"Gold Pass" Benefits

SOB/Gun Steve-O

Those of you who have Gold Season Passes (and I imagine that's a decent amount of people here), I'm just curious:

Other than that special part of the parking lot you get to use or the Bring a Friend Free Days, do you ever use any of the benefits that Gold Pass has? Such as early rides, Double ride Tuesdays, I think they have some picnic thing on the fourth of July, too.

I've noticed that very, very few people use the early rides (at least in Action Zone anyway), and not all that many people use the double ride lanes on SOB. I've wondered why more people don't use them.

I've noticed that very, very few people use the early rides (at least in Action Zone anyway), and not all that many people use the double ride lanes on SOB. I've wondered why more people don't use them.

Hey that's good for the people that do use them isn't it? I won't use the double rides on SOB because once a day is enough for me on that torturing beast!

I second that thought that one ride on SoB is enough for me, at least based on my last two rides on this monster. As far as the gold pass, I didn`t do any early ride times this year, not that I didn`t want to but because I was working at Coney so often this summer that I didn`t have time to get to the park for ERT. Isn`t it good that not a lot of people use them (shorter lines)! Anyway, in a recent season pass survey, PKI asked about what benefits should be added to the gold pass. One of them was unlimited, free refills on Coke for the ENTIRE season. Another was free towels and suncreen in Boomerang Bay. Sounds like they are paying attention to a small park nearby in Indiana, no?

During the summer months I would use the early admittance to Waterworks, since I very rarely stayed til closing this worked out good also for the parking. Not so good if you stayed past Waterworks closing time. Otherwise I have always used the gold pass parking lot. Once we used the gold pass meal deal, not too bad of a deal if you figure it out in comparison to full price. rolleyes.gif

I was kind of dissapointed with the Gold Pass Meal Deal this year. It seemed like they only did this at the beginning of the season and that they didn`t have a wide variety of restaurants \in the park that participated. (I seem to recall only Mandarin Cuisine and LaRosa`s. Also, if I recall one of the deals was for a group of four people. If they bring this perk back, I hope they have more options, such as a meal deal at Skyline! Overall, I think they had a good idea though.

I am all about the gold pass parking, but as far as the other perks go... well their kinda lame. Tuesdays were tough for me to get there on. Wednesdays I couldnt get there early enough. And Bring a Friend Free day is kind of a nightmare. I would much rather see some money savings at the food stands. Then I might stay in the park to eat. Plus, I just like the look of the gold pass more. It makes me look like Im a VIP (LOL tongue.gif ). J/K! Anyway, the gold pass has some nice features but nothing beats the parking spot! There's nothing like not having to go out on an safari to find your car after a long day of walking around PKI. And thats all I have to say about that! smile.gif

yea there big mistake with "bring a friend free" is that it's only for 2 days so EVERYONE comes then and you don't get much out of it cause the lines are so long. plus it's the last weekend so the GP all wanna come to finish up the season. they should have it so that you can bring a friend any day of the year. i htink most people would like that better. and maybe they should do it like SF where you have more than one opertunity to bring a friend free.

i just got my gold pass last time i went so i havn't had a chance to do anyhting with it but i know i'll probably never be able to go on tuesdays or wednesdays so that sucks!!!

Yeah, they're really not losing money per se with bring a friend free days. I'm sure the money spent on food alone makes up for the lost revenue for admission. Keep in mind that if you're bringng a friend, they obviously don't have a pass so they'll probably want to stay all day, which is two meals and countless drinks. It all adds up.

I wouldn't go so far as saying that the perks are lame. The park does do a lot to try making having a gold pass worth the effort. The only real down side is that for a lot of them, you have to get there bright and early, which is not my cup of tea. I know that it's nearly impossible, but I would love to see PKI stay open late for gold pass holders. Actually, it would be AWSOME if they would have an overnight, like 6pm to 6am for gold passholders. I know that due to ride maintanance and needing to get employees to work, etc would make that improbable, but hey, it's a cool idea.

Bring a friend free days are a horror! One of these days I'm going to contact the park with my suggestions on this, I think that they should give out a coupon book or something when you get your season pass processed and each month include one coupon to bring a friend free, not on any particular day (as long as it falls in the particular month printed on the coupon), you choose when you want to bring them, I feel that the park wouldn't be as congested if they were to try something like this. ohmy.gif

I remember the BAFF day at the end of June in 2002. I was supposed to show up for my shift at 3 - I got stuck in a backup on I-71, got there around 4. Then we closed up the entrance because it got too crowded. I was told that it was a record attendance day - close to 70,000 people. I've never seen so many cars. It was kind of scary. The lines must have been huge and I can't even imagine the clean-up job...

One thing PKI could do is a BAFF coupon instead of having a special day. SFKK did it this year and while I would usually never take a friend there.....ever its a good thing.

I think this is a much better idea. Those BAFFD days suck, as the park is always packed full of people, to the point its no fun to be in the park anymore. I went to the last one, and it was ok in the morning, but it was freakin horrible in the afternoon, so we left. As much as I hate to make a statement like this, I don't think I can put it any other way. But its almost like the park is creating days where the park is at capacity, like its gonna do something for the park rating, or just to be able to say at the end of the year, we had x number of days at capacity.

Edited by fyrfyter

I think it was last year that they had "evening ride time" on The Beast and Son of Beast on saturdays in April and May. However, they did this in a bad way, and shut the lines down to the gp, two hours before closing. While this seems like a good idea, I never did it, and I think for the "ert" you were still left with the remaining line of gp, (they didn`t clear out the line of the gp). I think one night they should keep the rides open an extra two hours for goldpass holders. (This could be a logistical nightmare though.)

I think one night they should keep the rides open an extra two hours for goldpass holders. (This could be a logistical nightmare though.)

1) You are right. It would most definately be a logistical nightmare.

2) This would mean that the park would be open until midnight, and because of child labor laws the park has to follow, that can't happen very often. Even if they could, its tough motivating people to stay at work until 1 AM - which is when everyone would get out due to cleaning and such.

Okay, I have a question about the passes. We got our passes ordered and processed last weekend. In the flier we got a while back, it said you get free parking for the season. On my gold pass, it says "PARKING" below my name. I was wondering if this is the free parking perk.

Okay, I have a question about the passes. We got our passes ordered and processed last weekend. In the flier we got a while back, it said you get free parking for the season. On my gold pass, it says "PARKING" below my name. I was wondering if this is the free parking perk.

Yes.

They used to have a parking number that they printed on the pass. Now they are just printing the word parking. It used to be that they never printed any parking pass on a season pass. Instead, they only have the parking decals that were applied to the windshield of the car. This wasn`t the best idea, if you could be going up in more than one vehicle over the course of the season.

• 2 weeks later...
I remember the BAFF day at the end of June in 2002. I was supposed to show up for my shift at 3 - I got stuck in a backup on I-71, got there around 4. Then we closed up the entrance because it got too crowded. I was told that it was a record attendance day - close to 70,000 people. I've never seen so many cars. It was kind of scary. The lines must have been huge and I can't even imagine the clean-up job...

HA! if you thought parking was a nightmare...crap, i remember express's line was out past slingshot. AND for the record, BFFD is more than once a year for whoever said that it was just the last weekend or whatever...lets see. We had two in preseason which were not crowded at all. We had that one on August 8th, that was a midnight close...umm and we had the last weekend. I think there was another one in there somewhere too. so that's like at least 5.