Free Drinks at CF parks?

Colonel_SoB_fan

Yesterday a Coke Zero stand was giving out free drinks at KI. I thought it was very strange seeing everybody walking down I-street with one in their hands.

Coke has been giving away Coke Zero with the ideal to increase sales. I used to work at Information Resources, Inc, a market research firm that specialized in tracking data for retail chains and vendors like Coke. If Coke places an ad (yes, Coke pays for the ad in chains like Kroger), it expects to see a spike in sales. An ad might read, Coke, all variets (drinks with Coke in the name) and if Coke, Diet Coke show increases sales but Coke Zero do not, then it shows Zero might not give the same shelf space as other products. I have received this free product and I do not care for it, no matter how many times it is given away free. I will not pay for it and others will not buy it also. Retail chains like Kroger only have limited shelf space and check the amount of Coke Zero products compared to Diet Coke on the shelves. Check the offerings in the vending machines and the offerings at the soft drink stands. Sales will not increase even if Coke gives the product away. Also, how can Kings Island make a profit if they give away soft drinks? Coke will still charge the same for their product.

I have one question - why do water bottles cost money? They're nothing more than a glass of tap water IMO.

So why can you buy a $4.00 water bottle

but get a cup of water for free?

I taste no more freshness in a bottle of water. But maybe that's just my opinion.

A little bit off topic, but I actually enjoy Coke Zero- mainly because it tastes A LOT better than Diet Coke, in my humble opinion :)

...especially out of a can and if it is very, very cold.

Terp, who missed carbonated beverages, and always liked Coke Zero...then again, the old fool also liked TAB

A little bit off topic, but I actually enjoy Coke Zero- mainly because it tastes A LOT better than Diet Coke, in my humble opinion :)

...especially out of a can and if it is very, very cold.

Terp, who missed carbonated beverages, and always liked Coke Zero...then again, the old fool also liked TAB

Ah, Tab! Grew up on that. That is all mom drank.

we have 3 of the refillable quart cups. we bought one last yr. recycled one that soeone threw away(sanitized with a three day soak in bleach water) and one that was given to us by some friends. we always bring em back with us and we share. so we average maybe $4.00 - $6.00 dollars a trip to ki which i feel isnt so bad

we have 3 of the refillable quart cups. we bought one last yr. recycled one that soeone threw away(sanitized with a three day soak in bleach water) and one that was given to us by some friends. we always bring em back with us and we share. so we average maybe $4.00 - $6.00 dollars a trip to ki which i feel isnt so bad

No wonder the drink prices are so high again. Everyone recycles last years glasses. I am going dumpster diving.

Kings Island has always allowed use of prior years' cups (as I found out here last year).

Six Flags does not, and this year Carowinds puts a tiny PAPER sticker on the top of each cup they sell with the year on it...no sticker, no discount refills....meanwhile, a small park in Indiana gives out cup after cup of Pepsi and related products, sun tan lotion, etc...No Dumpster Diving or stickers required.

Wait. There was a station at Kings Island`s Boomerang Bay water park giving out FREE sunscreen? Are you sure it was free? I don`t recall them ever doing that in the past. Particularly when Dick Kinzel always seems so obsessed with earning as many nickels as he can.

Wait. There was a station at Kings Island`s Boomerang Bay water park giving out FREE sunscreen? Are you sure it was free? I don`t recall them ever doing that in the past. Particularly when Dick Kinzel always seems so obsessed with earning as many nickels as he can.

Yep. I forget what it said exactly, but something refill station. You push a button and sun screen comes out.

Kings Island has always allowed use of prior years' cups (as I found out here last year).

Six Flags does not, and this year Carowinds puts a tiny PAPER sticker on the top of each cup they sell with the year on it...no sticker, no discount refills....meanwhile, a small park in Indiana gives out cup after cup of Pepsi and related products, sun tan lotion, etc...No Dumpster Diving or stickers required.

I have a cup from 1995 will that work? lol...... I would love free Pepsi products, Especially DEW!

I much prefer Coke. (And on the subject of souvenir cups, I have a souvenir cup in my kitchen that is black and neon green that has the old Kings Island logo on it!)

I`m a little surprised that KI would have a free sunscreen station. Was it a permanent thing, or was it a temporary free give away promotion, much like the Coke Zero promotion that was going on at the exit of the park last Friday night?

It's not really free, though.

They would add $3 or so to the general admission price, and then serve "free" drinks. Therefore, a guest (like me) who wouldn't have spent $4 on a small soda at the park, would now be paying an extra $3 that the park never would have received, before.

Plus, it's a GREAT advertising strategy.

But $3.00 only buys about 1 drink, when I got o a park "I" get more than one drink a day....

I have a cup from 1995 will that work? lol...... I would love free Pepsi products, Especially DEW!

it prolly would ive seen people walking around with cups that look a heck of a lot older than mine.

I nopticed yesterday there was a sign at the funnel cake store on I street that read "look for a Coca-Cola refill station". Seems similar to a world of holidays in indiana to me. Maybe just maybe. Still hard to believe though

I think they're trying to stress the fact that guests can't refill the cups at carts, but can at any other stand in the park which has soda (afaik there are no exceptions, besides Starbucks, but they don't have a soda machine), and eventually all the regular stands will have the signs on them. Kind of a slow process, like the arch.

• 3 weeks later...