Where should I go to eat in Kings Island

diamondback45

I like the Festhaus, where they have LaRosa's Pizza and Panda Express.

I'm also fond of Stunt Crew Grill in Action Zone, and Chick Fil A.

Oh and you must get ice cream from Graeter's.

I don't eat at Outer Hanks.. I'm allergic to seafood, so I wouldn't know how the food is there.

If you want good La Rosa's pizza, go to a location outside the park ( the closest location is in the Landen area. ) The LaRosa's at KI is expensive and the portions are stingy compared to the old days when you got a big slice of pizza for your money.

If you want a good value at KI I also recommend Outer Hanks-huge portions at a reasonable price. I always get water with my meal as the soft drink prices are even more outrageous.

• Like 1

If you want good La Rosa's pizza, go to a location outside the park ( the closest location is in the Landen area. ) The LaRosa's at KI is expensive and the portions are stingy compared to the old days when you got a big slice of pizza for your money.

If you want a good value at KI I also recommend Outer Hanks-huge portions at a reasonable price. I always get water with my meal as the soft drink prices are even more outrageous.

I agree that the prices at KI are extremely overpriced! But, (just my opinion) I don not think it is worth going outside and getting the exact same food when you can stay in the park. Just my opinion...

But that was the point. The LaRosa's in the park is NOT the exact same pizza. In fact, the placement of the pepperoni/sausage is not even the same. The Skyline is NOT the same, either.

Not even the Subway is the same.

Paying way too much for the same quality is one thing. Paying way too much and getting less/lower quality is another.

In defense of Chick-Fil-A, it seems it comes closest to being the same as that outside the park.

I feel rivertown junction is the best deal for your buck. Spend a few dollars more than any other place in the park and you get a buffet, and free refills. If I am there all day I will eat a bigger breakfast at home, then eat there around 2 to 3 and then you just want a snack for dinner like a pretzel. That is what I like to do anyway!

But that was the point. The LaRosa's in the park is NOT the exact same pizza. In fact, the placement of the pepperoni/sausage is not even the same. The Skyline is NOT the same, either.

Not even the Subway is the same.

Paying way too much for the same quality is one thing. Paying way too much and getting less/lower quality is another.

In defense of Chick-Fil-A, it seems it comes closest to being the same as that outside the park.

You are right. Skyline's 3-ways are smaller, and their chili cheese fries are different at KI.

I don't know about LaRosas's and Subway though.

• Like 1

I agree with what most people have said. If you want value, go someplace else. However, if eating in the park is important, then you have a lot of options.

LaRosa's and Skyline are the local favorites found around the park. As Terpy said, they don't taste the same in the park as outside of the park. The portions are a lot smaller and the food is priced higher. I still believe that both of these places offer enough food for a quick lunch.

If you're looking for something to snack on, then I recommend Potato Works (located in Rivertown) for fresh cut thick fries and chicken bites. I'd also suggest stopping by Cinnabon for some really tasty rolls. If none of those appeal to you, then I don't see how you could not like Dippin' Dots or Funnel Cakes.

For Dinner, the Stunt Crew Grill in Action Zone and Outer Hanks in Oktoberfest are both worth checking out, but the buffet in Rivertown has good food and (from what I remember) is one of the few good deals in the park.

If you're still not interested in what I've said, then there are countless fast food restaurants less than a two minute drive away where you can order a burger off of the dollar menu.

• Like 1

I can now accurately report that LaRosa's pizza at Kings Island this year is far, far superior to the stuff Cedar Point is calling pizza this year. Ugh. In fact, double ugh. They are proud of this stuff...and the crust is now supposedly baked in the park. I, for one, loved the pizza served last year at Chuck Wagon. I shant be buying pizza at Cedar Point again this season.

Meanwhile, at Kings Island, the size of slices at LaRosa's varies by a factor of at least three. Some slices are very, very small...especially on International Street. Some are very over-cooked, particularly in Fest House. I shall be buying my in park LaRosa's in Rivertown, for the most part....

• 5 years later...