Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown!

CincyMan98

Today at KI I saw that RFYLCB had no running water in it, and was obviously closed. About two hours later I came back, and it was open. Then when I left at about 3:00 it was closed again, with no water running. Anybody know why they would do that?

I've seen many attractions shut down, then re-open (and vice-versa) during a given day at Kings Island. It's nothing unusual to me.

yes, including Surf dog. its been down alot this season, and it just started

What just started? Surf Dog? The season? Both?

Terp, who just HAD to (and the answer, of course, is yes....)

My first trip of the season was Friday.

Getting in line for White Water Canyon at around 1:00, my friend pointed out 8 or 9 associates speaking to each other under the closed Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown.

RFYLCB was closed and reopened quite a bit on Friday... Opened, Closed, Opened, Closed, Opened, Closed. In that order. The final closure was due to rain, and I'm not sure wether or not they reopened.

My first trip of the season was Friday.

Getting in line for White Water Canyon at around 1:00, my friend pointed out 8 or 9 associates speaking to each other under the closed Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown.

RFYLCB was closed and reopened quite a bit on Friday... Opened, Closed, Opened, Closed, Opened, Closed. In that order. The final closure was due to rain, and I'm not sure wether or not they reopened.

That's exactly what I heard on Friday. I mean, I saw it open at like 12:00 with a bunch of people in line - and then an hour later it's closed. I don't get it <_<.

yah i thought it was because someone vomited, as when i pointed that out, the 8 or 9 associates were all talking to a manager, and i thought i saw janitorial staff but im not sure. Pehaps someone threw something in the water?

yah i thought it was because someone vomited, as when i pointed that out, the 8 or 9 associates were all talking to a manager, and i thought i saw janitorial staff but im not sure. Pehaps someone threw something in the water?

And they did it again and again? See that's the thing, it opened and reopened like 3 times.

Has anything changed to make RFYLCB a very wet ride, or is it still just a splash here and there?

Also, based off Cedar Point's water rides, I've been avoiding White Water Canyon and Congo Falls for years, as Cedar Point's versions are the same as diving into a pool. It seems like I remember back in the day that White Water Canyon didn't make you nearly as wet as going under waterfall after waterfall at Cedar Point's. However, I asked an employee last season if WWC would drench me, and he said "oh yeah!"

So, I'm just curious what water rides I can ride for some light, refreshing splashes? I don't want to look like I dived in a pool and face squishy shoes and socks all day, nor do I want to change into a bathing suit or remove shoes, etc...

Any help would be appreciated, as a trip is planned in the coming days...

And in the same raft, some people can come off dry while others are drenched. You pays your money and you takes your chances...especially since there are coin operated geysers AND geysers that are operated by watchful employees in the towers...

Unfortunately, it's only one of the towers now. There was a time when the employees could spray guests from both towers, but now one has to rely on people paying to spray at the last tower.

Also, WWC, as others have stated, can get you soaked, and you can get off almost dry. Flume will almost definitely not get you soaked.

Just a word of warning...Although most people barely get a sprinkle on RFYLCB, people (myself included) have been getting soaked occasionally this year. I heard that some adjustments have been made to the ride, and I think it also has to do with how the weight is distributed in the boat. For example, two large adults in the back of the boat with the front empty = SOAKED.

If soggy shoes would totally ruin your day, you might not want to take the chance.

• 6 years later...