Mini TR for 5-23

touchdown62

Mini in that this may be shorter than ones I've posted in the past, and mini because I was only in the park for 3.5 hours, but what a 3.5 hours it was!

As some of you may know, I made a deal with the Devil, errr, I mean Jackson (Beast1979). He made it through the offseason, so I had to go on Delirium, a ride that made me nauseous just looking at the fool thing. Today was a good day to make good on the deal, or as the Klingons say, "Today is a good day to die (a little inside)." He says he'll be looking for me.

Got to the park around 4:30 and, after visiting the front bathrooms with the sweet Dyson airblades, I went to Racer to get my feet wet. Jackson ran right by me. So much for looking for me. Got on Racer first since it was finally open. Went in front row. What a neat experience, my first ride on Racer in the front since the about-face a couple years ago... and was it ever SMOOTH!!

After that, went toward Action Zone, since that's the general direction my hunter was heading when he ran past me. Some hunter. If I were a snake... well you get the idea. I decided to become the hunter. Looked around AZ for a few minutes, ran into one of my "kids" from the school where I work, outside of Delirium (there's that word again). Talked to him a few minutes, when lo and behold, Hair walked around the corner with Adam (pkiboy), and Dave (Dave_Stroem... something like that) and his family, Tom(and a whole bunch of numbers), and Angie (giga....2k). At least I'm not the only one with nauseous feelings toward Delirium. Other Tom feels the same way. I let the group go on the ride and waited at the exit. Insert snake metaphor here, too. They walked out of the exit right next to the table I was sitting at. The snake struck. Jackson tried to push me on the ride by myself. No way. So we went on my next OH SO FAVORITE ride :blink: ...

Drop Tower. Good news. I can now fit in the red-belt seats, with a slight push from Other Tom. Bad news, I was now something like 300' in the air with Angie counting up to 7 and Jackson counting down from 7. As I've said before, I don't want to be able to count down to my doom. Just drop already. You really want to make me scream like I mean it, put me on that d#$& ride.

Time to settle deal. Went on Delirium with Jackson and getting the play-by-play on where we'll be facing at each end of the swing. How fast does that thing go, anyway. Truth be told, it really wasn't that bad.

Those were really the highlights, until the end of the day. Between Delirium and 8:00, rode FoF in the front row with Jackson, feeling like I needed to cut my legs off to fit in the front. Went from there to DB and got right on using the single-rider line. We even rode the same train. Thought about Dodg'em, but Jackson's mom texted, so he had to go. I spent the last hour by myself riding FD in the back car, AE in the front row, then off to Beast to hopefully get one of the last rides of the day.

Didn't just get 1 of the last rides, I was on the last train of the day IN THE FRONT ROW... BY MYSELF!!! Yes, by myself, much to the dismay of Dave, who ended up on the last train with his daughter as well along with Adam and his friend. Great way to end a relatively short trip. Short, but quite adventurous, to say the least.

BTW, I do like the new placement of the flags by the front gate. They don't get in the way of the view, they add to the view of the Royal Fountains and the Eiffel Tower.

Nice "mini" trip report!

Didn't just get 1 of the last rides, I was on the last train of the day IN THE FRONT ROW... BY MYSELF!!!

I know that non-enthusiasts probably consider it "nerdy"...but it really is cool to be on the last train of the evening...especially in the front! smile.gif