Best Cedar Fair Park?

Pillsberry123

Because you have pictures of yourself on this forum, thus allowing me to recognize you, do you feel I am I required to introduce myself to you while I am on my personal excursion?

Of course not. I have recognized people from photos at Kings Island, on many occasions. I generally don't introduce myself unless I'm reasonably certain that the individual would like me to. (Or if it's at an enthusiast event.)

If you do see me again, feel free to say "Hi".

• Like 2

^Gilroy Gardens is a different animal. It is (if I'm not mistaken) a non-profit organization owned by the city of Gilroy, CA but operated by Cedar Fair under contract. A Platinum Pass will NOT (to my knowledge) gain you admission to Gilroy Gardens.

Now that that's out of the way, I have only been to two Cedar Fair parks outside Ohio, and only one that is outside Ohio and in the United States. However, with the parks I've visited in the chain, my favorite besides Kings Island has a roller coaster that shares a name with a song from an artist who was very popular in the early 1980s. Though I enjoyed it, this roller coaster did not make me cry "more, more more".

Figure that one out.

For what it's worth, if Cedar Point were introduced into the poll options, my answer would not change.

• Like 1

From the choices listed I have been to King's Dominion, Canada's Wonderland and Dorney Park. Dorney Park is my favorite of the 3 with a really nice water park, short lines on the ride side and some fun coasters such as Talon and Steel Force. I haven't been to King's Dominion in years and my last 2 trips to the park were not good with bad operations, long lines and some rude employees. I need to give the park another chance espeically since I haven't ridden Intimidator 305 yet.

• Like 1

It was between KD and Carowinds for me (since I've only been to Michigan's Adventure, KD and Carowinds- in addition to KI and Cedar Point of course! :)) and I chose Carowinds as I've been there twice (I only went to MI and KD once) and I remember it being fun. That being said, I would love to go back to KD (as I enjoyed myself there) to ride Dominator and The Crypt. I've also never been to Canada's Wonderland and would love to go there someday.

• Like 1

From the choices listed I have been to King's Dominion, Canada's Wonderland and Dorney Park. Dorney Park is my favorite of the 3 with a really nice water park, short lines on the ride side and some fun coasters such as Talon and Steel Force. I haven't been to King's Dominion in years and my last 2 trips to the park were not good with bad operations, long lines and some rude employees. I need to give the park another chance espeically since I haven't ridden Intimidator 305 yet.

You'll love I305. It is my favorite coaster. If you are light, every twist gives you tremendous airtime. I guess that's why just like it. Also, when going into the turn, hyperventilate so you don't black out.

Also, when going into the turn, hyperventilate so you don't black out.

That should not be required on ANY ride in this day and age. If one must take a specific action at a specific time to avoid G-LOC (hi Devan and Terpy :)), then the coaster is poorly designed. And in this day and age of computer modeling and designs, there is no excuse for that.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Considering the only Cedar Fair parks I've been to are Cedar Point, Kings Island, and Dorney (and 2 of those aren't options), I'd go with Dorney.

2 words: Steel Force. Probably THE smoothest coaster I've ever been on. Combine this with lots of airtime, and it's simply amazing.

Plus there's Demon Drop...

It may seem like a small, boring park, but it has a nice collection of rides.

• Like 1