Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day

Purplehaze

The park did not make a major attempt to move people to shelter during the tornado warning. The sirens went off an hour and a half to two hours before the park closed. During that time, no public announcement was made to move to shelter. No major attempts were observed to move people to the designated shelters.

During the interval before the park closed, it rained hard, it let up, it sprinkled, and rained hard again. Guests meandered throughout the park. Only after it quit raining for a while was a public announcement made that the park was closing. It sounded like this:

"Due to inclem....Kings.....closed...drive safely."

It repeated from time to time. Even then, guests slowly made their way to the exits, and no attempts were made to quickly clear the park (as you would think would be made if more storms were approaching).

This was not handled well, regardless of your perspective.

I work in Sharonville, and had a heck of a time getting home. Roads were flooded and impassable, and everytime I found an alternate route, same thing. People were driving through the water-one car was an old subaru, and the water was clear up almost over the hood-why it didn't stall, I dunno. I didn't attempt it in my forester. I agree they should have closed. I havent seen the news, so I guess I need to look that up about the Beach.

The Beach essentially closed because of all the storm water run off. Because they sit in a valley, and we got a LOT of rain on Friday, the run off carried mulch and sand into the pools and onto all the paths. Because the debris got into the pools, they had to vacuum the pools and let the filtration systems clean the water so that it is no longer cloudy. It is a safety issue with cloudy pools and not being able to clearly see in case someone was in distress and needed the assistance of a lifeguard.