Tattoo, SFOT: Mother of 3, 30, Claims Turned Away Due To Ink

...Plus if there is a law suit as long as the girl was not being discriminating and was just trying to keep what she deemed offensive out of the park they should be fine....

Don't give up the day job! :)

Honestly, defending a lawsuit, even if you win, is:

* Stressful

* Inconvenient

* Expensive

* Often unnecessary, as the insurance company and/or learned counsel advise the defendant to settle, to avoid the three items listed first above...

Not at Six Flags. Turning a shirt inside out is not a solution to offensive clothing there. Guests have been known to immediately turn the shirt right side out later. At Great Adventure, for example, the announcement on the way into the park says that reversing offensive clothing is not a solution.

My question is, if the ink were a t-shirt with guns instead, I would think she would have been asked to turn the shirt inside out?

Not that I disagree with you statement, but I have seen shirts at KI that people had on that have the F word written right on it. Might be on the back and not real noticeable, but that would be offensive to some, and considered more offensive than the tat the lady has.

I've seen shirts FOR SALE, at both Cedar Fair parks and Six Flags parks that I seriously doubt would pass muster with admissions at Six Flags. I don't understand...except to know that the various departments at major parks apparently do not talk to each other.

Ride the big woody, indeed...

Others so crude I won't even post them here.

I'd be ashamed to work in a shop selling such trash...and I by no means a prude...

...Plus if there is a law suit as long as the girl was not being discriminating and was just trying to keep what she deemed offensive out of the park they should be fine....

Don't give up the day job! :)

Honestly, defending a lawsuit, even if you win, is:

* Stressful

* Inconvenient

* Expensive

* Often unnecessary, as the insurance company and/or learned counsel advise the defendant to settle, to avoid the three items listed first above...

haha I dont claim to know the law but from all my jobs I have had, my boss has always told me "if you are doing your job, you will be fine. We will take care of any issues." So thats what my point was, but yeah even if they would win it would still not be worth the trouble (and might be cheaper), if instead they just wrote her a check, or offered her free admission in the future.

My question is, if the ink were a t-shirt with guns instead, I would think she would have been asked to turn the shirt inside out?

Not that I disagree with you statement, but I have seen shirts at KI that people had on that have the F word written right on it. Might be on the back and not real noticeable, but that would be offensive to some, and considered more offensive than the tat the lady has.

Well as a paying customer you do (i think) have the right to complain to management of the park about its dress code, and what is allowed into the park....

I've seen shirts FOR SALE, at both Cedar Fair parks and Six Flags parks that I seriously doubt would pass muster with admissions at Six Flags. I don't understand...except to know that the various departments at major parks apparently do not talk to each other.

Ride the big woody, indeed...

Others so crude I won't even post them here.

I'd be ashamed to work in a shop selling such trash...and I by no means a prude...

They want to be funny.... isnt trashy funny these days?

• 1 month later...
...In one of the Six Flags cases, a man had a tattoo of a naked woman on his forearm. In the other, Samantha Osborn had tattoos of six-shooters on her upper chest. Osborn reportedly left one entrance when asked to do so and then entered the park through another line without being stopped or covering up.

Sharon Parker, the park's communications director, said employees watch for tattoos with vulgar designs or offensive language.

"We know we have guests who are colorful," Parker said. "We have no problem with those who are expressive. For the most part, people understand and come out and have a good time. When it's harmful to others, that's when we will step in."

An example of being colorful but acceptable might have been Brandon Overbee of Plano, who in May stood outside Six Flags all day giving hugs to set a Guinness World Record. While his body is covered in tattoos and piercings, 5,232 people shared a hug with him.

Parker said that when Overbee called to ask permission for his quest, he did mention his body art, Parker said.

"His weren't offensive," Parker said....

http://www.star-tele...es-wrestle.html

...In fact, the only two problems the Star-Telegram writer could come up with occurred at Six Flags, a man with a naked woman tat on his forearm and a young woman with "six-shooters on her upper chest"

The man was asked to cover up but the woman, Samantha Osborn, was denied entrance because her tattoo "condoned violence."...

http://www.examiner....guns-over-Texas