The Final Fate of Americana/Lesourdsville Lake Amusement Park

I Dont have that much time to Write a full story, So ill condense it the best I can. Americana Will be Leveled this Summer. Eagle and All, Gone. Very Very Sad. However, A New beginning will happen when Fantasy Farm will Reopen this Fall with 14 new Kiddie Rides and a Petting Area and Everything! This coming from the Mouth of Jerry Couch himself. I Talked to him outside the entrance to Americana today as I was snapping a few Pictures on the Way home from KI. So Sad to see Americana finally coming to a Tragic End.. Kinda neat to see Them Bringing back Fantasy Farm though.. :) More Details soon to follow..

I thought the same thing Gatorhead. But Looking across the old Americana Parking lot, Most of the new ride are already halfway assembled and the land around it is starting to take shape. So, Although Ill believe the Leveling of Americana when I see it, I ALready see the Rides going up in the Fantasy Farm Area..

• 5 months later...

When the staff of KIC met with Jerry Couch in 2007, he had planned to turn Americana into a Christian boys' day camp. He said that most of the rides would be removed (including the Screachin' Eagle) and the open field that used to be the lake would become soccer fields.

Reminds of the quote (not sure who gets credit for it) - "when all is said and done, more is said than done"

And for some reason, I can't help but think of Mr. Hart, Mr. Workman, and Kentucky Kingdom as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps because the midway operator who had leased the park fleeced Mr. Couch bigtime? That alone would take the taste out of your mouth for running an amusement park...and it did...

Yes, the park was busy. Yes, someone almost certainly made a lot of money from the park that year. By all accounts, it was not Mr. Couch.

Mr Couch is NOT the upstanding business man of Butler County by any stretch of the imagination! He has told one lie after another. He is nothing but

a New Miami hilljack, just like all the other low lifes who live in that arm pit town. He absolutely had NO intentions of ever operating Lesourdsville Lake as

an amusement park. It was all a facade what he did in 2002. He wanted people to believe he was going to refurbish and operate the park as the old

glory days, but it was all LIES! He even was advertising their own version of some Halloween event for that year,but it never happened, because that was

all a LIE, too! From what I have heard, and not sure if this is true or not, but he CAN'T just tear down the Screechin Eagle, because someone else bought

the coaster. That may or may not be true. Maybe Terpy would have the insight on that. But, I know first hand from having been around that man and his

business some 30+ years ago, that he is nothing but a crook! I would never ever buy a camper, RV or anything from him, because he is a con man. It's a

pure crime what he did to that great amusement park. There was another individual who was trying to purchase the park when Couch took it. He would

have done the right thing and made that park great! I know for a fact, that was NEVER Couch's intention. He bought Lesourdsville Lake for basically the same

reason Cedar Fair bought Geauga Lake, to TEAR IT DOWN!

This is a capitalistic society. If Mr. Couch decided to close down LeSourdsville Lake, he had the authority to do so. Since 2002, Jerry has had a few different ideas on what to do with the park, but (for whatever reason) none of the projects have got completed. Benred23's observation is but one of Jerry Couch's ideas to make a profit.

This brings up a question for me... If Americana truly was profitable, then why did Park River Corporation close it down (before Mr. Couch came into its possession)? From what I've heard, the people from Coney Island had some great plans for that place.

Yeppers, Blame anybody blame, the family from Coney. Yes the patriarch passed away. But its inevitble to keep his plans going. They are the ones to blame and for not checking on Mr. Crouch's plans of a agreat park that did succeed even so after Kings Island opened.

The screechin eagle should be saved some how some way Great Coaster!!!!.

The Log flume was one of the top 5 in the nation!

Crazy for Mr. crouch to be blamed no! Coneys' owners are as much as fault!

Oh well We'll see about fantasy farm I say no way!!!!It will not happen:

Are you really trying to blame Park River Corp. for selling Americana to Couch, and for its demise? I say good grief. How are they responsible. Its not like they should have checked the business plan for the future owners. They do not care how the new owner will care for the park. Not unlike how when you sell a house, you do not put check the business plan of the new owners. Yes, sometimes deed restrictions get placed on the property, but those generally stipulate how a person does business.

• 4 months later...

Topic Bump...any news about this park? Has it been leveled? Is there anything still standing. From what I saw on google maps satellite it doesn't look like it, but not sure how long ago that picture was taken.

I believe it is still standing, we passed it 3 weeks ago unless something happened during that time.