Most Embarrasing Thing That Happened To You At KI

KIMonster14

I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but I went up to buy a pretzel at one of the places in Action Zone. I had $6 on me, and was holding the wad of bills in my hand. The total came to like $5.06 or something, and I thought I had handed the cashier all six dollars. I apologized for not having 6 cents on me so he wouldn't have to give me so much change back. He looked at me funny and said I had to give him six cents and I couldn't figure out why - I thought he was telling me he didn't have enough change in the register to give me back 94 cents. Since I didn't have any pocket change, I just walked away embarrassed and tried to figure out why he couldn't break my six bucks. About ten minutes later I realized I'd only handed him $5 and had completely forgotten about the other dollar in my pocket, and felt even more stupid. I'm still a little mortified about that.

My cousin did the most embarrassing thing to me last year

My first is when my 12 year old cousin and I rode Firehawk in the front seat. Two very attractive girls sat on either side of me and my cousin was on the end. I started to introduce myself as we went up the hill. As we flipped over my cousin started to cuss like crazy. Now my cousin was at the age where he knew most cuss world but didn't know how to use them appropriately. So all these girls are hearing is my cousin cussing his little heart out. He was the only one screaming on the train too, so everyone in the station and the que could hear him. It was very embarrassing. Then as we got off, he wanted to get on again......

• Like 2

I have a tie for two

1) I relieved myself on the King Cobra once.

2) My friends and I went to KI, drunken fest, we were all in college. Well I'm kind of a big dude. We get on drop zone. I pull the chest restraint down and it pops back up, pull it down again and it pops back up again. We are facing the line of people waiting. I start getting embarrassed. The line operator comes around to check the harnesses out. He gets to me and I lean into him and tell him that I don't care what he does, but he'd better get me buckled in. My friends start losing it. They are all cracking up and screaming "Get the fat guy off the ride.... He's too fat...." and so on. He calls for another worker and she starts jumping and thrusting the harness into my chest, which of course sends my gang into a ruckus. By now all the people in the line have caught on and now they are all laughing... Finally they had to release all the harnesses on everybody to let me off the ride .... Nice... :(

• Like 4

When I needed to use the bathroom when i was in line for Firehawk and i relieved myself :blink: .

When I was taking pics of former SoB area and these people asking me why are you taking pictures and saying are a you doing a picture project.

Shouted at a guy to move and said "We dont have all day here" and he said shut up to me.

When these 2 cute girls rode Flight of Fear with me and I screamed my head off and in the middle of the ride they said "Are you okay?"

• Like 4

I don't really call this that embarrassing, but a few years ago I was in line for Flight of Fear, and had a group of teenagers in front of me, and I could tell some of them were scared. Then one turned around to me and she was like "This little kid is riding and he's not scared! Have you rode this before"? I said I do all the time, and then they go back to their group complaining that a "6 year old" can ride it with no problem, but they are scared, or something like that. Like I said, it was a few years ago, so I can't remember it all that well.

• Like 5

I get mistaken for a little kid, a lot. In line for TTD last summer, I was so nervous. These two guys in front of me and my friend, about my age, asked my friend, "tell your little brother to stop being so scared." I was 14, and so was he...

• Like 7

I could name several from my 16 to 23 year old days but I would hate to harm my perfect reputation on this forum! :P I try to make it a habit to embarrass myself in front of my wife at least once a visit (got to spice things up) unless we have our kids, then I'm on my best behavior. Hey, you only live here once so you got to have thick skin and be light hearted at the same time. If you don't embarrass yourself from time to time life would be rather boring if you ask me.

• Like 3

My moment was when I was working there, and noticed a guest smoking and went up to tell her she was only allowed to smoke in a designated smoking area. She then proceeded to point to the sign right beside her that showed she was in one. For the record, beside the restroom located next to the entrance to Backlot Stunt Coaster IS a designated smoking area. I remembered from then on. :)

Another was when I face-planted the train and fell slow enough that I had time to say "CRASH" on my way down. My supervisor proceeded to point and yell out, "He narrated the fall..." Are you okay? is usually asked at some point...not in this case...just that I narrated the fall. For some reason that story got told several times over the next couple seasons.

• Like 10

Not at KI, but at Holiday World. I got stuck on the Halloswings. One of the chain links was bent in such a way that I couldn't unlock myself. The ride attendants couldn't get me out either, and the people in line were all laughing, even some shouting obscenities at me. After a couple cringe filled minutes I finally bent the chain back and was able to unlock myself and booked it on out of there. It was definitely the most embarrassed I have been in an amusement park. I now have this fear that this will happen again any time I ride a ride of the swing variety.

• Like 3

I feel bad even sharing this one. It didn't happen to me but to a friend of mine and I was very embarassed for him. I don't think he's been to an amusement park again ever since.

This was several years ago. Late 90s I would guess. He was a big guy who was going through some hard times. Unemployed. Living with his parents. Deep in student debt. Just a long line of bad luck (which has since turned around). I came in town to cheer him up and we decided to go to Kings Island for the day. Neither of us had been in a long time.

We had a great time up until we tried to ride The Beast. Like I said, my friend was a big guy. The Beast wasn't really build with guys his size in mind. The ride operator couldn't lower the restraint over his stomach. So he called for help. Another ride operator came to help and they both tried to push the restraint down. When they couldn't get it to click, they both started hopping up and down on the restraint until it clicked into place.

In the end, we were able to ride. We acted like nothing happened and kept on having fun. But for the rest of the day we avoided anything that might have a restraint. Pretty sure that was the last time he ever rode a roller coaster.

• Like 4

I feel bad even sharing this one. It didn't happen to me but to a friend of mine and I was very embarassed for him. I don't think he's been to an amusement park again ever since.

This was several years ago. Late 90s I would guess. He was a big guy who was going through some hard times. Unemployed. Living with his parents. Deep in student debt. Just a long line of bad luck (which has since turned around). I came in town to cheer him up and we decided to go to Kings Island for the day. Neither of us had been in a long time.

We had a great time up until we tried to ride The Beast. Like I said, my friend was a big guy. The Beast wasn't really build with guys his size in mind. The ride operator couldn't lower the restraint over his stomach. So he called for help. Another ride operator came to help and they both tried to push the restraint down. When they couldn't get it to click, they both started hopping up and down on the restraint until it clicked into place.

In the end, we were able to ride. We acted like nothing happened and kept on having fun. But for the rest of the day we avoided anything that might have a restraint. Pretty sure that was the last time he ever rode a roller coaster.

The embarassment is one of many reasons this is not allowed anymore. One person can push, but there is no jumping up and down on it.

• Like 3

I have two stories for you.

One is when I was in Slaughterhouse during Haunt. My group was making quick time and having fun with the maze, but there were these boys behind our group that might have been ten or so. Anyway, they were really nervous and just being bad, so everytime a scareactor or Sam the Butcher jumped out at them, they would scream and then curse at the actors like it was a routine thing. Seriously, didn't their mothers give them the ol' bar of soap?

The other took place in the FoF saucer. As we were in line, these...let's just call them "cool" guys(think of your own negative name) who were in front of us were harassing these two girls about my age, asking inappropriate questions and being very rude. My friend and I scared them off. Here's the embarrassing part, though: as my friend and I were talking to the girls, and my friend, for some reason, decided to guess their ages, and he was off by many years, and they weren't exactly too happy with us.

I guess that's just what friends do, though. :)

I have two stories for you.

One is when I was in Slaughterhouse during Haunt. My group was making quick time and having fun with the maze, but there were these boys behind our group that might have been ten or so. Anyway, they were really nervous and just being bad, so everytime a scareactor or Sam the Butcher jumped out at them, they would scream and then curse at the actors like it was a routine thing. Seriously, didn't their mothers give them the ol' bar of soap?

The other took place in the FoF saucer. As we were in line, these...let's just call them "cool" guys(think of your own negative name) who were in front of us were harassing these two girls about my age, asking inappropriate questions and being very rude. My friend and I scared them off. Here's the embarrassing part, though: as my friend and I were talking to the girls, and my friend, for some reason, decided to guess their ages, and he was off by many years, and they weren't exactly too happy with us.

I guess that's just what friends do, though. :)

Last year when it was about 90 degrees, I was stupid and didn't drink any water for the whole day. I got very dehydrated and when I got off The Racer I took two steps and had a little protein spill.

Another one was when I had worn a tank top to the park and got a really bad tan line. When I went to the water park and I took my shirt off someone yelled, "Hey look this kid was wearing a bra." That was the last time I wore a tank top to the park.....

• Like 5

With so many people hitting poles, I'm not so embarrassed now. In eighth grade, some doofus I didn't even know grabbed my arm and tried to drag me to ride with him on the Alpine Express, as if once he dragged me in line, I would have stood there and waited to get on it. I broke away, hit my head on a pole and woke up two hours later in the First Aid Station.

Two hours of KI wasted!

• Like 2

I've been going to Kings Island since I was about 2 years old and I'm 32 now (you do the math) and I've been lucky enough to not have anything embarrassing happen to me at the park....yet.

However, I do have a couple of stories of things I've witnessed while I was there.

First one: This was quite some time ago when Soak City was called Water Works. My dad and I were standing in line for the Lazy River and we noticed a rather large man walking up the stairs to take a ride on the now Pineapple Pipeline. I few minutes later we saw him walking back down the stairs. He either decided not to ride it or was told that he was too large to fit. Either way, I always kind of felt bad for him.

Second one: I was with a friend of mine, probably back around 1998, and we were in line to ride the Pipeline Paradise. We get to the top where the life guard is and he starts flirting with the her because she was quite attractive. So now it's his turn to go, he grabs a board and heads down towards the wave. He hits the wave so hard that is blew his trunks clean off his backside. He slides off the board and down to the bottom. I just remember him sitting at the bottom trying to wiggle back into his trunks. All the while the cute life guard turns around, now facing me, and is trying to hide her laughter/embarrassment. I was laughing so hard!

After going to the park for 30 years without anything happening to me, I'm concerned that the odds are not in my favor. Something is bound to happen eventually and when it does, I'll be sure to write about it on here! B)

• Like 7