Best Cedar Point Coaster?

Guest Millennium

I-305 a clone of Millennium Force? Even somewhat? Er, no....

I at least like Millennium Force. I'd rather ride Mean Streak a dozen times than Intimidator 305 even one more time.

But that's just me.

I-305 is, in my opinion, as much a clone of Millennium Force as Son of Beast is of Beast.

And that's about it.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I-305 a clone of Millennium Force? Even somewhat? Er, no....

I at least like Millennium Force. I'd rather ride Mean Streak a dozen times than Intimidator 305 even one more time.

But that's just me.

It's not just you. In the two days at KD the family rode i305 just once and did not want to go on it again, and it was a walk on.

As for my vote I went with Magnum Xl 200, the family's first ride every trip. But my 12 yr olds favorite is TTD and the last trip 4th of July we had an amazing surprise, a TTD walk on twice at 2-3 pm!

They all look like over rated rides to be honest. Except Maverick and Raptor but what do I know I haven't been.

We should start a new poll on favorite posts. This post is in the # 1 slot for me.

wink.gif

Why would this this be a favorite? I really wasn't suprised at all to find someone commented on my thoughts on Cedar Point's rides (even though I haven't been but I really don't care). There are lots other parks I would choose over CP. Sorry but I don't give a crap about a 17 second ride that launches you up and down a hill that is 400 feet tall or other record breaking rides that are there to break records. As for the rest of the park it doesn't look that special. There are many more unique rides out there. The park looks mediocore in my opinion. I rather spend my time on more unique rides and a park that's clean and not over populated. Rides like these look interesting:

KemahCoaster-Full%20(WinCE).jpgIntimidatorLast.jpg

prowler_aerial.png

el-toro-ride-six-flags-great-adventure-new-jersey.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rides like these are over rated:

milennium_force_layout.jpg

See how drawn out this is?

top_thrill_dragster_06.jpg

Launch up then down your done?

Cedar Point does look like a good park but it is WAY over hyped. They do have some sweet lookin rides but most of them are over rated. Much rather visit family owned parks like Holiday world, Kennywood, and Lake Compounce.

They all look like over rated rides to be honest. Except Maverick and Raptor but what do I know I haven't been.

We should start a new poll on favorite posts. This post is in the # 1 slot for me.

wink.gif

Why would this this be a favorite?

Why? You summed it up quite neatly:

(even though I haven't been but I really don't care).

Guest Millennium

Millennium Force for the win. I don't think any coaster will ever knock it out of my #1 spot. Not saying it won't happen, but I'll never forget my first ride on it. That lift hill and drop are just breathtaking.

Magnum is an extremely close 2nd at CP for me.

Go to King's Dominion (Virginia) and ride Intimidator 305. I think that will be your new #1. Of course, I'm saying this because I305 is somewhat a clone of Millennium Force.

Speaking of which, Millie is my favorite.

Are you kidding? The rides have completely different layouts.

Guest Millennium

To fearthefour, you have no idea if the rides are overrated, you haven't even been there! My gosh. And anyone who has been to CP can admit they have a great collection of rides.

To fearthefour, you have no idea if the rides are overrated, you haven't even been there! My gosh. And anyone who has been to CP can admit they have a great collection of rides.

WHAT?

You haven't heard the old saying: "Drawn out rides are overrated".

wink.gif

We should start a new poll on favorite posts.  This post is in the # 1 slot for me.

wink.gif

Why would this this be a favorite? I really wasn't suprised at all to find someone commented on my thoughts on Cedar Point's rides (even though I haven't been but I really don't care). There are lots other parks I would choose over CP. Sorry but I don't give a crap about a 17 second ride that launches you up and down a hill that is 400 feet tall or other record breaking rides that are there to break records. As for the rest of the park it doesn't look that special. There are many more unique rides out there. The park looks mediocore in my opinion. I rather spend my time on more unique rides and a park that's clean and not over populated. Rides like these look interesting:

KemahCoaster-Full%20(WinCE).jpgIntimidatorLast.jpg

prowler_aerial.png

el-toro-ride-six-flags-great-adventure-new-jersey.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rides like these are over rated:

milennium_force_layout.jpg

See how drawn out this is?  

top_thrill_dragster_06.jpg

Launch up then down your done?

Cedar Point does look like a good park but it is WAY over hyped. They do have some sweet lookin rides but most of them are over rated. Much rather visit family owned parks like Holiday world, Kennywood, and Lake Compounce.  

Spoken like someone who has never been to Cedar Point....

Maverick for me. I'd watched the pov countless times before I experienced my first visit to The Point last year for CoasterMania! and didn't expect too much. WOW, was I EVER wrong! As soon as I was on the final brake run I said, "That's my number 1 steel!" The ride had me from the first 95 degree drop (still my favorite drop on a coaster.) and just never quit. This is the ride that got me to love wild rides and it has a special place in my heart because of that. Sadly, it's no longer my favorite steel coaster anymore, but I still love it.

Guest rcfreak339

Top 3 in my book:

1. Top Thrill Dragster- One of the most awesome things, that launch is just incredible!

2. Millinium Force- Height is terrifying, never gives up speed and has a great layout.

3. Maverick-One word, Airtime.

Other then that I consider Gemini to be the worst one although it's not even that bad, it was just very rough and felt like somebody was slapping my back. Raptor was the most disappointing.

Dragster - Adrenaline

Millennium - Awesome

Maverick - Fun

That's pretty much how I view them.

Dragster is such a rush, waiting in the queue, watching it launch over and over, finally getting in yourself, bracing for the 120 mph "race to the sky"

Millennium is pretty much THE coaster. 310 ft., 93 mph, and lets not forget, this is MF's 11th season! When you see a coaster like I305 go up, trying to be a slightly more aggresive MF, and then add a trim, making it more tame than MF, you get a great appreciation for just how awesome millennium is.

Maverick is just a fun coaster. No scary heights to worry about. Once you get used to it and anticipate the horseshoe roll, it's a blast to quickly relax through and then...HOLD BACK ON!

All and all, Millennium gets my vote.

And to whoever said the coasters at CP are overrated...LOL!

No, I agree. CP's coasters are overrated. I know people will bash me for this anyway so I'll just say it:

IMO, Millennium Force is the most overrated coaster I've ridden. It seems like everyone is completely obsessed with it. Why? I personally don't like the drops on Intamins as much as B&M's. It just seems like Diamondback's drop has a much better curve and shape to it, so I like it more. But anyway, the Millennium Island part is the worst. I NEVER get any airtime on the two hills, and I feel like the high speed turns don't really have any force due to how drawn out they are.

Maverick, on the other hand, is epic. SO many different forces being thrown at you. The airtime is probably the strongest single hill I have been on (El Toro here I come). I love the elements where it feels like it's gonna throw you upside down but doesn't. I really can't say enough. I love it.

My top 3 at CP are Maverick, Magnum, Raptor.

Just my two cents.

I don't disagree that there are elements of Diamondback I like better than Millennium Force. But Diamondback is 1 year old, it's brand new, Millennium is in it's second decade now.

That said, I catch lots of air on the first drop, both "bunny" hills and the last hill going by the station. As much as Diamondback? Probably not, but the speed and turns make up for it.

I like Diamondback more than Maverick, and Millennium more than Diamondback. Just goes to show everyone is a little different. But calling MForce overrated is silly. If you don't like it, you're in the minority, that doesn't mean the ride is lame.

No, I agree. CP's coasters are overrated. I know people will bash me for this anyway so I'll just say it:

I don't see how you will get bashed.

At least you have actually been to CP.

Many people have said the same thing about MF as you. Have you considered that MF was not designed for airtime elements?

Just a thought....

As for the rest of the park it doesn't look that special. There are many more unique rides out there. The park looks mediocore in my opinion.

Then later in the same post:

Cedar Point does look like a good park but it is WAY over hyped.

So which is it, mediocre or good? I say you can't have an informed opinion until you've actually experienced it.

As for my vote, I voted Millie, but Magnum is a close second.

Guest rcfreak339

Fear The Four, may I emphasize on the word "LOOK". Never judge a park before you have been to it. If you find Kings Island exciting you will LOVE Cedar Point. Cedar Point in my opinion deserves the rain as the best park in the world, and is not "over hyped". Don't bash a park before you have been to it. You don't have a argument in this topic.

For years and years I believed those all knowing thoosies who assured me that Six Flags Great Adventure was filthy, dangerous and not fun. Finally, I built up the courage and went. I found that they were, in my humble opinion, wrong on all three counts. I learned long ago not to go by pictures, others' opinions or my own impressions of a place before I go...pre-conceived notions are often wrong...sometimes very, very wrong.

How does Cedar Point NOT offer a unique collection of rides? I don't care if anyone doesn't like Millennium or Top Thrill Dragster, heck even if the park didn't have those two rides it would still offer the most unique collection of any park. I'm not even going to bother going into detail of why each of the rides are unique in their own way...

And Cedar Point isn't all about coasters. There's the family atmosphere, there's the beach, there's the relaxing walk on frontier trail, there's the flashy 1950s atmosphere of the midway at night, there's the classic rides, there's the location, the sights, the people, the resorts... so much more than the coasters that enthusiast look at. Families have been visiting the park for more than a century making a memory of it each summer, just as many people on this forum do to this day and will continue to do with their kids and grandkids... but if you visit with a such a negative, opinionated view then you might as well not visit at all...

Guest Millennium

Fear The Four, may I emphasize on the word "LOOK". Never judge a park before you have been to it. If you find Kings Island exciting you will LOVE Cedar Point. Cedar Point in my opinion deserves the rain as the best park in the world, and is not "over hyped". Don't bash a park before you have been to it. You don't have a argument in this topic.

How many times have you been to CP?

Six Flags may be known as being filthy, but today I can say those days are long gone.