Holiday World... New Coaster?

Holiday World has had a new coaster addition roughly every 5 years, since The Raven.

1995- The Raven

1999- The Howler

2000- The Legend

2006- The Voyage

(1) Do you think Holiday World might be getting a new coaster addition very soon? and if so, (2) What kind do you think it will be?, (3) and could you imagine a whole new park section, as was included with Voyage?

I think your right Terp. I still think that the collection from Hardrock/Freestyle would fit in perfectly at HW. If they don't I hope that they do get sold and put in a park for people to enjoy. I loved their mine ride (Iron Horse). I could also see these working at KK if they get that going again.

Good call on KK being a nice home for a few of those Freestyle rides.

I kind of hope Holiday World starts (gasp!) smaller with their (family/adult) steel coaster collection when they decide to go that route. I think a mine train would be a great fit for the park myself.

I got the feeling that Pilgrim's Plunge was the first step towards a steel coaster for Holiday World. Kind of a "lets see how a tall steel structure blends in here."

All of HW's major coasters opened on May 6 on different years. Howler (and probably Firecracker) were the only exceptions. So my guess is the next year to have May 6 be a Saturday is the year Holiday World will be getting another coaster.

On May 25th, Holiday world posted this on Facebook-

Exactly seven months till ...

yes, I know, Christmas. But could this mean a Christmas coaster announcment that day? Kind of odd to post that in the middle of May.

My thoughts are as follows:

I am doubting a new coaster will show up at the park anytime soon. The Voyage is still drawing in people from around the country, so adding another world class thrill ride won't be necessary for at least another 5 years. And when one is added, it will probably not be a wooden coaster. Adding another woodie would be extremely redundant.

I also doubt that the Christmas Section, The Independence Day Section, and even the Halloween section will change much in the future. The park has a lot of room to expand towards the back of the park, so removing anything at the front of the park isn't needed.

It's obvious that the water park is Holiday World's main draw, as that's where most people go for the majority of the day. The past two additions to the park have been water rides, and as long as they stay popular, I don't see the trend stopping for another couple years. With that being said, I could see a wild mouse or a sit down looper added by 2016.

I don't see holiday world adding a steel coaster anytime soon. Last time I check, Will said "YUCK" when someone ask him is Holiday World going to add a steal coaster. The next coaster to me will most likely be a GCI.

Then why is there a steel coaster in Holiday World? Granted, it's small, but still...

I don't see holiday world adding a steel coaster anytime soon. Last time I check, Will said "YUCK" when someone ask him is Holiday World going to add a steal coaster. The next coaster to me will most likely be a GCI.

I doubt Holiday World would get a GCI coaster. They have been working with The Gravity Group since 2003. If I ran that park I would go with a engineering team that I'm much more familiar with and have worked with over the years. Definantly not next year and probably not the year after but I do see another Gravity Group ride in the next coupe of years at Holiday World.

You'll know what I mean, a major coaster like a B&M Coaster or Intiaman coaster or something. I just thought about it, isn't wildebeast classified as a roller coaster/ water ride?

It was one of the parks highest ride investments ever. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd highest park investment.

Like some of the above posts, I see Splashin' Safari getting new additions before Holiday World gets a new coaster. The Kochs are building Splashin' Safari up to be a water park on par with Schlitterbahn, and I don't think there's too much that will slow down the voted #2 water park in the world.

If there is a new steel coaster at a theme park in southern Indiana in the future I think it'll be something like a hyper or a giga with respect to intensity, but on a smaller scale heightwise.

• 1 month later...

Okay heres my viewpoint on this. I don't exactly see a new area coming anytime to soon unless they wanna clear land to the right of the Raven station and eliminate the Dive show and then expand that way. The reason being that expanding more past the PP and Voyage could be a tremendous walk for some guests. Not to mention the clutter it would cause on the Thanksgiving midway. The Christmas area doesn't have very much room to do anything in. And there are no current rides in the Christmas section, its used more of a gift shop/resturant area. Then there really isn't much room to expand in the Halloween or 4th of July either. But there is plenty of room to expand behind SS and some area to put new rides in the Thanksiving area. (Terp, do you have anything you could possibly add here?)

Now. On the subject of building a new coaster, I could see it possibly happening this offseason. If they decide to go Steel, I think if anything it'll be an Intiman. They've already worked with Intiman in the past and got a great turnout from the deal. I'm willing to bet they'll go to them again.

But if its wood, they will definitely go with Gravity Group. No questions asked. The only problem with another woodie is that, IMO I don't think that they can one-up the Voyage. And another Legend or Raven would just be a waste.

But on the other hand, they did just put in arguablely the best Wooden Roller Coaster of all time! And its still drawing in crowds from all over the East Coast! I don't really see all that much need for another world-class coaster quite yet. Even though I would love to see one.

I'm almost split 50/50 here. tongue.gif

Know that the park owns many, many acres for possible expansion. It is in no way landlocked...

^^Oh I know. Hmmmm...were you simply referring to acreage? Or perhaps hinting at something involving Lake Rudolph?

Wait! Does Terpy Know something we don't? I think he may possibly be onto something. Just maybe.