Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day

Purplehaze

Yeah, I managed to get one ride on Boo Blasters before they closed. I love how they closed right when it cleared up a little bit, there is more on the way though,so I see why they did that. The place was flooded! Part of the Employee lot was filled with water.

Well tonight is horrific - tornadoes, cloud-ground lightning, pouring down rain......

Orly?

I love bad weather.....currently sitting in a hotel room (9th floor) in Sharonville watching the skies.

PCC, ya should have came over tonight and brought the family we could have grilled out....

Heheh...we were wiped out from visiting Louisville Zoo all day. Left out at 6am..ugh..

i too arrived right as the park was closing at 730. I was not a happy camper, and neither was the group i was with. I had just told them how i loved that Kings Island stayed open even in the incliment weather like today, we arrive at 720 and by the time we get to the front gate they wouldnt let us in. Their process in guest relations for handling it was pretty annoying, too... people with tickets could get a ticket for another day but they had to have the ticket stubs, and they made them wait forever...

And if they were in fact getting tickets for another day, they should consider themselves fortunate. As it states in numerous places (back of the ticket stubs, on KI`s website, in the park maps, etc.) that Kings Island cannot issue rain checks and that the operating calendar is subject to change. So I would really kind of be surprised if KI was in fact giving out comp tickets for another day.

And if they were in fact getting tickets for another day, they should consider themselves fortunate. As it states in numerous places (back of the ticket stubs, on KI`s website, in the park maps, etc.) that Kings Island cannot issue rain checks and that the operating calendar is subject to change. So I would really kind of be surprised if KI was in fact giving out comp tickets for another day.

They say that the calendar is subject to change, not the hours. That part of the website is referring to them possibly adding or dropping a whole day, not changing an already ongoing one... They also say nowhere that they will close the park for incliment weather at all on their website. They were definitely handing out comp tickets though, they even informed people of this, and had a dedicated line for it. You just had to have the ticket stub/eticket form. It was really difficult for most as most lose them, or if they had them they were soaked...

I`m not doubting you about them handing out comp tickets. Just surprised that they would be doing this.

And for your information, last year`s park map states: "Dates, HOURS and prices are subject to change without notice." Emphasis added. I have not looked at this year`s park map, but I assume something similar is in this years park map.

I had thought about going. Until I could barely here in a meeting at work over the roar of rain on the roof. I opted to head home right after work, and encountered a couple of roads with several inches of standing water on them!

I definitely think KI made the right decision on closing early given the forecast for the rest of the evening (and the fact that Warren County at one point had a Tornado Warning this evening).

I think this was mentioned way back - maybe last summer - but, what would happen if a tornado was around the KI area and everybody was still there? Where would they go?

They have tornado shelters, just like any other place you would most likely be. I got shuffled there when they called a tornado warning one saturday last year around 9pm or so... We went into the basement of Action Theater... and im sure there are many, many other shelters throughout the park.

The Beach Waterpark is closed today due to damage done as a result of last night's storm. I think WLW was saying it was a lightening strike.

Even more evidence that KI closing and evacuating was likely the right thing to do.

The Beach was flooded and could not open. I personally think that if there were tornado warnings (which there were) the park did the right thing by closing. People's safety has to be the top priority. You have to remember that after they closed the employees were still there cleaning up for a while (I imagine). They need to get the employees out too when tornado warnings exist. Furthermore, had the park stayed open, people who be like "I can't believe they did not evacuate under a tornado warning". The park can't win this one!