lost ph

PKIDelirium

I'd say put in a call to guest relations and see if they can help. I had a friend who lost his hat on TG. It flew off and landed below the coaster. He got off and told one of the ride operators, and they had him fill out a piece of paper with his name and other info, and then all he had to do was go back and get his hat later that week.

GR has little to do with recovering lostg items. Items that are lost on a coaster could have been left in a seat and taken by someone else. Also, if they fell out midway throough the ride. Chances are maintenance will find it. If not, it will be hidden from view. I know earlier in the year, I witnessed someone loose their cell phone on TR:TR and it hit the concrete and split into three or four pieces. Bottom line while riding rides in the park is to make sure that you secure all loose articles as all the safety signs suggest. Then you won`t have to worry about recovering a lost item. A while ago there was an article in the Cincinnati Enquirer about all the lost items that are found in the park and never claimed. You might be able to still find a link on the Cincinnati Enquirer website (cincinnati.com).

I quote a former ride operator at Americana in saying:

"The coaster is like a treasure chest. Everytime you walk it, you find everything there is - keys, glasses, lots of money, cigarettes. You just pick them up as you go. We've had girls lose their bikini tops. We had a girl one time with a paper dress and nothing under it. I was collecting quarters for riders. I said, "Where's your money?' She said, "I lost my clothes." It didn't dawn on me what had happened. I said to Bill, "Come down and look at this." She wouldn't give me any money or get off. She rode two or three more times before we could get a coat for her. Everybody was looking at her."

This is how the process generally works:

When someone finds something left in a seat, they usually give it to us (the operators). We keep it in the driver booth until someone comes to get it that day. If nobody comes, we bring it down to the GR booth after the park closes.

If someone loses an item on our ride and we can't find it, we have them fill out one of them lost article cards, and we bring that to GR. If the mechanics find something when they inspect the ride the next day and find something (other than money), I think they bring it to GR.

So, bottom line, I would call GR.

And BoddaH: that is one of the funniest stories I have ever heard on a roller coaster! However, I don't recall anyone losing the bikini top or anything like that on SOB, Top Gun, or any other ride at PKI. We just deal with hats and occasionally sweatshirts when it comes to clothes.

Let me assure you that if it did, we would shut down every ride in the park so everyone could come get a look at her. laugh.giftongue.gif

Man, would that be a story.

Ya my not so bright friend lost his walet at pki and 2 weeks later they gave him a call. He had five dollars in it befor but when he got it back no money, thats what he gets for being not so bright biggrin.gif , but his pass was still in there.

Edited by beastbreakdown

wow! PKI RULZ! I drove to the park yesterday, and they let me in to the emplyee entrance guard post. the guard made like 10 calls over 20 minutes, finally calling the HEAD OF SECURITY, who unlocked lost and found, and got me my phone back! it was missing the battery, but a quick trip to verizon got me a new, free battery!

pki RULES with guest service!

However, I don't recall anyone losing the bikini top or anything like that on SOB, Top Gun, or any other ride at PKI. We just deal with hats and occasionally sweatshirts when it comes to clothes.

I like it when people kick off their shoes/sandals on DZ. I remember one ride Op telling me that shoes only come off on that ride if you kick them off, and that the employees don't have to get the shoes at all if they do not want to.

Steve-o, this was before Drew was working SOB. He was over at Xpress in the beginning of the year. We had 2 sups, and one transferred (somehow) to TR. He ended up quitting. Then, Drew came over, and the other one quit. That made Drew the head sup by default. Funny how the world works.

Ok, bottom line, if you lose an article on a ride, sorry to say but ride ops are not responsible because its your responsibility to secure them, there are signs posted. In case you do lose them, tell a ride op and fill out a lost article card, that wont guarentee we will find your article but it means if we find it we know who to call and where to send it to. Also this topic isnt about Drew or his employment history or whatever its about a lost phone that was found. This topic should be closed because the case is closed!