Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular and Don't Stop the Music are now rockin' Kings Island

"Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular" debuted this weekend to the delight of park guests. This new light show was custom designed by EMMY award-winning RWS and Associates in New York. Weighing in with a price tag of $1 million, this spectacle features two million low energy, high efficiency lights.

The display is broken into three parts: it begins with a techno show, followed by a rock show and finally a patriotic show - all of which have their own unique soundtrack and lighting choreography.

This huge display totally encompasses every tree and piece of shrubbery from the Eiffel Tower and making a crescent around Backlot Stunt Coaster, with the Eiffel Tower - being lit from top to bottom - being the centerpiece of the entire display.

"Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular" is displayed at 9:30 on every night that the park closes at 10:00 or later.

To see photos, follow the link below:

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=327

If you enjoy today's chart-topping music then "Don't Stop the Music" is the show for you. Featuring such artists as Lady Gaga and Kate Perry, "Don't Stop the Music" has been completely repackaged for 2010 with an all new song line up that packs a high energy punch for this evening show; performed on the International Bandstand.

To see photos of "Don't Stop the Music," follow the link below:

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=326

With such shows as "Way Too Much TV," "Don't Stop the Music" and "Charlie Brown's Hoedown" Kings Island's entertainment line for 2010 sure is packed, but not quite full. Don't forget that we will see the return of the popular country show, "Down Home Country" on June 5th and the debut of two new shows: "Snoopy Rocks! On Ice!" and "Signed Sealed Delivered" that debut on June 5th and June 18th respectively.

"Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular" is displayed at 9:30 on every night that the park closes at 10:00 or later.

That explains a lot. Most of my time in that area on Saturday was between 9:00 and 9:30. A little before 9:30 we went over to Coney and went back to the SSLS area just before fireworks (or no fireworks as it turned out). No wonder I was underwhelmed.

According to the park's website:

The display will begin at sunset and remain open until park closing time.

We went as soon as we saw the lights on and didn't see any of the three shows. I guess technically by turning the lights on, it means the display has started, but we missed out on the main event. Why wouldn't they start doing the shows when they first turn the lights on? Why wait a half an hour? I don't know, it doesn't make sense to me. unsure.gif

I'll give it another chance, believe me. But how was I (or any park guest) to know that there was more to it than what we saw between 9:00 and 9:30? Especially with the way the park's website is worded. It doesn't say anything about 9:30. Neither does the show schedule, which says "Dusk to Close".

From the comments on KIC and Facebook, I seem to be in the minority in my opinion (which I consider that to be a good thing in this situation). I guess it was just a matter of being in the right place at the wrong time, and everyone else was there at the right time...

I was VERY impressed with Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular on Friday, May 28th. The lights are beautiful, the soundtrack is set at an appropriate volume throughout the area, and the Eiffel Tower looks nothing short of amazing!

The only suggestion I would make is to encorporate some kind of cue in the show to indicate that guests should direct their attention to the Eiffel Tower. I was standing with the Tower to my back to best see all the lights, and when the lights stopped changing but the music continued, I was a bit confused. I assumed the show was over, and turned around to see the Eiffel Tower with its incredible new lights! Obviously, this is a result of my location and probably not a huge issue, but to make this great show even better, I think a cue would be useful.

Job well done, Kings Island!

Yes the photos are Great to look at and I enjoy the wide shots so I can get a feel for the area as a whole. As far as Cedar Point eating there heart, I think theirs is very nice and appropriate for the area besides I think if Cedar Point did not have it first then Kings Island may have never seen Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular.