New Sign for Planet Snoopy

brick52

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found that out too. I was thinking it looked pretty dumb just sitting there.....I'm hoping they're adding something to it.

I would hope so also, I'm guessing a sign similar to the one in coney mall.

I may either have bad observation skills or just never walk over there, but did anyone else notice the new arch that was built by the Chick-fil-a entrance to Planet Snoopy?

There used to be an arch right about that spot ... but it said "Happy Land of Hanna Barbera"

I may either have bad observation skills or just never walk over there, but did anyone else notice the new arch that was built by the Chick-fil-a entrance to Planet Snoopy?

There used to be an arch right about that spot ... but it said "Happy Land of Hanna Barbera"

I remember that arch, but in the recent years didn't they remove that arch, because the one just put up looks new.

Canada's Wonderland's rainbow arch still stands today... After all, even last year they had Hanna-Barbera Land. I believe the arch is still a rainbow and now has the official Planet Snoopy logo on it.

It makes sense to have one placed off International Street - there's a giant logo coming in from Rivertown, but only the small little circular plaza with the Snoopy statue when approaching from International Street. It's nice and quaint, but doesn't feel grand. The arch will help that!

I remember that arch, but in the recent years didn't they remove that arch, because the one just put up looks new.

I don't know when this arch left, but it has been a while - so the one just put up would be new, obviously :P. I just wanted to reference this, because it seemed interesting (and a good thing) to me that they'd put an arch in that location.

The original rainbow arch at KI left around the time that Phantom Theater opened (1992). For the 1998 renovation, they added a new arch type entrance closer to the Eiffel Tower, almost in front of the Showplace. That lasted for a few years, before they relocated the Yogi and Flinstone columns to the side of the midway for a few seasons. This new arch is located almost in the same spot as the rainbow arch was located.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed metal poles sprouting up at the entrances to Planet Snoopy on the sides of the midway? These poles are about 42-48 inches tall and located at the entrances to Planet Snoopy. Not sure what they are for, they almost look like the bases to umbrella holders, but given their placement, that function wouldn`t make sense.

The original rainbow arch at KI left around the time that Phantom Theater opened (1992). For the 1998 renovation, they added a new arch type entrance closer to the Eiffel Tower, almost in front of the Showplace. That lasted for a few years, before they relocated the Yogi and Flinstone columns to the side of the midway for a few seasons. This new arch is located almost in the same spot as the rainbow arch was located.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed metal poles sprouting up at the entrances to Planet Snoopy on the sides of the midway? These poles are about 42-48 inches tall and located at the entrances to Planet Snoopy. Not sure what they are for, they almost look like the bases to umbrella holders, but given their placement, that function wouldn`t make sense.

Yep, and as mentioned previously in this thread, some are in front of the pumpkin coaster...

I, too, am befuddled...but anticipating what they may be for is fun.

Terp, who finds the old sense of excitement about KI returning...and is very glad for that!

I walked through that area today and completely missed the arch! What was I looking at? laugh.gif

I did notice rather long poles along the walkway between the candy shop and BBoBH. Three poles each on either side of the walkway, about 10-15 ft high. They kind of looked like flagpoles but shorter. Wonder what these are for? We'll soon see...

For those who think the park should announce every little thing before it does it, think about this...

See how excited we are? See how much we care? Would we care as much if we knew what was up?

Terp, who once got excited over garbage can placement at a place in New Jersey...and isn't the least bit ashamed of that!

So what are the aluminum poles on the midway that look like chain link fence posts in front of the pumpkin coaster for? There is a series of four to six of them (I didn't count), about five feet apart, in front of the old wrought iron fence...and they are set in the cement...

I bet they are for flags of some sort.

I am really digging this transformation of Planet Snoopy. I am anxious to see what the sign looks like once they get the Planet Snoopy logo on it and once they get whatever poles are beside GPC. It's still not HBL, but Planet Snoopy is growing more and more on me everyday.