Planing my first ever trip to Kings Island

Phantom1898

I am planing my first ever trip to Kings Island for June 24.

I will be staying at Sandcastle Suites and driving there from Cedar Point.

First, how is the drive? I want to avoid as much of Cincinnati as possible, seeing as my car just screams "Hey, I'm from Pittsburgh!" and I have a hard enough time driving in PGH.

What time is The Beast and Dimondback walkback. I am an ACEr and Club TPR member, and platnum pass holder and would like to take full advantage of it. Also, what kind of crowd is there usually for the walkback.

Looking at the routes you can take, you will either go through Dayton, or Columbus. I don't know anything about Dayton. I live in Columbus. If you come this way, you can take (from Sandusky) St Rt 4, to St Rt 95, to St Rt 23, to I-270, to I-71. This would keep you out of the city. If you go across to Toledo, and then down I-75 it may be an easier drive, but longer in distance. That route takes you through Dayton though. I have no idea about congestion, construction, or anything else there.

Have fun! The crowds for morning ERT on DB and Beast is usually minimal. Beast is typically a walk on with Diamondback not much longer. You'll be sure to enjoy yourself in that epic half hour.

Be sure to make time to do other things besides the thrills of the park. Kings Island has some hidden treasures, like the 1920's Classic, the Grand Carosuel. A lot of the rides along Coney Mall are pretty fun, and Planet Snoopy is a real treat, plus Boo Blasters is a fantastic dark ride. Don't forget to do Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular, a walk through light show after dusk.

Also, if I were you, I might want to spend another half day at Boomerang Bay. It's not the best waterpark in the world, but it's pretty decent.

Enjoy your trip, even if you are from Pittsburg. :P

I am planing my first ever trip to Kings Island for June 24.

I will be staying at Sandcastle Suites and driving there from Cedar Point.

First, how is the drive? I want to avoid as much of Cincinnati as possible, seeing as my car just screams "Hey, I'm from Pittsburgh!" and I have a hard enough time driving in PGH.

What time is The Beast and Dimondback walkback. I am an ACEr and Club TPR member, and platnum pass holder and would like to take full advantage of it. Also, what kind of crowd is there usually for the walkback.

You will have a great time. I have been to almost every park around and to me KI will always be the best. Have a great time.

Hey, now, there isn't anything wrong with being from Pittsburgh! wink.gif (I'm not from Pittsburgh, but my dad is, as well as being a fan of ALL their pro teams, therefore, I am a fan of all their pro teams and must have the city's back!)

Like it was said in an earlier post, you won't be going through Cincinnati, as Mason is conviently north of Cincinnati. You will have a BLAST! I am also going for the first time in a long long time, and a lot of the rides that I used to go on all the time are still there (some are modified, however *cough Racer cough*), and I still think it's one of the best, if not THE best park I have been to!

Have fun!

Thanks for the advice.

About ERT, If I went stright to Dimondback, how long is The Beast's line after ERT ends? I might just hit D-back for that whole half hour. Also, how many rides do you think I could get in during that half hour?

Thanks

BTW I know better that to wear Stillers stuff into Ohio. How dose that area fill towards the Pens? I get a lot of complements at CP when I wear my Sidney Crosby Jersey.

Depends on the day, the weather and how many other passholders/clubmembers ride. Some days you can get eight or more. Some days you will be lucky to get two.

Don't sweat the Steelers stuff...Cinci people love winners, even if they are stuck with the Bungles...

(tee hee, know that old Terp speaks with forked tongue...no need to throw salt in their eyes!)

...and, as such, you are much less apt to get to meet Ohio's 'friendly' and 'zealous' enforcers of the law on highways...aka The Ohio State Highway Patrol. If I had a dollar for every person I ever knew who got a ticket driving to or from Cedar Point, I could buy a Platinum Pass again. Whether it would scan at other parks is a whole nother question....

...and, as such, you less apt to get to meet Ohio's 'friendly' and 'zealous' enforcers of the law on highways...aka The Ohio State Highway Patrol. If I had a dollar for every person I ever knew who got a ticket driving to or from Cedar Point, I could buy a Platinum Pass again. Whether it would scan at other parks is a whole nother question....

Yeah, I got a ticket a few years back driving through ...well, I don't even know the name of the (town? village?), I just remember being on a country road for what felt like forever, and was going 63MPH in a 55MPH zone - first speeding ticket!

Finally took the 71 to 250 route, much faster and less stressful...