PTR: Cedar Point Opening Day 2010!

gigacoaster2k

On a side note, Shoot the Rapids is looking real good, and the park seemed like it was in good condition. I went to Midway Market, which is a $13 buffet that has a fairly large variety. I recommend it. Also I recommend getting a Souvenir Cup. I already have my money's worth.

I was the very first rider (front seat) on Millie this year :). Good to see you got your first rollback. I'll have my TR up tomorrow most likely. Great weekend at the Point. Oh, and you can find me on Cedar Point's twitter feed ;)

While we were waiting at the Marina entrance at the beginning of the day, one of the ticket attendants said that there was a scanning problem with the passes that they were trying to fix. He also said in jest not to worry, the park was open until 10p so we had the whole day. This really rubbed me the wrong way as I did not want to be cheated out of our ERT. When the time on my cel phone said 9:01AM, I walked up to the ticket takers and told them in no uncertain terms that I woke up very early to make sure I made it for ERT time and expected our full hour of ERT. They said that there would be no delays. Less than a minute later they proceeded to let us in. I can't remember if they scanned our passes in or just let us show our passes. ( Of course only got one ERT ride on Maverick because of mechanical issues. )

I understand that it's opening day, but it's unacceptable to have 5 rides down, let alone four in one section of the park alone.

This opening day's operations were terrific compared to last year's.

Last year, Millie kept stalling on the lift, and kept going down for mechanical reasons.. at 8 pm I went to ride and was told it had a total mechanical failure and wouldn't be running for the rest of the night. Maverick was down for a few hours, Wicked Twister barely ran, Dragster rolled back over 40 times.. it may have been due to the fact that last year's opening day was very cold. I'd count your blessings that this opening day was warm enough that ride closures didn't last for very long.

Or, just go on opening weekend, but don't go with big ride number expectations.. I go on opening day just to see the park and what's changed since last year. Any ride numbers I manage to get are just the added bonus.

I was on that last train on Maverick on Saturday night as well. It was the best ride on Maverick I have ever had.

I have a rule... if a ride breaks down while you are in line, wait 10 to 15 minutes. People in front of you get out of line therefore you get closer to the ride.

I was with Adam, Shawn, Aaron, and a Cedar Point newbie.

We didn't have a GREAT opening day, but we managed.

Customer Service in the Cedar Fair parks has really taken a spiral downward in the last 5 years that I have been going. It is sad you have to go to a competing park chain (Six Flags) to get BETTER guest service.

On Sunday during test runs, Mantis did not make it through the corkscrew! We seen them throughout the day pulling it up to the MCBR... It opened a few hours later running one train.

I had a blast even though we weren't treated the greatest by the staff. We did get some great rides.

It was nice meeting new faces as well.

I am going again in a few weeks, who wants to go?.....LOL

Great PTR, Angie!

If anyone wants to know what a rollback on Top Thrill Dragster feels like then don't ask me because I honestly couldn't tell you. This is because when I saw the catwalk steps at the side of Dragster's top hat stop and then suddenly go UP I immediately started to scream like a little girl because I realized what was happening. LOL! I honestly didn't care what happened the rest of the day. THAT was the best start to my day I've EVER had at Cedar Point! WOO!

I was disappointed that we didn't get a ride on Wicked Twister. It's a unique ride that I really enjoy for some reason. PLUS, there's THREE guaranteed rollbacks on each ride! tongue.giflaugh.gif

On a side note, if anyone likes Mantis (I know there aren't too many people on here, but I thought I'd let everyone know.), it was running trimless! Angie and I watched at least 7 or 8 trains at different times during the day go down the hill without that characteristic noise of grabbing trims that we're so accustomed to. We actually wanted to ride it as I'm a fan of stand-ups, but we saw the line was WAY too long to wait in for a ride on it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Millennium

Great trip report..I can't wait until Sunday where I can ride MF again. I love Raptor, TTD, Blue Streak, Maverick, Skyscraper, Magnum, Wicked Twister, Power Tower, Gemini, etc. all too, the list goes on forever. lol