Trip Report - 5/15

rcs

Me and my family made it to Kings Island this weekend, the first trip for my two kids and wife, and my first visit in over 20 years. It more than met my family's expectations and was as much fun as I recalled. The park was really packed and there were some very long lines for alot of the rides.

After arriving and taking some pics of the fountain and tower, we headed for Planet Snoopy. That area of the park is very well done and the kids loved it. Charlie Brown and the gang were there to take pics with the kids, and they got their picture taken with everyone but Snoopy, who we never did get the chance to see.sad.gif Our first ride was on Boo Blasters, which seems to process riders at a pretty fast clip. It was well themed and I managed a score of 1400 on this first go round. After that we headed for the Woodstock Express, but left when they announced they were having some mechanical problems. So we headed for the Aerial Chaser. It was a really fun ride, though my wife and I agreed it was a little rough. We headed back to the Woodstock Express, which was now running. It has to be one of the best kiddie coasters around. I was hoping to get a ride on the Surf Dog, but it was down all day.

We left Planet Snoopy and just walked around the park, taking in everything. We went to the Tower, then headed over to the bumper cars. These are much better than the ones I rode at Camden Park, with more cars and lots more room to move around. I took the kids over to the Carousel why the wife took a break. We then went over to the Backlot Stunt Coaster. What a awesome ride! Fast with some great effects near the end! This one seemed to be a real crowd pleaser.

The kids wanted to ride a water ride, so we headed for White Water Canyon. My wife and I both had rode similar rides at other parks, so we knew we were going to get really wet! There was a very long wait for this one. We all enjoyed it and of course got really wet!

While we dried, we decided to take a ride on the K.I. and Miami Valley Railroad. While a little rough in spots, it is a very charming way to relax and take a breather. We then looked around the park some more. There were a lot of rides I wanted to get on, but the lines were so long and my son is very impatient, so I had to skip them. My wife decided she had to ride one really big ride before we left. I told her that she needed to go all out and get on the Diamondback. While she waited in line for that with my daughter along to keep her company, I took my son for some of the famous blue ice cream. It was some of the most delicious soft serve I have ever eaten.

Me, my son, and my cousin, who came with us on the trip, went back to Boo Blasters for another go around. My cousin got top score this time, with my son even beating me! I think my gun must have been broken.wink.gif

We went down to Diamondback just as my wife was getting off of it. She says it is the most intense ride she has ever experienced. With darkness near, we headed for the exit, snapping a few more photos before leaving.

All in all, this was a really fun trip that will leave us with some great memories. The park was very clean and the employees were very friendly and helpful. This is the Kings Island I remembered from my youth and I am glad my children got to experience it as well.

P.S.

On the ride home the next day, we stopped a Great American Ballpark to see the Reds thump the Cardinals and move into first in the NL Central. This may be the year they finally make it back to the playoffs! GO REDS!!!!biggrin.gif