Dumb question re Boomerang Bay

Lakota88

I'm making my first trip back to KI in ages soon, so it will be my first BB experience.

Are there locker/changing rooms anywhere in BB or do you have to use the lockers at the front gate for storing clothes and such?

Yes, there are a couple of locker areas at BB and changing rooms. The lockers require a deposit and fee... I think last year it was $7 with a $5 deposit? Anyone wanna verify that?

$7 for a locker?!?

I think I'll bring a backpack.

A word of caution if you do that. Be careful where you leave your backpack, as things can easily get stolen out there if left unattended. We typically arrive in our swimsuits and leave our clothes in our car. The only thing we bring in to the waterpark with us are towels, sunscreen and our cup for drinks. When it's time to change, one of us will run out to the car and bring in the clothes to change into. I know of too many instances where things have been stolen from unattended chairs. Luckily, the only thing we've had stolen was our refillable souvenir cup, which had our name written on it.... that goes to show people will take ANYTHING there... why in the world would you steal someone's used cup? Yuck!