Flight Deck

Coney Islander

I think SOB's closing is really hurting this rides ridership too, its a long walk all the way back there, just for that. When SOB was open, I would always ride both of them 2-3 times in the morning, with a ride on Drop Tower and Deliruim, and not return to Action Zone for the rest of the day.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the Cedar Point fans out there how great would it be to see 1 Intamin at our park.

But the park already has 5 Intamins: Congo Falls, Drop Tower, Eiffel Tower, Viking Fury and Whitewater Canyon! laugh.gif

My daughters love it, and, there is nothing better as a dad than watching your daughter come off a coaster saying "Daddy I want to do it again!"

I completely agree with you. My daughter did just that on Blazing Fury last year. That's how we know we're raising them right! I'm just waiting for the day when she hits that magical 48" height. smile.gif

For all the Cedar Point fans out there how great would it be to see 1 Intamin at our park.

But the park already has 5 Intamins: Congo Falls, Drop Tower, Eiffel Tower, Viking Fury and Whitewater Canyon! laugh.gif

My daughters love it, and, there is nothing better as a dad than watching your daughter come off a coaster saying "Daddy I want to do it again!"

I completely agree with you. My daughter did just that on Blazing Fury last year. That's how we know we're raising them right! I'm just waiting for the day when she hits that magical 48" height. smile.gif

What I meant was an Intamin roller coaster! Now that's what our park really needs.

Yes I am very biased about Intamins.

^I knew that's what you meant and I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way. It was meant as a little joke and that's why I had the laugh.gif in there.

I'm biased about Intamins too, but tend to be biased against them due to the fact that I can't ride a lot of them. However, they've made some steps in the right direction in regards to bigger people on their newer coasters at parks I've recently been to (Fahrenheit and Maverick), but have made backwards steps from what I hear on some of their existing coasters by tightening the belts even further on the other ones at CP. And an Intamin is my #2 steel coaster (ah yes, Millie, I will get down to a weight where I can ride you again. I miss you!sad.gif) Until then, give me some B&M goodness! (as long as a certain Arrow suspended coaster gets to stay)

Guest rcfreak339

:ph34r:

Yikes. IMO there's a difference between "Needs a new paint job" (Racer, Vortex in 2001) and "Currently corroding and rotting to death".

Don't you mean rusting, and not rotting? Either way, it looks horrible.

Speaking of paint, is KI just going to let the paint on The Racer wear out, and not repaint it?

What? Racer is in great condition for it's age IMO. It does not need a paint job right now, It may need it in about 4-6 years but not right now. Everytime I ride The Racer I'm just amazed on how well it's been kept up with Cedar Fair behind the wheel. It's smooth as glass some days and I haven't had a bad ride on it in about 2 years.

Paint for Racer is not just a cosmetic issue. The wood of which the coaster was constructed is the type that requires paint to be properly preserved over time. There are other reasons why the coaster has not been painted as of yet...and it sort of does and sort of doesn't have to do with lead time...

Guest rcfreak339

Racer I think is still one of the most beautiful rides in the park, I could just imagine how awesome it would look with it's original colors of Red, White and Blue.

When it comes to Flight Deck, I am not a fan. The ride is short and surprisingly rough for a steel ride. I have been on two better rides, the Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, and the Iron Dragon at Cedar Point. Iron Dragon is best because it includes the mist elements and stuff.

Anyway, I am, picking 2018 as the final year for Flight Deck. Iron Dragon goes away after 2012.

Yes, I am using Big Bad Wolf's death for my calculations.

I have been on two better rides, the Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, and the Iron Dragon at Cedar Point. Iron Dragon is best because it includes the mist elements and stuff.

Are you saying the mist of ID makes it a better ride than the former BBW running through a themed village?

Really? blink.gif

When it comes to Flight Deck, I am not a fan. The ride is short and surprisingly rough for a steel ride. I have been on two better rides, the Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, and the Iron Dragon at Cedar Point. Iron Dragon is best because it includes the mist elements and stuff.

Anyway, I am, picking 2018 as the final year for Flight Deck. Iron Dragon goes away after 2012.

Yes, I am using Big Bad Wolf's death for my calculations.

i don't see Cedar Point passing up the chance to say they have the last remaining suspended swinging coaster, but hey, you never really know. :)

I have been on two better rides, the Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, and the Iron Dragon at Cedar Point. Iron Dragon is best because it includes the mist elements and stuff.

Are you saying the mist of ID makes it a better ride than the former BBW running through a themed village?

Really? blink.gif

Sorry, but I rode BBW in 2006, the year before Griffon was built. My mind is hazy when it comes to the theming. Also, I've been to CP many times, hence my response. Still, Flight Deck doesn't live up to either the ID or the former BBW.

Guest rcfreak339

Iron Dragon was fun, very fun. I might have ridden it the most when I went in 2009 but It doesn't come close to Flight Deck in my opinion. I love Flight Deck, it's fast and very thrilling.

Iron Dragon was fun, very fun. I might have ridden it the most when I went in 2009 but It doesn't come close to Flight Deck in my opinion. I love Flight Deck, it's fast and very thrilling.

If Flight Deck is very thrilling, then what does that make The Cavs? Lol.

• 2 weeks later...