

I've had "Physical" running through my head all day today.

And Shaggy, why am I not surprised that you're a "Gleek" too? laugh.gif

Reminds me of the time that both The Beast and Son of Beast were mentioned on CSI many years back.

When was that and which city

That episode first aired May 6, 2004. See here, the episode is called "Turn of the Screws".

Three crimes are explored in this episode. Firstly, an employee of an amusement park is found dead due to head injury, near a roller coaster accident where a car came off the tracks, leaving several passengers dead. Foul play is suspected. It is believed the murder and the roller coaster damage are linked. Also, a 13-year-old girl is found dead outside, again cause of death from a head injury.

Towards the end of the episode, Grissom is talking to a rides maintenance person(?) about coasters. If I remember correctly (it's been a few years since I've seen the episode, but I have it on tape), Grissom says that The Beast is his favorite coaster and that he's looking forward to riding SoB when he goes to a conference in Cincinnati.

That episode first aired May 6, 2004. See here, the episode is called "Turn of the Screws".

Three crimes are explored in this episode. Firstly, an employee of an amusement park is found dead due to head injury, near a roller coaster accident where a car came off the tracks, leaving several passengers dead. Foul play is suspected. It is believed the murder and the roller coaster damage are linked. Also, a 13-year-old girl is found dead outside, again cause of death from a head injury.

Towards the end of the episode, Grissom is talking to a rides maintenance person(?) about coasters. If I remember correctly (it's been a few years since I've seen the episode, but I have it on tape), Grissom says that The Beast is his favorite coaster and that he's looking forward to riding SoB when he goes to a conference in Cincinnati.

CSI co-creator and executive producer Ann Donahue is a 1973 Loveland High School graduate. I would imagine she has been to Kings Island once or twice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Millennium

First of all let me say I hate Glee. I watch Simpsons at 6-7 and usually just keep the TV on. Glee came on and I swear I thought I heard Kings Island but I wasn't sure. Guess I really did!

Don't be ashamed, we all know you watch it.

no need to profile ,lol

You caught me. I'm actually watching it right now as I'm writing this! Can't type too much, gotta pay attention to my Glee! :rolleyes: