Roller Coaster turn-ons/offs.

McSalsa

Well, this seems like a good topic for yet another poll.tongue.gif

We all have turn-ons and turn-offs for our coasters. Some of us can't get enough airtime. Some of us love going upside down. Some of us like head-choppers and tunnels. And then we all have turn-offs, too- things that, if a coaster has them, seriously hurt it's ride quality for us. And thus this poll. What do you like/dislike on your coasters?

Enjoy the poll. If not, click back.

Air time is awesome. Now for the con. Vortex is horrible. I do not normally ride it anymore. The ride itself is ok however when you are finished and right before you come around the last bend to enter the station you are flying and practically come to a dead stop and lashes my neck every time.

I like te unknown factor. Riding a ride that yu have no clue where it is going/ what it is. Now that I have become a Roller Coaster Addict, I start seeing this less and less. Gone are the days I enter a park and get in line for rides that I have no clue what they are.

Turn Off-Theming

Guest Millennium

For me I love when roller coasters have tons of airtime. I love that air!

I don't like it when there is a bad use of terrain. I hate rides that are in a field of grass with nothing around it. (such as Invertigo)

Wait until you see SCREAM at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Guest Millennium

It is different for wood and steel, but for both there needs to be airtime..and my only exception to this is Millennium Force (even though I would debate it DOES have airtime) but the speed, views, and smoothness (is that a word? LOL) make up for it.

For wooden, I love "fun roughness"...for steel I would say good use of terrain. There is a reason Voyage is my favorite woodie!

I disagree. If you ride in the front (which I do on all floorless coasters), It's not bad. No worse than Dominator, IMO.

Just wondering, why is it you enjoy rough woodies (Psyclone, Georgia Cyclone) but dislike rough steel coasters?

I do not dislike violent rides. I dislike rides that are rough. There is a huge difference. And when you get my age, you may well agree! :)

In any event, some of my favorite steel rides are very turbulent...Take Adventure Express, for just one example. And I love Maverick....do you think that is gentle? :)

I actually liked Scream!. I also rode the front seat, three times in a row because the park was dead that day. It wasn't jerky at all, from what I remember, and I liked the layout a lot. I did NOT like its location, and the fact that they still have the parking lot (complete with parking space lines) under the ride even after the several years it's been in that location. Landscaping ftw.

Well, the Python still has the Pepsi sign hanging on it out front. And in addition to the new paint job on the track this year, the ride has received several new flags. And the trains have received some work as well. The back row is now completely covered up with a thick black canvas/leather cover that goes from the top of the backrests in the very back row to the base of the headrests in the front row of the back car. That should alleviate some problems with having to explain to guests that the back row is closed.

Very good topic!

It's easy for me to say that my biggest turn off are rides that are excessively rough. If I get off of a ride and I have trouble walking (coughs)Mean Streak(coughs) then I'm going to rank the ride lower than than average. I'm with Terpy and the fact that I don't mind violent rides, but I don't like rides that rattle your brains. When Geauga Lake was open, my favorite ride other than the Dipper was Villian.

Voting for my favorite trait in a coaster isn't as easy, but I voted speed as my favorite of the ones listed. I like every one of the traits listed, and a lot of my favorite rides have those traits, but a constant speed is what I look for in rides. I hate trim brakes and mid course brakes more than most people. I think the last half of Diamondback after the MCBR is boring to the point that I put my hands down and wait for the ride to be over. I crave rides like Millennium Force that start off fast and remain fast until the very end.

Airtime is fun, but I don't need it to enjoy myself. The Beast doesn't have any airtime, but it's still my favorite woodie.