Memorial Day Crowd

KI FANATIC 37

For some reason the past couple of days I have viewed the webcam the queue line for Diamondback did not have the bottom set of rails open. Even the past couple of times I have been up there the bottom set has not been open. Are they going to start using this like The Beast's bottom set, and use them only when really necessary?

For some reason the past couple of days I have viewed the webcam the queue line for Diamondback did not have the bottom set of rails open. Even the past couple of times I have been up there the bottom set has not been open. Are they going to start using this like The Beast's bottom set, and use them only when really necessary?

I was thinking it had to do with the heat of the weekend. I noticed a few people in line that looked like they were going to pass out. If they were waiting in the heat of the sun outside of the shade and misters, I can only imagine how long it would have taken for people to pass out.

I was thinking it had to do with the heat of the weekend. I noticed a few people in line that looked like they were going to pass out. If they were waiting in the heat of the sun outside of the shade and misters, I can only imagine how long it would have taken for people to pass out.

We had our first visit of the year on Memorial Day. It was a great day to go. Hot, but not opressive. There were some cool breezes now and again. And attendance was light just as I hoped. I wasn't sure if it was the weather forecasts or the fact that people do other things on Memorial Day. But it was a great day to be at KI.

I was there May 22nd and the bottom queue was open. I think those are just backup unless the main queue is full.

Sorry for the double post but lebeau, welcome to KIC!

It seems like we are getting a lot of new members.

Thanks!

I love the site. I've frequently used it for my KI nostalgia fix.

After this weekend's trip I finally decided to take the plunge and register.

We went Yesterday, but not the actual park. Went to Boomerang Bay for the day. Crowds were generally Light for the first part of the day 11-2. Then after that it seemed like the floodgates opened. Could hardly walk in the place by 5 when we decided to leave! My Girls had to wait 45 minutes for the little 20 second Boat slide ride in one of the kiddie areas of the park. Crazy. Overall, a Fun day though :)

My Girls had to wait 45 minutes for the little 20 second Boat slide ride...

I'm envisioning a future trip report from your daughter...it would go something like this:

Hey everybody...today I made another trip over to Boomerang Bay...and guess what?! The Boat slide ride was a walk-on!!! I couldn't believe it...I remember standing in line for it for 45 minutes in the past. (To me it is not worth more than a 5 minute wait at tops.)

I'm glad you had a good time! smile.gif