Kudos to KI

gigacoaster2k

KI employees are a helluva lot better than the ones at Cedar Point. Agreed it is looking nicer, but I do feel Cedar Fair is turning into the old, crappy Six Flags, and SF is turning into the older, nicer Cedar Fair.

You weren't at Cedar Point opening day to see the changes and the differences there too.

With Raptor, Disaster Transport, Maverick, TTD (because of rain), Gemini Blue, Gemini Red, Wildcat, Woodstock Express, and even MF down (until 1PM); I had PLENTY of time to look around notice the 'differences' there this year. The best addition of the 2010 season was the beautiful smoking area near the paddleboat tours!

I love waiting in line for MF for 2.5 hours in the rain with a one train op. They didn't even bother to tell us it broke down three times while in line.

KI tells you when the ride breaks down, and also has employees out when a ride is closed.

KI Man, come on! We are trying to have a nice subject...

Don't mean to be rude or anything.

This gives me a big smile, knowing that my performance and attitude brings about this topic, not just me of course but to all my fellow associates.......You know my whole purpose and my greatest joy at work, the greatest pay, is seeing my guests smile.......No pay can compare to a smile on a guests face! rolleyes.gif

You seem *way* more into your job than many other associates I've seen... and that's a good thing! :)

I guess this is this thread's theme song:

Monty Python's "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" tongue.gif

I do have a question...if you are not supposed to post anything negative in a positive thread is it considered equally as rude to post something positive in a negative thread? blink.gif

Guest IceCream329

This gives me a big smile, knowing that my performance and attitude brings about this topic, not just me of course but to all my fellow associates.......You know my whole purpose and my greatest joy at work, the greatest pay, is seeing my guests smile.......No pay can compare to a smile on a guests face! rolleyes.gif

You seem *way* more into your job than many other associates I've seen... and that's a good thing! :)

Kings Island is my job, I was somewhat promoted to a new stand this weekend because of my guest service.....This is my life, the day will come when I will be in the highest of management there, they believe it...I believe it.....C'mon down to Rivertown Pizza, thats my stand, and take a guess who I am....

I believe the landscape of DB is absolutely beautiful.

And to IceCream329, I felt that way when I worked KI in 2005. It was "THE" greatest time of my life. I enjoyed coming to work and staying for a doubleshift anyday of the week when asked. Many times, I even volunteered.

"And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin it so much, I cut that grass for free." ~Forrest Gump, 1994

Wait how was I negative? That was about Cedar Point, it doesn't count!

Water Park staff was awesome today. And they even re-profiled the body slides Down Under Thunder (which have been awful in the past)They no longer are filled with fiberglass splinters of death! They have moved to the enclosed twisting bodyslides, Aussie Twister. No way in HELL should "awesome" be in the name.

Oh, and Paul is the best Beast operator.

I've noticed that the park is looking nice this year. They've really gone out of their way to improve landscaping, improve the NU to PS, as well as bring Snoopy's Starlight (Spectacular?)

I don't know, considering that there aren't any new attractions this year, they've really worked a lot of things out. I'm looking forward to seeing Snoopy Starlight Spectacular.

I have been itching to get back to KI for 2 weeks now. My 2 visits to the park so far this year has been great. Now I am really ready to jump in the car and drive the 2 hrs to be in the park we all love. If I did not think I would be living out of my truck when I got back home I would be on the road right now! ohmy.gif

Thanks to KI for stepping things up for the season, it obviously shows big time, keep it up! I also want to think KI for the 5@5 and listening to some people's criticisms that you have obviously worked on this off season to fix.

KI employees are a helluva lot better than the ones at Cedar Point. Agreed it is looking nicer, but I do feel Cedar Fair is turning into the old, crappy Six Flags, and SF is turning into the older, nicer Cedar Fair.

You weren't at Cedar Point opening day to see the changes and the differences there too.

With Raptor, Disaster Transport, Maverick, TTD (because of rain), Gemini Blue, Gemini Red, Wildcat, Woodstock Express, and even MF down (until 1PM); I had PLENTY of time to look around notice the 'differences' there this year. The best addition of the 2010 season was the beautiful smoking area near the paddleboat tours!

I love waiting in line for MF for 2.5 hours in the rain with a one train op. They didn't even bother to tell us it broke down three times while in line.

KI tells you when the ride breaks down, and also has employees out when a ride is closed.

Don't go to Cedar Point on a Saturday or in rain, or you're going to find reasons to complain.

I went the Wednesday after opening to CP, and the employees couldn't have been nicer. Nearly every employee had a smile on their face, the ride op's were joking and creating a fun atmosphere, and the food stand girl politely said "Sorry about the wait sir. Is there anything I can get you while you wait?" as they spent a few minutes making fresh fries for me.

Oh, did I mention I literally walked on Millenium Force twice in the morning, once on Maverick in the morning, and twice on Maverick in the evening? I rode all 16 roller coasters (that I was allowed to ride) and many other rides by late afternoon. None were down.

Sorry, just had to negate that negativity about Cedar Point, as it was not warranted.

^Amen. Cedar Point on a Saturday is a mistake. Going in the middle of the week is an amazing time.

I'd like to mention is that the lines at KI are a lot shorter under Cedar Fair's management. Cedar Fair's number one priority is ride operation, and they do an amazing job of perfecting the speed of dispatching trains.

I have been very impressed with the employees in the character outfits. They have been very energetic, and quite funny to watch.

Also tonight as the storm came in I was in the lost parent center, taking care of a lost kid, but this is not about me. It started to downpour and 4 teens were getting food at chick fil a. They ran across the midway to the lost kids center to get out of the storm. One of them dropped her food all over the midway. A chick fil a employee came over and brought 3 bags filled with sandwiches, nuggets, and chicken strips for the kids, saying he saw them drop their food. He also cleaned up their mess.

Guest Millennium

I love how Rivertown looks. All of it I think is beautiful...and I love that the theming is back on with Adventure Express...it is a big step forward.

How is it the parks fault that the rides were down? ..jw..I've been to Cedar Point several times and have never gotten bad service.

I cant believe this but I still haven't gone to Kings Island and it's been about a month and a half since Opening Day. I am visiting this Wednesday and I am so pumped!

I can't wait to see everything that is different.

biggrin.gif

you'll probably see me working til about 4 then I'll be there after!

I cant believe this but I still haven't gone to Kings Island and it's been about a month and a half since Opening Day. I am visiting this Wednesday and I am so pumped!

I can't wait to see everything that is different.

biggrin.gif

you'll probably see me working til about 4 then I'll be there after!

And I shall be seeing you both, given the anticipation does not take over and i take a random trip on Tuesday to get my fix lolB)