New passholder survey

DegenRider

2. EXPANDED RIDE RESERVATION SYSTEM THAT ALLOWS PASSHOLDERS TO AVOID WAITING IN LONG LINES (aka an expanded “WALK ON WEDNESDAYSâ€)

<Sarcasim>Thats exactly what we need qbot <sarcasim>

4. INCLUSION IN A GOLD PASS REWARDS PROGRAM, WHERE YOUR GOLD PASS EARNS YOU INSTANT PARK CASH DEPENDING ON HOW MANY TIMES YOU VISIT.

This I like. I already have 2 visits with my 2004 pass!

7. GOLD PASS EXPRESS LANE TO AVOID THE LINES ON THE NEW TAZMANIAN TYPHOON WATER RIDE IN BOOMERANG BAY WATER PARK RESORT

Isnt that the same as #2?

8. A $10 OFF COUPON TOWARD THE PURCHASE OF YOUR 2004 SEASON PASS

How about a rebate IF we have already purchased our passes?

10. DISCOUNTED SOUVENIR CUP WITH FREE SOFT DRINK REFILLS ALL SEASON LONG

Hmm smells fishy could it be there ripping off Holiday Worlds idea? Naah

PLUS I do that now already by buying a cup and filling it up with water all day long.

I think that PKI isn't really that worthy of something like CP's FreeWay system. Rarely are the lines long at any of the rides except for Drop Zone, Delirium and TR:TR (sometimes FoF can get a little long). CP has rides like Millie, Dragster, Magnum, Raptor and the sort. Those are world-class rides and the lines get LONG (firsthand experiences...).

By the way, I HATE FREEWAY. I think it is wrong for people to sign up for a time so they can get a guaranteed short wait to ride a ride and essentially cut in front of everyone else who waits their turn.

If PKI was going to CONSIDER putting a system like this in, they would first need a huge coaster or something that would prove that something like the FreeWay system at CP would be necessary. Hmmm...maybe I'm onto something with this theory...

Edited by fryler87

personnaly, i think fastlane/fast pass systems SUCK and are unfair to peeps that wait in the line.

Oh well. Anything to make an extra buck. Isn't that what Amusement parks are all about; making money? I doubt its to see us nice and happy on some new ride. I think eventually most parks will have the FastPass system.

I personally love the fast pass idea. I have used it at IoA and SFMM. If I did not have the fast pass at SFMM, I wouldn't be able to ride the rides I did! All of them were over an hour wait, some even longer! And it's not like cutting, because you still give something up, instead of time its money.

SFMM has **** poor operations. Lines can be smaller if they ran there rides with all the trains and had more flats open.

IOA is small. They packed a good amount of stuff into a small space. IOA is a year round resort. It gets packed.

PKI on the other hand is a regional destination for most. PKI is a big park with all attractions open most all the time and running rides with all trains possible (SOB does not count nore does FOF.) Lines are usually 1/2 hour or less most days excpect saturdays and BAFFD's. There is no need. The disabled guest system is the same thing as a fastpass/qbot. Now think if instead of 4 ppl you had 20 with qbots in hand for there ride time. PPL in the lines are not going to be pleased. Rides like TRTR and FOF would be screwed up alot.

Only ride i could see needing a fast pass system would be face off.

I wonder how much money it would cost to buy the souvenir cup that is worth free refills for the rest of the season if they instituted it. Clearly, that would be one major perk for getting a gold season pass. Sounds like they might be taking a page out of Holiday World`s book with free refills. I still find it odd that at Paramount`s Carowinds` Wings Diner, near the Super Saturator, they have free refills while your inside!

adbort: The survies are given out at the park by a GR rep at the Front Gate and they have survies at some of the attractions as well.

Fast Pass sucks... I hate dealing with people who have waited in line for 2 hours and b*tch at the ride ops or security or even GR because people got to cut in line. Besides, they would have to come up with a better way of doing it than having a GR person sitting at the Fast Pass entrance. That gets old, and I feel sorry for them, it's boring.

The park might be looking into it because of furture expanisons and what they will bring. A new area of the park is rumored to be opening in the next 2 years, so who knows?

To give an idea to CoasterRZ of what another water park that I have a pass to does-you buy a premium pass for $20 more and you all you have to do is show your pass for free 20oz drinks good for the entire season, no limit per day, no buying a cup to carry around. Rather nice in my opinion. smile.gif

To give an idea to CoasterRZ of what another water park that I have a pass to does-you buy a premium pass for $20 more and you all you have to do is show your pass for free 20oz drinks good for the entire season, no limit per day, no buying a cup to carry around. Rather nice in my opinion. smile.gif

You'd be a fool not to go with that.

In the survey, it asked what additional benefits would you like to see included with you gold season pass next year. One of them was free, unlimited refills of a sports cup all season long. Hopefully, if they make you buy the cup, they either give it to you for free, or buy it at the regular price, and then just show your pass for free refills the rest of the season. If they institute that, I think it will be a very popular perk for having a gold pass!

Regarding free soft drink refills:

Cedar Point was doing that this year, if you purchased a certain Top Thrill Dragster souvenir cup, for $10, you were entitled to season long refills. Of course CP made the cup about as unweildy to carry as they could: no handles, no belt loops, and very tall and narrow so you can't fit it inside any of their lockers.

That would be a nice Gold Pass perk, or even if they sold a decal you could apply to your season pass.