PTR: Reasons to go to Holiday World

Ki Man

Holiday World has changed quite a bit since last year..

-Voyage is undergoing the Timberliner transformation

-Pilgrim's Plunge looks great, and seems they ballanced the water level out just right

-Raven seems very, very smooth, and is running fantastic

-Wildebeest made its debut, and WOW...I'll talk about that later.

Voyage - This ride is pretty insane. Very forceful, and tons of airtime. I totally forgot how much airtime the first three big hills have, it was running pretty well - especially with the MCBR off. Front seat and backseat are too hard to pick which is better, but watch out for the middle of the train, it can get rough. Riding in the second to last car, back bench it was pretty noticable, nevertheless, Voyage is still Voyage and gives a nice ride. Airtime, airtime, airtime, and when you're tired...more airtime! Didn't mind PTC's still being there because it's still my favorite coaster! 10/10

Raven - It had some down time earlier in the day, but man was it running great! It is 15 years old now, and still delivers one of the best coaster rides out there. Definately a back seat ride, by the way. Strong laterals, strong airtime, a tunnel, and oh yeah, that CRAZY CCI drop in the middle of the ride. 9/10

Legend - I like this ride, but seems to have been running better last year. I'm not that big of a fan of the ride, and in the grand scheme of the woodies out there, it stands out. A little rough in some parts, but it seems you love the laterals or you don't, and I think I spent too much of my energy trying not to slam from left to right. Regardless, great airtime moments in there, and one of the best first drops! 6.5/10

Pilgrim's Plunge - I had a few problems with this last year, but everything is fine and dandy now! It looks great, and they added a few things. One of the boats we saw had a small splash shield infront, probably to block the water spraying in your face down the drop. Also, the restraints have a small side handle on them, probably to keep little kids from wiggling out. It does not come to a painful hault after the drop, unlike early last year. It skips across the water, and then BIG splash! Much bigger than last year. I was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully it won't give them as much downtime problems. 8/10

Be sure to check out Liberty Launch, Frightful Falls, and the other classic flats.

Splashin' Safari is probably the best waterpark I've been to. It's really hard to beat.

-A long open family raft ride.

-An enclosed, super long raft ride. Kind of scared me!

-Mat racers with a nice airtime hill that sends you airborne.

-3 Enclosed single/double tube slides.

-Proslide Tornado that kicks all sorts of butt.

-Proslide Behemoth bowl that is HUGE.

-2 wave pools

-2 open/enclosed tube slides

-2 rivers, lazy/rapids

And then there's Wildebeest. I was pretty sure I would have a new favorite waterpark ride after this Proslide water coaster, and I knew it would be good coming from KI's Great Wolf Lodge Proslide water coaster. After visiting Schlitterbahn, I've experienced the old school water coasters, and now, this thing.

--Now, it was good with a full boat, but just Andrew and I came back later for some more rides. Everyone MUST try Wildebeest with two people! I assume less weight means the LIMs can throw you up the hill a LOT quicker because man...the whole raft flies off the slide and goes THUMP as you land back down, not drastically, but enough that you could pretty much change seats in mid air! The airtime is insane. It's hard to choose Voyage or Wildebeest when going to Holiday World. The ride is very smooth, too. You don't need to worry about bracing yourself in the turns or at the bottom of the drops. Just relax, and omg hold on tight!

enjoy,

-Zach

82300652.jpg

Everyone is gay with excitement for Voyage!

46851207.jpg

Reason #1 - Front seat of Voyage.

37170431.jpg

Reason #2 - Voyage in general.

39517153.jpg

Heading into (airtime) heaven, never to be seen again!

64566898.jpg

This was covered up later in the day. Snooze you lose!

39803883.jpg

Reason #3 - this amazing ride.

38323231.jpg

Reason #4 - This first drop.

65766555.jpg

It's not a bad ride, I guess I'm not a lateral guy.

43152123.jpg

Airtime > Laterals for me. So Raven > Legend. Raven was much smoother, too.

60247493.jpg

A bit sinister?

48471045.jpg

Little did we know this is going to be as good as Voyage!

[22240392.jpg

The kid in the back's expression says it all. OMG THAT WAS AMAZING

55807569.jpg

ProSlide set up their own office in the station!

21134539.jpg

Unfortunately, it's not photogenic at all.

37818953.jpg

It just goes, and goes, and goes...

50426432.jpg

Fun twisty part at the end.

84807076.jpg

See that turn and drop? One of the most INSANE moments of airtime, ever.

21813883.jpg

Reason #5 - Wildebeest. Go ride it now!!!

64574288.jpg

Other fantastic slides. Can you spot legend's train?

40539996.jpg

First drop madness!

31187369.jpg

Great giant airtime hill, then reasons #6-#26 - Voyage's phenominal tiny airtime hills.

30510802.jpg

Someone just found reason #20 or something. One of the numerous little hills.

61097709.jpg

Big, fast, badass.

17217250.jpg

Crazy forces or constipation?

78790243.jpg

Hairtime everywhere!

93013187.jpg

Can DirecTV give me this channel?

72272554.jpg

Wait, what's that?

25145246.jpg

LOL! Yeah, Voyage's phenominal airtime WILL steal your necklaces! That's how strong it is.

82714695.jpg

Weeeeee

45435554.jpg

No lines = many rides.

71441034.jpg

Back seat fans rejoyce.

10939977.jpg

I don't hate this ride anymore, so you deserve one photo.

49952744.jpg

Airtimeface

79851168.jpg

And that's all.

Thanks for viewing, comment or criticize if you'd like.

-Zach

Great pics. I took a few, but still learning the camera I have, they didn't turn out quite as nice. I noticed on the test runs, that damaged part of the train was removed. Voyage is rough, but heres the difference-it won't hurt you. I ran it about 5 times during the day, and am not overly sore. Had to be the best coaster I've ever been on and I can't wait to return later in the season to try out the new trains.

Voyage is what a coaster should be, hands down. If SOB is to be saved, gravity group needs to do it, period.

Voyage did get a bit rough, probably because they spent the upkeep money on the Timberliners this year. We ride 2nd to last car, back bench...and yikes. But it's still awesome because of the airtime! The front seat surprised the hell out of me, I forgot how much air was on those first few big hills. I thought I was on El Toro!

Glad you had fun at HW I am looking forward to HWN for some ERT on Wildebeest. I am on able to see about 2/3 of your photos though.

Hm they are all fine for me.

Yeah, I heard Legend was re tracked as well. But like I said, it felt extra slow coming out of the tunneled helix, some spots really jackhammered...they clearly missed a few spots. Most noticably by the turn around by Zinga.

Thanks, everyone.