A good day :)

Purplehaze

After going to the park last night only to be turned away cause of the impending weather I decided to visit again today. Was an awesome day. Over priced food and drink, long lines. I loved it ! ha! Was very crowded at that. But ya know, I liek it when its crowded. I do not ride many rides but it just makes for a great atmosphere.

That place in Indiana was fairly crowded last Saturday as well.

Coney was crowded today as well. Granted, the park wasn`t officially open (the Cincinnati Walks For Autism was held today) and the rides were open for a few hours. I was scheduled to get off at 1:30, but because Eurobungy Dome was free today for the walk participants, I had to go over there after we finished our line out at wheel and help out over there. At the Ferris Wheel we were straight loading almost the entire two and a half hours the rides were open.

For those uninitiated in the art of Eli Bridge Ferris Wheel loading, that meant that instead of loading one car, then loading the car on the opposite side, when the line is long enough, and with some balancing skill, you can simply go around the ride loading in order, without running the ride to the other side after loading two cars in a row. It makes for more efficient and quick loading times when you straight load. The one down side, is that if you get a group of kids in line occupying two or three cars on one side of the wheel, if they end up being placed opposite adults on the other side of the wheel, it can cause some issues. The wheel did get a slightly off balance today for the reason I mentioned above, but leaving an empty car in a key position fixed the problem. The Eli Bridge cable driven wheels are one ride where you need to be able to think on your feet and know how the ride is going to react with weight on it. And it helps that I`ve worked the ride now for eight years and know how to expertly balance the ride.

Wow, I sure went off on a tangent there.

I have never seen more buses at the park than I did today - as I left at 10:30 following my Diamondback ERT laps and short wait Firehawk rides. Returned about 7pm with my 6 year old and was able to catch 6 coaster rides before closing. Not bad all-in-all.

And Robbie - I was told by a walk attendee that you were doing a great job loading the wheel this morning.