Are you a former employee?

thetower

I guess I should clarify: I meant this would be a good place to share "your story" such as...

**Hi I am John Doe. I loved working at Festhaus in 1990! Anyone else work there around this time? Remember those goofy uniforms we had to wear? Ha Ha! IM me if you did!**

SOB_TOM...what kind of trouble...legal??? <snicker> Confidentiality contracts? Doesn't apply here...probably weren't invented yet. Assuming there was anything about sharing my personal stories while I was employed there, my employment agreement was etched in stone tablets many a moon ago. It is probably sand at the bottom of the ocean. No worries...

For the rest of you, be careful not to divulge any trade secrets like "PKI uses white confectioner's sugar to top their funnel cakes" (GASP!) Instead stick to something harmless.

While not a former employee at PKI, I am a former employee at the precurser to PKI. I just finished my second (and probably last) saeason as a ride operator at Coney Island. I would much rather have worked at PKI as a ride operator, but Coney is so much closer to my house. I also know that PKI pays their ride operators more than the meager amount I was makeing at Coney ($5.45 an hour) Maybe next summer I`ll get a job at PKI running the rides, but that might not be possible as I have to try and find a job related to the field I`m going into (architecture).

EDIT: Oops, I accidentaly said I was making $6.45 an hour. I would have to be a rides manager or anoperator for ten years to get that much. I only got a twenty cent raise for coming back for this season.

Edited by CoasterRZ

Actually, all employees probably from the beginning of Paramount had to sign the contracts stating that they wouldn't devulge any information about the park even after termination, willful or otherwise.

Of course, the information it is trying to keep "quiet" if you will are specifics about attendance, money spent on different things, dates for furture releases, any information about furture releases, radio signals and codes, all specific operation information, specifics about certain instances that have happened on park property, the list can go on and on...

The forums are monitored and viewed by park officials, not just normal everyday sups and managers either, but some full time employees. The webmaster is obligated to turn over any information about a user that devulges information that should not be released.

Its not the offical site. But it is watched.

Dragonlord Last time I looked after termination you can pretty much say what you want. Also the leagality of it is in question if you were a minor during your employement. Most companies make you sign them anymore but they don't hold much unless the company actually hurt by it. I know 1 or 2 sites online that have PKI's operational codes. Also the leagality of your privacy is also a concern. PKI Policy isn't rock solid by any means. Also most ISP's arent going to be to happy if they have to give up info because of there legal concerns. Infact alot of this is being faught in court right now as a result of what the RIAA is doing. PKI's contract may soon not be worth the recycled paper there printed on. Its a very tangled legal web. PKI really only enforces the contracts when your employed by them. They fire you and its over. PKI Is not god when it comes to things like this and concert tickets.

I get all my info from the keyhole people and there contractors.

Edited by sobrider

Very good sobrider, I was waiting for someone to actually think logically on this thread.

In all reality, just about every place of employment has a confidentiality agreement. Don't think you signed one? I bet you did. Remember that paper that you signed at you're interview? The clause is in there. Sorry to burst the big PKI employee bubble, but you're not really special on that front.

Trust me, as far as confidentiality goes, it's a "need to know" basis. If you think you know something that's top secret, you probably don't. The wouldn't let just some kid get hired there, tell them the most intricate secrets of the park and risk he or she quitting the next day. So basically, if you know something, they probably don't care if everyone knows.

The only time that you could get in trouble would be if you went public about something really bad. i.e. If you had worked on Black Sunday and went on here claiming that you had told your boss several times that there was something wrong with the Flight Commander and he didn't do anything about it. The only other time that you could get into trouble would be if you worked in security or were an EMT there and used someone's name when talking about an incident. Now, how much trouble could you get it? Not much. Probably just fired, if that.

Anyway, those were my two cents,

Ryan

I don't particularly recall signing any type of confidentiality statement, but I am quite sure that if any associate released any type of secret information (IE why a ride breaks down, radio signals, or what the food in Oscar's is made of tongue.gif ), PKI's response would be swift and brutal.

I think there is something about that in the employee handbook, though. Supposed to refer guests to Jeff Siebert for those sorts of things.

And for the dude who wants to be a ride operator at PKI, we make $7.00 an hour.

Edited by SOB/Gun Steve-O

WOW, this thread really went the way I thought it would! <sarcasm> I guess I am partly to blame for my somewhat cheeky response to SOB Tom.

sob_rider, Ryan ...seems like we are eye to eye on this...It's alarmism! But a good legal discussion is what makes being American fun!

Typically the legal route is not cost effective enough for an organization to chase around individuals (read: teens/20 somethings with shallow pockets) for damages. However, if the Cincinnati Enquirer, for example, started publishing trade secrets and PKI took issue, they may consider a call to their legal team. The feds can get involved too if a crime is commited. But this is all useless banter because 1. ofcourse nobody would divulge anything they know to be a secret and 2. any secrets you know are probably things you figured out on your own (i.e. rendering it legally no longer a trade secret) 3. only the inner sanctum knows the really juicy stuff! (e.g. Coca-Cola keeps their recipe under lock and key only to be opened by board members)

On another note, I coudn't resist this...

<<<The webmaster is obligated to turn over any information about a user that devulges information that should not be released.>>

Obligated to whom...and by what authority. Lawsuits would fly - hopefully before and definitely - after mods gave up the goods. Then it is just like the RIAA vs. Filesharing apps. The only people who win is the lawyers. PKI hasn't lost $50B over secrets traded on this forum so they are at least better of than RIAA.Part of the joy of forums is the level of anonymity that comes with...hence their popularity.

So with all that said, don't let anyone know what type of fertilizer they used on the floral clock! But definitely enjoy each other's stroies about "that crazy employee party that Richie Cunningham drank too much and puked in your mom's Riviera!" The owners of this forum have worked hard and "hey man, they don't want any trouble..." Sheesh!

Ok, lets get this back from the legal battle to what it is supposed to be:

Any Beast people remember the crazy parties that the crew is known to have? Being an adopted crewmember, I got to go to one. Man, what a crazy party. Any other thoughts on these parties?

PS. I dont think anyone from The Beast crew posts on here, but speak out if you do!

Didn`t Brian or someone form The Beast crew post on this site? Or was that Ultimaterollercoaster that someone from The Beast crew posted a message earlier in the year and refered to themselves as "that lapbar checker." I know I read that on one site. I think his name was Brian and I think he was promoted to a sup this year. (You know when I know that much information that I`ve spent entirely way too much time at PKI this year, LOL!)