Most Embarrasing Thing That Happened To You At KI

KIMonster14

More embarrassing to myself than anyone else, but at one point, I was at the park alone, getting in line for 5-1 on Vortex as I often do, and so I go to put my stuff in the bin and I come back and another single rider has taken the other seat. Which I didn't mind one bit. So I realize that this lady is wearing a Linux T-shirt. Linux, for those who don't know, is a semi-obscure computer operating system that a lot of nerds (like myself) enjoy using. Oh, and did I mention that this young lady was drop-dead gorgeous and we WERE both single riders?

The embarrassing thing, of course, is that I didn't seize an opportunity to talk to a pretty girl (and likely a single one too, as she was a single rider) who enjoys Linux and 5-1 on Vortex while she was literally strapped to a chair next to me.

Well, that last sentence could have been worded a WHOLE lot less creepily...

• Like 14

^ It's hosting the majority of websites and powering the vast majority of smartphones worldwide. The only place it's still obscure is on desktop computers.

If embarrassing moments at Cedar Point count, I managed to capsize in a lazy river inner tube, directly in front of a lifeguard. He was holding everyone back during a guard change at the next post, so I got to watch him laugh for the next couple minutes.

Speaking of that story, a lifeguard told me to put down an unoccupied inner tube I was holding at Kings Island on last year's Soak City preview day. I picked it up intending to block a bucket of water that a certain grinning KICentral member was getting ready to dump on my head. Of course, as soon as I complied, I got nailed. I'm sure that guard was laughing too. (I had no idea it was a KICentral member doing this until months later.)

• Like 6

Five years ago, or more, I was in line for the then Superman: Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England. In the station, one of the ride ops pulled me aside, obviously concerned at what he thought was my superannuated state (old age), to warn me this was a very violent, vigorous roller coaster and that mostly younger people ride it.

I suddenly felt very ancient. And, mind you, this was five years ago, or more!

• Like 15

• 1 month later...

New Story!

I'll share mine from monday. I went to the park with my church youth group.

I had just finished lunch from LaRosa's in the Festhaus when one of my friends walked in and asked if anyone else wanted to go eat at Hank's Burrito Shack. (he had been out trying to find someone to retrieve his phone from the ground below Firehawk, but one embarrassing story at a time) My other friend and I had already finished but we agreed to go with him so he wouldn't be bored while in line.

To divide the entrance of the queue line there was a low table with some random decorations on it. One of those decorations was a large (and I mean really large) glass bottle filled decoratively with peppers, lemons, tomatoes and some other vibrantly colored fruits and veggies.

My feet were tired so at this point I got the bright idea to sit on that low table next to the large glass bottle. Well I wasn't really paying attention and thought I could lean back a little bit. But what I didn't take into account was how close to the bottle I was. I leaned back onto it, bumped it, stood up from the table, and could do absolutely nothing about the giant falling bottle. The bottle seemed to fall in slow motion as I sat back a mumbled the words, "Oh balls..."

Next thing I knew the bottle was shattered on the floor with the many fruits and veggies scrambled all over the place. There was about 20 seconds of awkward silence as I noticed everyone, including the workers, had stopped what they were doing and looked at me and the huge mess I had created. I had no idea what to say and all I could think of was a family guy quote my band director had used a lot in the past:

Next thing I knew a worker (who seemed pretty P.O.'d) came out from behind the counter with gloves and a trash bag and I had fled from the shack in embarrassment.

So, if you go there now you will probably notice that there is still a giant bottle on the table but on monday, I can assure you, there were two...

• Like 5

When I was around 7 or 8, my family went into the Phantom Theater. My mom thought it would be too scary for me, so she covered my face with my hat and wouldn't let go. When we were getting off the ride, one of the employees was laughing at me. <_<

• Like 1

I have two short stories. The first took place my first year as a KI employee in the games department. In those days (not long ago) we were given thin khaki shorts with bright white shirts - as were many other departments of the time. One of the main offices we reported to was located inside the games building located across from the Zephr. This building can get very hot throughout the summer (no air conditioning) and it is (or was) stuffed full of plush. In any case, one hot summer day a few of us were asked to stock a few games with new inventory. We then reported back to the very hot office and as I was bending down for a short squat break my thin khakis stuck to my sweaty legs and ripped out the entire crotch area :/ My supervisor laughed for an hour and I reported to wardrobe, holding my pants together the best I could, for a new fitting. Fast forward a year (it's now 1996)...I'm retelling this blown out crotch story to a group of coworkers in Kiosk (the old Skeeball building). This particular summer I was assigned to all areas of the games department and was acquainted with nearly every games employee in the park - those were the days ;) Anywhoo, as I finished up this story to my coworkers, who were now laughing hard enough for tears, I began restocking the candy in the redemption cabinet. We kept all surplus candy behind the Skeeball machines and it was a very narrow corridor. I bent down to pick up a box of Jolly Ranchers and a nail sticking out from the back of one of the machines caught my trousers leaving a giant rip down the back! Really? Again, I found myself in the embarrassing predicament of holding my personal effects together hoping I don't lose all sense of dignity as I head up to wardrobe for another pair of Khakis ;) I'm sure there's more stories, but that's all I can remember off hand.

• Like 7

My most embarrasing moment actually ended well. I was working Witches Wheel that week to cover their leadership while they were gone. Anyways this group waiting at the gate for the next cycle talks to me a little bit & whatnot, anyways check and clear the ride, it goes. Well anyways I talked a tad while watching my ride and as I went to spiel when the ride came down I did my corkscrew spiel as it's just so natural to me haha. Anyways they caught me on it and told me it's understandable, they all worked at Kings Island. So I was like oh ok cool. Well noticed this girl in line that was really cute, and me and the other guy on the crew always had a bet if we could get guests numbers, hang out with them, and all that jazz. So I got one of my pre prepared numbers out of my back pocket and after the ride cycled with them on it & I went by to unlock the cars, I tossed her my number, told her I got off at 6 and if she wanted to get last ride of Dragster and see some cool CP stuff to text me and meet up. And that embarassing screwup, half assed number giving is how I'm with my current girlfriend :P

Smooooothe :P

• Like 6

^me and my friend, Jeremy, also have bets to see who can "slip the digits" and see who actually texts or calls.

Problem was after a lengthy 2 years with AT&T, I switched to Verizon and got a new number (this past June).

Well I managed to give out 6 numbers and at the end of the day wondered why I didn't get any texts or calls.

Come to realize I wrote the wrong number all 6 times.

• Like 3

Fail Whale :P

But yeh when we worked together on monster/witches wheel, we always had that bet, those were quite fun weeks :P Went back to corkscrew a few times before dating the current gf, and work got lame. See on platforms where you can talk and have fun with guests in between cycles and whatnot you can do this stuff. On a coaster you see them for a whole two seconds each basically, 45 seconds total train time, and thats it lol. Flat rides are where it's at for picking up people as a ride op :P

• Like 1

Sorry for double posting but thought of another embarrassing story.

Last year, while waiting to enter the station, there is always that pesky wasp or dragon fly that flies around.

It seemed to find its way around me, and me being allergic to just about any stinging insects, I panicked a lot on the inside while doing my best to stay calm on the out.

I managed to end up fainting. I woke up being pulled out of the seat.

• Like 4

This happened when I was a kid... I'm thinking about 8-10? I was on The Beast with my aunt and it id tht thing where it sticks on the 2nd lift hill. Now usually it goes again after a few seconds, but it must've been about 30-60 seconds and in my little kid brain I thought The Beast was going to start to roll backwards and i was terrified. I started screaming like a serial killer was coming after me. My Aunt, more embarrassed than I was, decided not to tell me it wouldn't roll backwards but clamp her hand over my mouth so I couldn't make any noise and laugh until she nearly wet her pants. ha!

• Like 4

This isn't an embarrassing story concerning me, but its pretty good. Last year in August, I was sitting in Diamondback's station awaiting dispatch. There were two teenage girls sitting in front of me and two twenty year old guys sitting in front of them. The two guys decided to play mind games with the teenage girls. One of them turned to the other and claimed that a man recently fell off Diamondback's lift hill and landed in the Splashdown. The two girls took the bait and immediately jumped in. The pure look of terror on their faces was priceless. One of them leaned forward and exclaimed, "Really??" The guy played into her fear by saying, "Yeah, it was a big mess. There was blood everywhere." At this point the ride began to leave the station. The girls were absolutely mortified. I guess the guys felt sorry for them, because they turned around during the ascent and told them they were just joking. Both of the girls were silent. I couldn't see their facial expressions, but I'm sure they looked extremely embarrassed. I felt sorry for them, but I was also amused at how naïve they were in that particular situation.

• Like 3

Any walk of shame I have had to do unintentionally because of my size.

But my embarassing story, I did not really find it as embarassing as it was hilarious to me at the time and more so embarassing to my mother. I was probably 8 or so and my brother, mom, and dad went to KI. We wanted to ride "The Beastie" as a family and talked my mom into riding. She was not a big rider of anything. But my brother and I were in front and her and my dad were behind us. We get that first lift hill, The entire time my mom is screaming at the top of her lungs "Help me Jesus! Help me!!! Get me off of this thing!!! Oh lord Jesus help me!!!" My dad, my brother, and I were laughing so hard. It was definitely more embarassing for her because I told my sons about it and so now my 13 year old gets on rides screaming "Help me Jesus! Help me!!" My 8 year old asked her about it. She was mad at me for telling. LOL

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

The most embarrasing thing that ever happened to me was in line for Fairly Odd Coaster just over two years ago. My friend hadn't ridden a roller coaster ever. He got all the way through the line and then freaked out, hopped over the car, and ran (Literally ran) down the exit ramp. I just stood there in shock and rode it anyway. After I got off I pointed to the drop and told him how short it was. He shouted "That's huge!" It was just kind of embarrasing to me, haha.

Don't feel bad. That happens to me ALL the time :/

Several seasons ago I was with Kat (violaKat on here), rotag and Angie amongst others at the park when I was stung by a bee by BBOBH (nice alliteration yeah?) I went to the first aid bldg in Planet Snoopy even though I wasn't allergic to bee stings, where I took a seat on a low-rise bench next to sev toddlers who had various scrapes and bruises. When the KI nurse took a look at me and asked what happened, she laughed quite hard (saying adults rarely come in since theyre too proud!). She put some antihistimine cream on it and gave me a woodstock bandage and I was good to go..needless to say the group got a good laugh!

• Like 5

The most embarrassing thing that happened to me was at Carowinds.

It was closing time, 10:00, and everyone was streaming towards the exit. I was with my older brother, and my cousin. I like to go through the turnstiles for some reason (don't ask why) and so I went through one of them at a half run...and it was locked. That really hurt my stomach. Everyone laughed, including me.

• Like 3

A few years ago, I was texting and walking. I was at the entrance where the poles are (just shy of the first parking area). Walked right into one. My children now randomly walk into poles and say "Who am I? Who am I?" :-/

• Like 10

I remember one time at Winterfest when I was probably 8 years old I went ice skating in a small rink for kids. There was one half of the rink that was just a huge puddle of water either where it had thawed or just never froze over. Of course I fell and slid all the way into the water. I had to go around the park the rest of the night with a very cold wet behind. My mother had no sympathy.

• Like 4

I have two, one about myself and the other about one who brought the other one upon me, so here I go.

The first is taking place at Islands of Adventure in Florida, we were in like for...
DDFF_zpsfb38568e.jpg

We were standing in the singles line, and this kid walked up behind me and my friends. He seemed to look younger than us. He looked extremely nervous and was wiping his sweaty palms on his pants, he was looking up at the ride as it shot up. So I had been on this many of occasions, so I being the kind soul that I am, I decided to try and encourage him. I began to say how "I know it looks scary, but you should just power through it, because when once you've get off, you will want to want to ride it over and over again". It was the same spiel I'd given to others in line including my friends. I went on and on about it for like 5-10 minutes, and he was nodding and such. Finally we were all assigned the same row, number 3, left tower. And I know I said we were in the singles, and yes there was a long line but my friends and I had been there many times, this was like the 9th time, so the ride op assigning seats new us, I guess and was kind enough put us all in the same row. So the kid stood there kind of hesitating. And I "come on" and waved him over, he reluctantly followed me. We all stood over waiting for the doors to open. Scott whispered in my ear "He doesn't speak English", and I'm like what, yeah of course he does, he understood all of my awesomely encouraging words. I then looked over at Aaron and he nods. So I ask "English?" he shakes his head. All of my friends laugh. But then the doors open and we ride, I tried to be encouraging and such with out using English, more gesturing than speaking, he got in the seat. He wasn't big enough to pull the restraint down so I helped him pull it down. I then hopped up into my seat, and fastened my restraint. We began to rise and the fog was pumped out. I looked over at him and he look back over at me, we had one of those "We don't speak the same language but we totally connect" moments as he smiled back at me. I than placed my head against the back of the head rest and we launched. As we bounced up and down I looked over at him and he had the largest smile, it made me smile. I gave him a thumbs up and gave me one right back. I helped push up his restraint and we walked back out the exit together.

It was really embarrassing but it is still a memory I love, because that kid and I really seemed to make a connection, and was really fun.
Even though I didn't hear the end of it until the plane touched the runway in Columbus.

Secondly, my friends and I we at the haunt couple of years ago, and my friend Scott, yes the one as mentioned above, who is kind of young. But, anyway he was going around to all of the monsters walking around and saying like "High Five!!!" or "High Five???". Some would oblige but than others would like do that turning of the head, and creepy stare. But he went up to this guy behind the restroom behind Invertigo, he was like African American, and smoking and just seemed very Erie. Scott went "What are you supposed to be?" He looked up at him, very slowly. Then came the "High Five?!?" then man than stood up, slowly again. My dad swooped in and saved the day with, "Hey, lets go ride Invertigo". We than had a lovely time on Invertigo.

• Like 7

I created this topic 3 years ago :blink: I didn't know it was still being updated,

Well last year at Halloween Haunt my friend and I were going through CarnEvil and apparently he was extremely scared of clowns which I found out about midway in the maze, so I thought it would be funny to run ahead and find a spot and pop out at him. So I was in the turn before the tunnel and I heard footsteps so I popped out and screamed as loud as I could, but apparently he let a couple groups ahead of him and I scared a group of 20-something girls. I apologized like crazy then quickly left the maze embarrassed. :mellow:

• Like 6

My most embarrassing KI moment was last year when I was trying to get my younger brother to ride Diamondback. He knew he was going to love it, but he just had a fear of heights that he had to overcome. We spent a lot of time sitting on the benches by the entrance, and I was patiently waiting for him to be "ready" to get in line.

Finally, we got in line, and about ten minutes later, he chickened out and ran out of line. I hadn't noticed until he was walking out the entrance so I half-jogged to follow him out. I wish I had been paying attention when I tried to get out of the way of people entering the line, because I thought I could fit under one of the signs by the entrance (I think it was the wait time sign). Anyway, I smacked my forehead on the sign, and everyone in a twenty foot radius was staring at me.

I'm really clumsy, so I'm pretty much used to it. But that was probably the MOST embarrassing thing that happened.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

3 stories.

Me and my friend were running to Diamondback from the front gate. When we got to the gate for row one, I just about passed out and we had to wait five cycles for me to feel better and let people in front of us.

Next, The Vortex cut my friends head when he hit the back of his seat too hard and they stopped the ride for 20 minutes while first aid came.

Lastly my friend got his grandma to ride Drop Tower. He said that she didn't mind at first, but when they got higher up she started praying. At the click, she was crying. After the ride she had to sit down and recover for 20 mins. :) lol