Coney- Wallenda Family Thrill Show

CoastersRZ

From Coney`s Facebook page (found here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cincinnati-OH/Coney-Island-Amusement-Park/121898760525?ajaxpipe=1&__a=4 ):

The Wallenda Family Thrill Show live at Sunlite Pool June 26-July 5! Guiness World Record holder Nik Wallenda will perform daily - walking 200-feet across Sunlite Pool on a highwire suspeneded five stories in the air! Showtimes TBA.

This'll be awesome! I'll be sure to come see this show at least once, even though I'm no longer a pass holder.

Looks like Coney Island is bringing on a lot more entertainment, as parks used to be... Coney Island had a very similar tight rope/ stunt show, up until their season closing in the 50s. (And I believe it ran until 1971.)

cal17.jpg

June 26 - 5, 2010

Nik Wallenda, of the legendary Great Wallendas and Guinness world record holder, headlines this spectacular ten-day event at Sunlite Pool. Nik will walk 200 feet across Sunlite Pool on a highwire suspended five stories in the air! Other atmosphere acts include Mike and Clown and a danger-defying swaypole by more of the Wallenda family. Performances daily.

Skywalk Over Sunlite Pool

Nik Wallenda will once again defy gravity as he walks on a 5/8" wire rope more than 50-feet above Sunlite Pool. Nik will be walking the entire width of the pool with nothing but a 45lb. balancing pole. That's right, no safety devices whatsoever! If you're in the pool, then you've got the best seat in the house. Don't miss this amazing feat of daring dexterity!

Swaypole Spectacular

Swaying back and forth on slender, skyscraping, swaying poles, the Wallendas are sure to keep you on the edge of your seat as they defy danger and climb freestyle, hand-over-hand to the top of their towering swaypoles high above Sunlite Pool. This act also features an unbelievable and risky swaypole exchange, where they will actually exchange poles in mid air. The finale features a head first free-fall back to the safety of the ground!

Mike the Clown

Don't miss out on the wacky and zany antics of Mike the clown. Fun for children of all ages. Mike will keep everyone smiling with his genius comic creativity!

http://www.coneyisla...ndar.php?cID=17

I love this. smile.gif

Edit- I fixed the error in my first post... For some reason it won't save if I delete the error. I tried crossing it out, and it worked!

I went to the balloon glow last year, so I know it'll be crowded. I got there around 6 last year and still got to ride just about everything before the night was over (I think I rode everything except Ferris Wheel, Rock-O-Planes and Scrambler).

• 3 weeks later...

I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again, the Rock O Planes at Coney is one intense ride. And don`t count out Coney`s Scrambler either. Many people that I`ve talked to prefer it over Kings Island`s Scrambler (which used to run at Coney) and say that Coney`s is a more intense ride experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Don`t forget that today is the first day that the Wallenda Family Thrill Show takes place at Coney`s Sunlite Pool. Come on down and check out the show, as well as Coney`s classic rides. The rides are open today until 10pm, and Sunlite Pool is open until 8pm.

I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again, the Rock O Planes at Coney is one intense ride. And don`t count out Coney`s Scrambler either. Many people that I`ve talked to prefer it over Kings Island`s Scrambler (which used to run at Coney) and say that Coney`s is a more intense ride experience.

So is Tempest....I got a lil sick on it, and yes scrambler is great!!

Tempest was fan-freakin-TASTIC! I was up for another but noooooooooooo, not Kelli LOL (j/k). My Wife and I will be there the 3rd, as will Kelli and possibly Jesse and Family. Im not concerned about the crowds, as I have been given a good piece of information on where to watch the fireworks... and I will be there more for the enjoyment of Family and Friends. Too bad I wont see you that day except maybe in passing, as I am NOT a fan of ferris-wheels and I have no intention of ever stepping into the Rock-o-Planes lol.

Well, I will be there ALL day on the 3rd and the 4th. By the way, a little birdie has told me that the rides at Coney will be open until 11pm and Sunlite Pool will remain open until 9:30 on the 3rd. The fireworks will still launch at 10pm though.

Remember, that July 3rd (Balloon Glow Day) is Coney`s busiest day of the year. So expect crowds, especially since this year July 3 falls on a Saturday.

As with Summer Fair, I'll be selling Sweet Maize Kettle Corn at Balloon Glow.

Stop by and get a free sample and to say "Hello"!

pilotank