Boomerang Bay Now Open For Season

BoddaH1994

One of my greatest (yet also, most miserable) memories of KI was of BeastBuzz '06 when my friend and I skipped out on free dinner just to go to Boomerang Bay. We spent practically the entire time standing under the bucket at Jackaroo Landing. It was so hot and humid that day that water sounded much better than any amount of food.

I have to admit. I haven't stepped foot in Boomerang Bay in about 5 years. I find that kind of hard to believe since I have fun every time I go. I'm going to make it out there this year.

I haven't been in the 'Bay (as a guest) since the remodel in 2004, and that was on a really slow day where I got on every slide in an hour because it was 65 outside and it was threatening to rain.

I will be taking my son to BBay for the first time and I have a few questions...

Are (soft plastic) water shoes permitted in the area and on the water rides?

Do we bring our own towels? If so, where do we put them when we are on the rides?

How much do the lockers cost? Can you get into them more than once or do you have to pay each time you get into the locker?

Thanks!

I am not certain on the shoe question. I seem to recall seeing people wearing those water shoes before. Best solution to that would be to call the park and ask. (The last time I was actually swimming in Boomerang Bay was its first weekend back in 2004). But I have walked through Boomerang Bay, including once last year with my brother who is one of the pool managers at Coney.

You bring your own towels into Boomerang Bay (unless you want to buy one from the gift shops there. There are lounge chairs around the wave pool, as well as near Kookabura Bay (the small lagoon type pool near the tipping bucket.

I`m not certain on the price of lockers. I believe the lockers in Boomerang Bay are the type where you must put down a deposit for the key, and then get the deposit back when you turn in the key at the end of the day. As such, I believe that the lockers are NOT one time use lockers like the lockers by Firehawk.

We did end up going today and had a blast.

FYI, locker rental is $13 (!!!!!) and when you turn your key back in you get $5 back. You can open the locker as often as you want with your key.

My son, age 3, was able to wear his water shoes on everything he went on but I think I saw a sign at the entrance of the water park that said aqua socks couldn't be worn on all the attractions (I assume they mean the larger slides). I am really glad he had his water shoes. The pavement was hot and my feet were killing me from walking on the flat concrete. Next time we go I will definitely bring some flip flops for me to wear.

As a gold pass holder I have been to BB a few times in the last few years but I have been too chicken to ride the slides! (crazy since i have no fear of coasters right) I think it is the fact that you are not 'secured' or something like that! I want to enjoy the water park even more this year and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions to get over my fear or good ones to start out on? Thanks!

As a gold pass holder I have been to BB a few times in the last few years but I have been too chicken to ride the slides! (crazy since i have no fear of coasters right) I think it is the fact that you are not 'secured' or something like that! I want to enjoy the water park even more this year and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions to get over my fear or good ones to start out on? Thanks!

I'll go with you! It's a lot of fun!