Times to go to Kings Island over the summer

diamondback45

Well, week days are usally light. But it is summer, so its not going to be completly empty. If you can, there is time to go still, during the week in the begining of June. Most schools are still in session, so it should be even more light. But either way, its not going to be deserted, and walk-ons are questionable.

Well, keep in mind that it's summer, and the water park is open. A lot of families will head over to the water park after lunchtime.

With that being said, the best time to go are obviously weekdays. However, avoid 3 day weekends and 4th of July like the plague! Any day that people get off of work, the park will be packed. In my experience, the park is less crowded in June than July & August, so you may want to get some trips in pretty soon.

I went to the park this past Monday. Even with huge school trips the same day, the park was dead!

Every ride was a walk on that I rode. The only stuff that I could see with any type of line were the consession stands. The blue ice cream place was HAMMERED when we were there. The only downfall to the park being empty, and this is only aguess, there may have been other reasons was the fact that the side walk stuff was closed. No lemonaide stands working, the dippin dot guys must have been out hunting up new "unknown to everyone else facts" or something beacuse they were nowhere to be found. A lot of the small shops stayed closed. Was this because the park was empty? Or beacuse it's still early in the season? I don't know. Also, one side of Racer is all that was running. I would have liked to have ridden both sides, but considering I was able to walk straight in the station and get the front car of the train sitting there, I can understand only running one side. A lot of the photo booths were closed too. the ones that come to mind are Beast, Boo Blasters, and FoF.

Our Keyhole photo took a long time to get too. Maybe these are just early seson glitches that haven't been ironed out yet. Anyways, back to the point. Any day through the week before it gets late in the year should be good. Keep the hours in mind though. We were able to walk on to the rides, but the park closed at 8. We still got multiple rides on everything, and were whooped when we left, but not getting a night ride made me feel a bit let down on the way home.

If you live near or can predict the weather, try to go on a day with light rain.

Sorry to add this in, but I am going June 4th, with this being the first friday of all schools off, can I expect to see large crowds?

Weekdays of course! It may be summer and people are going on vacation, but people have work and do not go on the weekdays. I would try sometime in the middle of the week, like Wednesday or Thursday. Most people go over the weekends and into Monday if they go on a vacation.

My class seems to be graduating early, so I will most likley go next thursday (June 3rd) My Kings Island buddy will still be in, so who wats to hang out? (No Drop Tower Fanatics)

Now what do you have against Drop Tower fanatics might I ask?

The days I have found are the best to go are days where it is supposed to rain. Granted you take a big chance there because if it does rain then rides will shut down, but it is always a chance I risk. These days usually keep crowds light and the day is not miserably hot due to the cloud coverage though. So far this season I have been blessed to go on days where there are minimal crowds and I have been able to ride everything I want to with minimal wait times.