Most Embarrasing Thing That Happened To You At KI

KIMonster14

Haha... cool topic.

Here's a story I haven't really shared yet:

Several years ago, back in the days of Fearfest I was up at the park with this girl who I had the biggest crush on. She was really jumpy in the mazes that we went through. When we went through Death Row, I was bragging to her that I had walked through the maze several times during the construction and knew my way through, which was the honest truth.

We went in, just the two of us, and I lead with her following behind me, holding onto me for dear life. I wasn't ten feet into the maze when I managed to get us turned around and we walked right out the entrance. What's worse? I knew the manager of the maze, who happened to be standing at the entrance and immediately asked, "Ryan, what the heck are you doing???"

My first and last date with that girl. :rolleyes:

• Like 8

The most embarrasing thing that ever happened to me was in line for Fairly Odd Coaster just over two years ago. My friend hadn't ridden a roller coaster ever. He got all the way through the line and then freaked out, hopped over the car, and ran (Literally ran) down the exit ramp. I just stood there in shock and rode it anyway. After I got off I pointed to the drop and told him how short it was. He shouted "That's huge!" It was just kind of embarrasing to me, haha.

• Like 2

Fun Topic...

So last year at Halloween Haunt We were walking back from Drop Tower and I stopped to look at the animatronic under the water tower. Well it popped up, startled me and I bumped into someone, (keep in mind I'm afraid of clowns). So when Iturn around to apologize it was an evil clown. Ahh man I screamed so loud everybody just turned and look at me. Very very fuuny. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Some of you already know this story AND it's SUPER embarassing, but why not?

Before I start, let me say that I'd HEARD of Dramamine, but I hadn't taken any in the past so I didn't yet know the miracles it could work. Let me also say that without it I can be a weak-stomached coaster rider. I also apologize in advance if this post gets graphic in any way.

On the first day of Ride Warriors Weekend last year I racked up nine coaster rides within the span of about three hours due to the ERT for that morning (The Beast, Backlot Stunt Coaster, and Vortex). I wasn't feeling my best after this, but I still hung around the KIC'ers that I was with. I then followed rypie91d, kittenpooh, and gigacoaster2k to the queue line for their credit on what was then known as Rugrats Runaway Reptar. They wanted me to ride it with them, but I'd already gotten the credit a few weeks back and knew how rattly the ride was. On top of that, I knew I would feel worse after the ride. However, after some persuasion, I decided to ride it. As soon as we hit the final brake run, I knew a protein spill was about to happen. Instead of running as fast as I could to the nearest garbage can I saw, I decided that I'd toss my cookies on the exit line of the ride. The only problem with that was there were three KIC'ers in front of me. Well with one small heap some of my stomach's contents were now on the exit ramp of Reptar. AND a very small amount was on poor kittenpooh's foot. If I've grossed anyone out so far I do apologize, but it gets funnier. Later that night I decided I wanted to get at least 5 Diamondback ERT night rides. Well, the good news is I got two rides in. The bad news is that after the second ERT ride I buried my head into a trash can right outside of DB Trading Post for an even worse repeat of what happened earlier that day. As if this happening during an ERT of an enthusiast event wasn't bad enough, it happened less than 10 feet away from another enthusiast who was watching. Again, I do apologize if I have offended anyone reading this with the details.

Soo... I had a protein spill after getting off (of all things) a kids' ride in close proximity of three other enthusiasts and had some of it land on another enthusiast's foot, repeated this action during (of all things) an ERT on a brand new world class coaster, AND had an enthusiast I didn't know witness the event.

The silver lining - I can now truthfully say that I've thrown up after getting off of a kids' ride and I earned a new nickname from rypie - "Chunks."

• Like 1

I walked into a pole. Last season, there were 3 barrier poles on the walkway to the entrance. I was goofing around with my camera, not paying attention. I walked smack into the middle pole, face first. There was a large crowd that witnessed it...

Our last visit to KI, my oldest daughter walks up to a random pole in the park and says "who am I?" and walks into it. Yeah, I'll never live that down.

• Like 4

Years ago when I was a teenager I passed out while standing in line for a drink at one of the Coney Mall eateries. I mean just passed out cold. Probably a combination of heat and dehydration. I woke up flat on my back on the blacktop with my friend saying "Are you okay?" and everyone else in line staring at me.

I got back up, dusted myself off, got my drink, then went right back to the rides for the rest of the day.

• Like 2

I was only 7 years old; but it's still embarrassing. My family was in line for Adventure Express. Once we got into the cars (the restraints weren't down yet) I jumped out of my seat, ran all the way out of the exit, and started crying.

I was in big trouble after that.

It was back when Boomerrang Bay was still Water Works. It was getting late and I just had to get one last slide in. I slipped on the top of the water slide and hit my head passed out and went down the slide. Regained consinous when I hit the water. Walked off like nothing had happened until someone said dude your head is gushing blood. Off to first aide I went to put a temp. bandage on it. Then made a trip to the ER for some stiches.

• Like 1

My most embarrassing moment would have to be when I was about 7, i think. I was at Kings Island and for some reason i wasnt feeling that good that day. I rode SpongeBob 3d and felt a lil better till i got on Shake rattle and roll. When i got in the car i threw up all over and they had 2 shut off the ride just for that. It was real embarrassing cause everybudy was staring at me

this just happened to me and my friends yesterday. We were riding Adventure Express and my friends went to the back and I stayed up front well they didnt pay attention when they sat down and sat right in a seat full of vommit. It was nasty and the whole day we were walking around and they were covered in vommit

Ooh! I know another embarrassing thing! Me and my friend Aaron were on our 15th ride of the day (in 3 hours) and on our 10th ride on Diamondback. The whole ride Aaron was screaming, "Yes! Woo-hoo! This is so fun!" but then when we got on the brake run into the station, he puked all over the floor. It was probably more embarrassing for him than it was for me.

Warning - Never go in the Green Train, Seat 6:2. (yes, I remembered the seat he puked in :P)

• Like 2

An embarrassing story from when I worked at the park back in 2005.

It was early in the season, and I was working at Yogi's Sky Tours. Suddenly, one of the helicopters decided to stop on the track. My coworker and I both panicked and instead of remembering our training, I called dispatch to tell them that the ride was down with people on it. This sent ride managers, maintenance and someone from the KI fire department rushing to the ride. Before all the managers, maintenance, etc. got there, I had remembered to try resetting the ride, which remedied the situation. At this point we went back to normal operation, right about the time that everyone arrived to see what was going on.

I felt like such an idiot - I'd sent managers, maintenance, etc. rushing to the ride for a possibly serious situation (there are no stairs or trackside walkways on that ride), only to have them arrive to find the ride operating normally.

• Like 3

Well, I suppose accidentally sitting in a protein spill is better than working a ride and having a protein spill land on your head. Fortunately, that did not happen to me, but a fellow coworker, while operating the Ferris Wheel. I`ve come close to having a protein spill land on me while working the Rock O Planes. Disgusting more than embarassing.

Yes, I have a similar situation from last year. The coaster operators called me saying the ride went down. I asked them if they had accidentally pushed the e-stop button. They assured me they hadn`t. So I called maintenance and heade out to the coaster. I get out there and check the e-stop button, and they had pushed it. Simply pulling it out restarted the ride, right as maintenance was arriving!

Ooh! I know another embarrassing thing! Me and my friend Aaron were on our 15th ride of the day (in 3 hours) and on our 10th ride on Diamondback. The whole ride Aaron was screaming, "Yes! Woo-hoo! This is so fun!" but then when we got on the brake run into the station, he puked all over the floor. It was probably more embarrassing for him than it was for me.

Warning - Never go in the Green Train, Seat 6:2. (yes, I remembered the seat he puked in :P)

Thats what that was?! :P

• Like 2

Back in the days of Fearfest, there was this Jason show in the Paramount theatre. I wasn't very old, Around 9 or 10. My dad and I decided to go see the show. Long story short, I freaked out in the middle of the show, went into the hallway where you enter. It was pitch black, and Jason was standing right there. I was terrified! I screamed, bolted out the front doors into the line for the next show. There was a ton of people. Highly embarrassing.

Lesson learned. DON'T TAKE YOUR TEN YEAR OLD TO Halloween Haunt! :P

Back about 15-20 years ago during my visit to KI my group decided to leave early because of an approaching storm. The car I owned at the time was a 1987 Plymouth Horizon, which had an ignition key that would only fit in one way. In my haste to leave, I put the key in the ignition the wrong way, tried to turn it, and broke it off. I flagged down a tram operator who said they would send someone out to assist me. 15 minutes later a van with the words "Lebanon Lock & Key" drives by but keeps going. My cousin who was with me at the time jumped on top of a trash can and was able to wave him down. It turned out that he wasn't sent by anyone from KI, but was cruising the lot looking for people who had locked their keys in their cars. 10 minutes later and $40 poorer we were on our way (My AAA membership trip-interruption insurance reimbursed me for the $40). Thank goodness I had my spare key in my wallet.

This is kinda offtopic but about a year ago i took a trip to SFGA. we got there before they opened up the different sections of the park and everybody was headed towards kingda ka even tho the section was still closed. when they opened it everybody took off for the ride so me and my dad started running towards it too, and theres this guy on is phone ahead of us not paying attention to were hes running 2 and he runs into a trash can!

The wooden benches built close to Adventure Express, (not sure if they are still there or have been replaced), about the time the ride had first opened, I wasn't looking, just talking and walking backwards to sit down and instead of sitting down on the bench, I smacked the tip of my tailbone directly onto one of the wooden posts that ran in between them. Everyone yelled seconds before I did it, trying to stop me, but it was too late and for several hours after I had a sharp stinging pain in my tailbone. I couldn't sit for the rest of the day anywhere after that, and it also hurt to walk. **** Wooden Posts!!! hahahahaha, they were about three feet high to so who knows how many this happened to on a daily basis. Next time I'm at the park, I'll look and see if they are still there.

I know, that's not that embarrassing.

There were a few times I saw others very embarrassed though. Once I walked into a restroom to find a trail of diarrhea from the entrance all the way to the toilet in the first stall. Oh wow, I tell yeah, I sure would hate to be that guy, and it was only a few hours after the park opened.

The wooden benches built close to Adventure Express, (not sure if they are still there or have been replaced), about the time the ride had first opened, I wasn't looking, just talking and walking backwards to sit down and instead of sitting down on the bench, I smacked the tip of my tailbone directly onto one of the wooden posts that ran in between them. Everyone yelled seconds before I did it, trying to stop me, but it was too late and for several hours after I had a sharp stinging pain in my tailbone. I couldn't sit for the rest of the day anywhere after that, and it also hurt to walk. **** Wooden Posts!!! hahahahaha, they were about three feet high to so who knows how many this happened to on a daily basis. Next time I'm at the park, I'll look and see if they are still there.

I know, that's not that embarrassing.

There were a few times I saw others very embarrassed though. Once I walked into a restroom to find a trail of diarrhea from the entrance all the way to the toilet in the first stall. Oh wow, I tell yeah, I sure would hate to be that guy, and it was only a few hours after the park opened.

Wonder if he got a free tshirt, bwahhhhhh

• 2 years later...

I forgot how the seatbelt attaches to the restraint on Flight of Fear. Meanwhile another boarding guest noticed my "KICentral" shirt and had started asking me questions about the park's rides.

Then I couldn't even get on the darn thing properly.

• Like 7

Did I start a bump-fest? :P

I haven't really had anything truly embarrassing happen to me at KI. The closest would be walking into one of those posts in the parking lot designed to stop cars from driving up the pedestrian walkways (the ones that are several inches in diameter and about three feet tall), but the crowds were so light that no one really noticed.

I forgot how the seatbelt attaches to the restraint on Flight of Fear. Meanwhile another boarding guest noticed my "KICentral" shirt and had started asking me questions about the park's rides.

Then I couldn't even get on the darn thing properly.

Way to represent the site. :P:)

• Like 3

Never really had anything embarrassing happen to me. But in the 6th grade I had this teacher that told my class a story about a time she came to Kings Island. To summarize the enormous class-waster of a story, she rode Vortex, with huge dangly earrings on, her ears bled, and she never rode it again.

She was a very "Barbie-esque" person.

(But still why would anyone wear dangly earrings to an amusement park?) :huh:

• Like 1

About 5 years ago:

Walked up to a well-dressed, bald gentleman in a nice shirt and tie, who was walking with others who were dressed similarly, shook his hand and said, "The fountains look great, Mr. Helbig!"

The man smiled and said "Well, thanks, but I'm not Mr. Helbig."

:blink:

• Like 12

I was on Adventure Express and had a nose bleed on the ride. It was so embarrassing because when my nose bleeds...it bleeds a lot. After running down the exit ramp and going to the Coney Mall bathrooms and waiting for it to stop, I see that Adventure Express has shut down, and they are spraying down the trains lol.

• Like 3