Kudos to KI

gigacoaster2k

I have noticed this year that:

- the landscaping is absolutely beautiful and I think KI did a fantastic job

- most employees are friendlier, more understanding, more lively, more apologetic, more interactive with park guests

- more employees are enforcing park rules

- employees are working harder to keep the park clean

- operations run better/capacity has improved (Racer has actually been racing too, which is awesome!)

I absolutely LOVE Kings Island. I just wanted to take the time to point out the positive things.. so many of us focus on the negative that we overlook the reasons why we love the park so much.

To the employees of KI: Please keep up the great job. Your efforts are not going unappreciated or unnoticed.

:)

I agree entirely with Gigacoaster 2K on how much better a job the staff has been doing this year, and also on the landscaping. And you forgot to mention that all remaining theming on most of the rides is now working. When I visited the park on 5/8 this year, Adventure Express had all its sound effects and animatronics working. Flight of Fear had the cool dim lights on and the spiels playing. Backlot Stunt Coaster had all the sound effects, explosions of fire, and helicopter working (the water stuff and MINI Cooper liscence seems to be all that has been removed).

Kudos to KI, indeed!rolleyes.gif Cedar Fair is actually doing a very good job running KI for now, with only a few minor annoyances to complain about (SOB, Crypt, less theming and few other things).

- operations run better/capacity has improved (Racer has actually been racing too, which is awesome!)

Funny, out of all my visits to KI this year, I have yet to go when both the Red Racer and Blue Racer are both operating! And yes, I have been there on some days when it has been crowded and both sides should have been open.

On a more positive note,I too have noticed some improvements in park landscaping. However, for some reason, and I have no idea why, it always seems that the landscaping is actually better over at Boomerang Bay than in the dry side of the park?

I have yet to go when both the Red Racer and Blue Racer are both operating!

I saw you around the park Sunday. Racer was running both sides, and they were indeed racing. Blue was loading faster than Red, so the ops on Blue were jokingly harassing the ops on Red and telling them to hurry up and that they were slow/killing capacity/etc. :lol: They were even slapping the sides of the control booth like they were slapping a racehorse's side right before they dispatched the trains. I also noticed that the female ride ops were on Red and male ride ops were on Blue. It was highly entertaining.

I must say I have been very impressed with the quality and taste of the LaRosa's pizza this year...(but not the size of the slices at the International Street location).

EVERY employee I have talked to has been friendly and helpful.

And my Kings Island Platinum Pass has scanned at Kings Island without fail.....

Terpy, again trying to be good! :)

KI employees are a helluva lot better than the ones at Cedar Point. Agreed it is looking nicer, but I do feel Cedar Fair is turning into the old, crappy Six Flags, and SF is turning into the older, nicer Cedar Fair.

Comparing KI with CP, OVERALL, employees at KI are more friendlier and hate to see WOS's. It took about 5 minutes and 3 ride-ops to get my DB restraint 3 clicks. I rode :)!!!. Congratulations to DB crew by puting up with me and letting me ride.!!! :) :) :) :)

Guest IceCream329

This gives me a big smile, knowing that my performance and attitude brings about this topic, not just me of course but to all my fellow associates.......You know my whole purpose and my greatest joy at work, the greatest pay, is seeing my guests smile.......No pay can compare to a smile on a guests face! rolleyes.gif

KI employees are a helluva lot better than the ones at Cedar Point. Agreed it is looking nicer, but I do feel Cedar Fair is turning into the old, crappy Six Flags, and SF is turning into the older, nicer Cedar Fair.

You weren't at Cedar Point opening day to see the changes and the differences there too.

..anyway,

I absolutely love the DB crew. They are fun, lively, humorous, do a great job with capacity, always greet me when I go to ride DB.. it's not just the coaster I'm running toward.. it makes my day to see a smile on the faces of the ride ops I'm friends with when they see me in line, and take a few minutes to stop and talk to me. To me, that is what matters. :)

You weren't at Cedar Point opening day to see the changes and the differences there too.

With Raptor, Disaster Transport, Maverick, TTD (because of rain), Gemini Blue, Gemini Red, Wildcat, Woodstock Express, and even MF down (until 1PM); I had PLENTY of time to look around notice the 'differences' there this year. The best addition of the 2010 season was the beautiful smoking area near the paddleboat tours!

I love waiting in line for MF for 2.5 hours in the rain with a one train op. They didn't even bother to tell us it broke down three times while in line.

KI tells you when the ride breaks down, and also has employees out when a ride is closed.

I've noticed that the park is very clean this year, granted it's early in the year, but I'm sure it will continue to be. The employees seem friendly and capacity, for the most part, is good. If anyone works on Invertigo, hats off for quick load times so far. Thanks for making this topic Giga. smile.gif

I saw you around the park Sunday. Racer was running both sides, and they were indeed racing. Blue was loading faster than Red, so the ops on Blue were jokingly harassing the ops on Red and telling them to hurry up and that they were slow/killing capacity/etc. laugh.gif They were even slapping the sides of the control booth like they were slapping a racehorse's side right before they dispatched the trains. I also noticed that the female ride ops were on Red and male ride ops were on Blue. It was highly entertaining.

This is EXACTLY the kind of thing I LOVE reading! IMO, that's what the ride ops should be doing on that ride! And they were having fun with it too. The Racer should race...

I went on Sunday, but I didn't get a chance to ride Racer that day. However, when I was on Monster with GatorGirl, I noticed that they were racing. I was very happy to see them doing that.