No Fireworks 5/29

robintodd

So I went to KI around 9pm, it was my birthday and I wanted to see the Starlight Spectacular. At 10 they did the announcement for the fireworks and ... no fireworks. They did the announcement again around 10:15 and still no fireworks. I'm sure it was a technical problems but I was still curious if anyone knew what went on? I kept on hearing in my head the martian from Looney Tunes repeating "Where's the ka-boom? There's supposed to be an earth shattering ka-boom."

Just to clear the air --

The fireworks go on every night of the regular season that the park closes at 10p or later. I overheard someone's radio in the park on Saturday in which they were talking about having technical difficulties with the fireworks. It almost seemed as if they took two shots at doing the show (they played the soundtrack twice) but it didn't work out.

Just to clear the air --

The fireworks go on every night of the regular season that the park closes at 10p or later. I overheard someone's radio in the park on Saturday in which they were talking about having technical difficulties with the fireworks. It almost seemed as if they took two shots at doing the show (they played the soundtrack twice) but it didn't work out.

That's what the guy selling the flashy toys (light wands, glow necklaces, etc.) at the front of the park said as well. Considering that they didn't even play the "rides and attractions are now closing" message until almost 10:30, I'm inclined to believe that reason, especially since the fireworks went off at 10 on Sunday.

Technical difficulties? Just light the stupid fuse and run!

tongue.gif

Seriously, I love the work that the fireworks people do. They pack the shells by hand... carefully! ...and make happy faces, stars, hearts, and all kinds of eye candy that never, ever gets old!! Always world-class!