Zoombezi Bay Readies for 2010 Season

Zoombezi Bay Opens for Season

Powell, OH – It’s time to get the shorts and swimsuits out of storage, Zoombezi Bay opens for its third season on Saturday, May 22 at 10:30 a.m.!

Guests visiting Zoombezi Bay this season will notice a huge increase in guest amenities. Over 200 lounge chairs were added which will increase seating capacity by 15% and two new Cabanas were added that are available for rent. Each 16 x 16 Cabana includes: fans to keep cool, a small private patio, three lounge chairs, a dining table with four chairs, small storage ottoman, discounted food and beverage menu and a personal cabana server to take your food and beverage orders.

Croctail Creek, the adult’s only lazy river, underwent a $100,000 renovation that includes a new bar sound system and updates to the river itself. Croctail Creek will remain a 21 and over attraction making it an adult’s oasis.

Fans of the Wide Tides Wave Pool can spend even more time in the water with the elimination of the 15 minute break periods. A new lifeguard rotation policy will allow the wave pool to remain open every minute of operation while keeping guests safe.

Don’t forget that admission to Zoombezi Bay also includes access to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium on the same day! There’s so much to do and see that it’s hard to fit it all in one day. For the most economical option consider a Zoombezi Bay season pass which also includes free parking. Season passes are also perfect for college students staying in the Columbus area for the summer.

Open daily after Memorial Day weekend Zoombezi Bay opens each day at 10:30 a.m. and closing times vary on the day. Please visit www.zoombezibay.com for additional information.

I LOVE that the waves will be continuous, are there any other pools that operate that way? This is the first I've heard of it.

Having been several times last season, I really came to enjoy the Croctail Creek area. For those of you who haven't been, it's essentially a lazy river (left over from the old Wyandot Lake) that circles around a tiki-style bar and goes under the historic Sea Dragon roller coaster. The entire river is adults only, and it makes a very nice getaway from the rest of the park.

I'm anxious to see how this park develops. I've been told that their next wave of expansion will focus on adding more animal encounters to the park, including slides going thru habitats (a la Aquatica)and things like that.

I would love to see them update JJL with some adult rides including a larger coaster & a Drop Tower.

From what I was told, that the flume was supposed to be themed and have a mountain around it, but they ran out of $$$ for the project.

I know that there are a few planned expansions of JJL, but I wouldn't plan on any adult rides for quite a while... they will continue to target children and families, and I know that they have plans for a spinning coaster and a dark ride, but both are on hold until the hotel and indoor waterpark are built. I've heard that the hotel construction could begin as soon as the African Savannah work gets underway next year. A study commissioned by the zoo found the hotel and waterpark would be viable.