Purses on Kings Island Coasters

coasterfan85

Will they let you take a purse that crosses over your body (such as a Vera Bradley Hipster) on all of the coasters at Kings Island? I plan on taking mine and shortening the strap so it doesn't flop everywhere before I get on the coasters...

Well, except Firehawk, right?

On the rides that have bins, use them. But I've seen people bring on book bags or purses and just place them between their feet on Adventure Express, etc. That might not be the "right" answer, but realistically, it shouldn't be a problem...

That's a problem with my mom. I asked her if I could bring my video camera, and she asked, "Where are you going to put it?" "In the bins." "Oh, no, somebody could steal it!"

Do you think somebody really would steal it......

But I would say just use the bins, that's what their there for.

Don't even think of trying this at Six Flags...

But do it to your hearts content at Disney and Universal! Or, on those few attractions which cannot accomodate carry-on items, feel free to use the free short-term lockers located at the rides' entrances. No, really.

That's a problem with my mom. I asked her if I could bring my video camera, and she asked, "Where are you going to put it?" "In the bins." "Oh, no, somebody could steal it!"

Do you think somebody really would steal it......

But I would say just use the bins, that's what their there for.

except on Firehawk...where there are no bins...

Also, things turn up missing from bins on a daily basis...

I highly recommend not leaving anything valuable in the bins. While most of the time things will be safe, leaving anything valuable in the bins, especially in plain site, is very risky. Ride ops cannot pay attention to who left what where, and will not notice if someone takes something that doesn't belong to them.

• Like 1

I highly recommend not leaving anything valuable in the bins. While most of the time things will be safe, leaving anything valuable in the bins, especially in plain site, is very risky. Ride ops cannot pay attention to who left what where, and will not notice if someone takes something that doesn't belong to them.

Select a row near the bins and be the first to hop out of the car and get your belongings out... That's what I do. Is it foolproof? No. But unless someone is gutsy enough to open another train's bin and start digging through it in plain sight, you'll be the first and last person to see any activity going on in your bin.

And I believe that it is also Kings Island policy that you are not allowed to leave valuable items in the bins. Kings Island is not responsible for lost articles left while riding.

However, Holiday World will NOT let you take anything on rides. At all their coasters and rides, they have storage shelves. And if you have valuable items such as cameras, they have free lockers. Essentially, the way it works, is you hand your item to the rides ops. If you ask for a locker, they will place it in a locker, and give you a key during the ride. When you return to the station, you use your key to unlock the items you safely stowed away. The system really works well at Holiday World.

• Like 1

And I believe that it is also Kings Island policy that you are not allowed to leave valuable items in the bins. Kings Island is not responsible for lost articles left while riding.

However, Holiday World will NOT let you take anything on rides. At all their coasters and rides, they have storage shelves. And if you have valuable items such as cameras, they have free lockers. Essentially, the way it works, is you hand your item to the rides ops. If you ask for a locker, they will place it in a locker, and give you a key during the ride. When you return to the station, you use your key to unlock the items you safely stowed away. The system really works well at Holiday World.

They should do that at every theme park...

Well, when I go, I use the bins, but at FOF I just stick the bag between my feet and hope it doesn't fall out. The only problem is, that sometimes it ends with a crapping leg, but still a fun ride.

The kind of purse I'm taking will cross over my body so there's no chance of losing it. I'd be way too afraid to put it between my feet!

Leave it in the trunk of your car, and only take your pass and put it in a zippered pocket. That's how I do it. Until the park provides lockers at no charge for short term use, that to me is the most sensible option. Honestly, that would be a great thing to do for guests at the park and wouldn't cost Cedar Fair that much-2 bucks for a locker is plain robbery.

• Like 3

KI allows you to bring fanny packs on rides which is very efficient for securing your belongings. ( As Terpy said, not allowed at Six Flags parks which don't provide free lockers as Holiday World does. )

Leave it in the trunk of your car, and only take your pass and put it in a zippered pocket. That's how I do it. Until the park provides lockers at no charge for short term use, that to me is the most sensible option. Honestly, that would be a great thing to do for guests at the park and wouldn't cost Cedar Fair that much-2 bucks for a locker is plain robbery.

There are things I have to carry with me at all times i.e. diabetes supplies. Leaving it in the car isn't an option for me.

I have no problem putting my bags in Bin ececpt on Flight of Fear. Mostly because your gone from it for an hour or so, and the two times I have used them, my items were thrown onto the floor.

how are you gone from it for an hour or so? i thought they took loose articles as you boarded the train, but i've never had loose articles taken while i was on Flight of Fear, i usually just run my leg through the strings of my draw string bag.

edit: i don't think it would be to big of a problem, as long as you're not on a ride like Diamondback, Invertigo, Delirium, or Drop Tower.

I wear my adventure pants. Can't stand having something like a purse (or cross over the dark side into fanny pack territory *shudder*), so I wear a pair of pants that has a few zippered cargo pockets.

Everything stays put on my legs while riding, haven't had an issue yet. Some ladies might not be keen to this, but personally, I like to go to the park unfettered and without any kind of annoying bag to deal with.

If you have to go with a bag, I suggest something made out of canvas or hemp instead of those quilted bags... the straps do look a bit flimsy IMO....

Things are getting more and more back to normal.

Even trips to Maple Grove!

Soon....a great adventure...where I can find new things to mutter about...like advertising on Kingda Ka or GASM trains....

No pun intended, of course, of course.

Terpy, trying to be good! And to be a person of integrity and service.

...If you have to go with a bag, I suggest something made out of canvas or hemp instead of those quilted bags... the straps do look a bit flimsy IMO....

(emphasis added)

Sometimes people go with me, and I am not make of canvas or hemp...last I checked...

And, from what I understand, you are no longer quilted, my friend.

I wear cargo pants about 90% of the time. Occasionally I will wear a drawstring bag as a backpack (http://cache.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/user_uploads/1200640983_04366.jpg) to KI or a Six Flags park if I wish to carry my sunscreen, a bottle of water, etc. I highly recommend cargo pants as opposed to lugging a purse everywhere.. at least then you know where your stuff is at all times.

Oh and if you've never been to Cedar Point: Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster do not have drop bins in their station.. they have lockers by the entrance. If you come up to the front of the line with a refillable beverage cup, backpack, large stuffed animal, etc.. they will not let you enter the line until you get a locker for said item. Therefore I never carry a bag to CP.

There are things I have to carry with me at all times i.e. diabetes supplies. Leaving it in the car isn't an option for me.

Yes, that's a problem. It is a hassle with the cost of the lockers for those who have to carry supplies.