Best Cedar Point Coaster?

Guest Millennium

I just got back from Cedar Point a couple hours ago, and after 2 days I can honestly say Cedar Point is AWESOME. FoF as for your idea about Top Thrill Dragster, I thought the same thing about it, till I rode it a couple hours ago, and I can honestly say its one of my favorite coasters I've ever rode. When my train was launched I nearly blacked out from the speed, next thing you know your just flying upward, and then comes the crazy 90 degree and the spiral. I got off that thing pumped and ready to go again! You really can't judge the coaster till you've been on it.

As for the opinion's of Millie, I can understand, and me honestly I did kinda feel Diamondback was a bit more entertaining. Millie was long, fast, and full of speed, but kind of dull in comparison to a modern B&M Hypercoaster. I wouldn't say it sucked, in fact it's still an awesome ride, but it was a bit disappointing to me considering all the hype the coaster has gotten over the years. I never imagined I'd come back from Cedar Point enjoying TTD more than Millie. I'd still rank Millie pretty high on my list, perhaps higher than Magnum, but Magnum was alot of fun... kind of like a cross between Diamondback and a mechanical bull lol.

But Maverick owns 'em all. That Coaster is simply amazing, so thats my vote! Total Element of suprise is involved in this coaster. Theres airtime, inversions, banked turns, high speed, and launches, and an incredible 95 degree drop! Yeah that coaster had about everything and I also really liked the seats and restraint system... would of been nice if they put those restraints on Millie and TTD so my wife could ride! But anyway If I had to rank the Coasters it would go something like this:

Raptor was also friggen awesome! I haven't ridden a B&M Invert in...well about 15 years and that last B&M invert was Raptor too, and I can honestly say yes Kings Island needs one of these! Firehawk doesn't give you the feeling of flying even half as much as a great B&M invert. Also just seems like there are so many inversions on Raptor and it's fast... Raptor: Because Firehawk is for sissies (actually said that when I got off it the first time yesterday lol)

#1. Maverick

#2. Top Thrill Dragster

#3. Raptor

#4. Millennium Force

#5. Magnum XL-200

#6. Wicked Twister

#7. Gemini

#8. Blue Streak

#9. Corkscrew

#10. Mean Streak

#11. Mantis

#12. Iron Dragon

#13. Disaster Transport

#14. Wildcat

#15. Cedar Creek Mine Ride

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rcfreak339

Fear The Four, may I emphasize on the word "LOOK". Never judge a park before you have been to it. If you find Kings Island exciting you will LOVE Cedar Point. Cedar Point in my opinion deserves the rain as the best park in the world, and is not "over hyped". Don't bash a park before you have been to it. You don't have a argument in this topic.

How many times have you been to CP?

Six Flags may be known as being filthy, but today I can say those days are long gone.

I have only been to Cedar Point 3 times, but I really don't understand your question. I have been to many great Six Flags Parks, as well as many great Cedar Fair parks.

Fear The Four, may I emphasize on the word "LOOK". Never judge a park before you have been to it. If you find Kings Island exciting you will LOVE Cedar Point. Cedar Point in my opinion deserves the rain as the best park in the world, and is not "over hyped". Don't bash a park before you have been to it. You don't have a argument in this topic.

Six Flags may be known as being filthy, but today I can say those days are long gone.

I have only been to Cedar Point 3 times, but I really don't understand your question. I have been to many great Six Flags Parks, as well as many great Cedar Fair parks.

Cedar Point is THE place for Roller Coaster riding. To say Cedar Point is "over hyped" in any way is blasphemy.

^ In their Golden Era they were probably, if not definitely, the coaster capital of the world, and you could argue that it remained until recently. The Racer, Thunderbolt, and Jack Rabbit are all some of the best examples of classic wooden coasters, and that's not mentioning the other coasters that could have been operating around the same time (not too familiar with Kennywood history).

Here's what my thoughts are on Kennywood vs Cedar Point -

There was a period where Cedar Point didn't have ANY coasters, and that was after it's first golden age.

Kennywood added Steel Phantom which was obviously built to compete with Magnum XL200.

In my opinion it was the additions over the course of the 1990s that gave Cedar Point the image of the number 1 amusement park in the eyes of the general public, and Millennium Force sealed it at the end of the decade.

Guest Millennium

Cedar Point may be more exciting to you than KI because you have only been there 3 times. I bet if CP was your home park you would get more excited for Kings Island...And the bottom of my post was not to you..

There was a long period where Cedar Point didn't have ANY coasters, and that was after it's first golden age.

If you are not talking before 1892, what dates are you talking about?

2:28

"By the 1950s it was hard to find much evidence of Cedar Point's glory years. The Cyclone roller coaster was gone, leaving Cedar Point without any coaster at all."

There was a long period where Cedar Point didn't have ANY coasters, and that was after it's first golden age.

"By the 1950s it was hard to find much evidence of Cedar Point's glory years. The Cyclone roller coaster was gone, leaving Cedar Point without any coaster at all."

Cyclone closed in 1951 and super coaster opened in 1952.

http://www.rcdb.com/4529.htm

Is one year now considered a long period?

Guest Millennium

Cyclone closed in 1951 and super coaster opened in 1952.

http://www.rcdb.com/4529.htm

Is one year now considered a long period?

Does it matter?

Cedar Point may be more exciting to you than KI because you have only been there 3 times. I bet if CP was your home park you would get more excited for Kings Island.

Cp is my home park and I live in Columbus, been going there for over 40 years and the family spends 9-12 days a year there, and I am still more excited to go to Cp than KI. I have been going to KI since it opened and I have never been excited to go there. My 12 year old son would rather go to Cp over KI every time. Last time we were there at KI we rode Diamondback 3 times and then left because he would rather go back to the hotel and go swimming, of course the hotel is Great Wolf Lodge.

Does it matter?

Are you asking if getting history facts correct?

If yes, then it does matter.

I changed the post from "a long period" to "a period".

For some reason I was under the impression that after Cyclone closed there wasn't another coaster until 1964. Fixed it.

Well if you've never gone to KI after going to CP for over 40 years I'm sure you would have been excited to go to KI once since it's different from CP. Otherwise you have a good point about "in the long-run" CP will definitely be more exciting.

EDIT: Getting back on topic here, My favorite CP coaster is Maverick.

Here's my top ten in a list...

1. Maverick
  2. Top Thrill Dragster
  3. Millenium Force
  4. Wicked Twister
  5. Raptor
  6. Magnum XL-200
  7. Mantis
  8. Mean Streak

I think Maverick offers the best coaster ride at CP, but in the front seat only. Hum, where have I heard that before? laugh.gif

Having said that I still think MF offers a superior ride, albeit by a narrow margin. If Maverick had lap bars (i.e., just have the over the shoulder portion removed. I never did believe that portion of the restraint does anything except offer a chance to bang your neck) then it would absolutely be NO CONTEST in favor of Maverick. As is, however, I'll take MF.

Well if you've never gone to KI after going to CP for over 40 years I'm sure you would have been excited to go to KI once since it's different from CP. Otherwise you have a good point about "in the long-run" CP will definitely be more exciting.

Did you even read what I wrote, I have been going to KI since it opened It's first year. Ok I give you that, I was excited to go that one time on the first opening day in their history but have not been excited since then. We do visit a couple of times a year though, with Platinum passes we visit just because we are in the area.

What do you mean In The Long Run.

I have been to CP 9 times this year and went to KI at the beginning of their season to kick off the spring/summer

That said, even having been to KI and all the trips to CP, I can't wait to go back to Kings Island. It is nice to switch it up, and as mentioned before, Kings Island has some rides that Cedar Point doesn't. I'm itching to get back to Kings Island more than Cedar Point right now.

Did you even read what I wrote, I have been going to KI since it opened It's first year. Ok I give you that, I was excited to go that one time on the first opening day in their history but have not been excited since then. We do visit a couple of times a year though, with Platinum passes we visit just because we are in the area.

What do you mean In The Long Run.

Sorry, what I meant is if you HAVE NEVER gone to KI, and you have been going to since '74 according to your signature I know that. But, if you HAVE NEVER gone to KI but you've been going to CP for a long time you would be excited to go to KI for once since it is different. And look, I am very bad at "wording" my posts and I'm doing my best to make them more understandable. I don't know what I meant "in the long run",again I'm trying my best to "word" my posts better

Don't sweat it...Practice makes perfect, eventually.

Terp, wording stuff since way before most here were thunk of...and still getting there (and still excited about going to the smallest, most boring park possible (wherever that is) or to Cedar Point, Kings Island, Great Adventure, etc. Are we there yet?

1. Millennium Force

2. Top Thrill Dragster

3. Magnum

4. Raptor

5. Maverick

6. Wicked Twister

7. Blue Streak

8. Gemini

9. Wildcat

10. Corkscrew

11. Mantis

12. Mean Streak

13. Cedar Creek Mine Ride

14. Iron Dragon

15. Disaster Transport

16. Woodstock Express

17. Jr Gemini (I assume)

Guest Millennium

If I were to rank..opinions changed after some trips to CP.

1. Magnum XL-200

2. Maverick

3. Millennium Force

4. Top Thrill Dragster

5. Blue Streak

6. Gemini

7. Raptor

8. Wildcat

9. Raptor

10. Mean Streak

11. Wicked Twister

12. Disaster Transport

13. Cedar Creek

14. Corkscrew

15. Iron Dragon

Rest haven't ridden.

Maverick and Magnum are great rides, don't get me wrong, but Millie definately takes the cake for me. The constant speed, the first drop, the anticipation (including it flying by the queue every few minutes), everything about it is just amazing. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get off that ride without a smile. I love Millie so much I can't even take it :wub:

1. Maverick

2. Millennium Force

3. Top Thrill Dragster

4. Raptor

5. Wicked Twister

6. Blue Streak

7. Magnum XL-200

8. Gemini

9. Mantis

10. Disaster Transport

11. Corkscrew

12. Wildcat

13. Woodstock Express

14. Iron Dragon

15. Cedar Creek Mine Ride

16. Jr. Gemini

At Cedar Point? When did it move to Cedar Point?

Terpy, noting the topic and moving on....

Bizarro has to get his hands on everything including this thread. laugh.gif

He already took over Medusa and Superman. Rumor has it he is taking over at least one side of a coaster on the left coast.