What if?

Colonel_SoB_fan

What if Kings Island built a Launched coaster, like TTD, that went just over the Eiffel Tower. What if it then continued to coast around and over the fountains?

In my opinion I think this would be cool. I also know a lot of the people here may not like the idea. What are you all thoughts of this completely made up coaster out of discussion

Not necessarily Kings Island (I am not a fan of tall, fast rides), but it would be cool if those kinds of rides outspread across the nation and because more popular. It's just expensive and hard maintenance. I know this is a "what if" statement, but I honestly don't think it will happen within the next 20 years. It is kind of like a corkscrew coaster though; the first one came out, then they expanded across the WORLD and now they are very popular. Same with B&Ms, they are spreading out now. Will rides like TTD and Kingda Ka do the same?

What if? ;)

I believe someone on here made an No Limits or RCT 3 coaster that went up and down the ET, back when Diamondback was called "rumored coaster"

I remember a track on No Limits that came stock with the program that went over what was supposed to be the real Eiffel Tower.

This is a rumor? It is posted in rumors...

Perhaps this would finally be enough to have the Board of Directors gently push Mr. Kinzel into retirement with some nice parting gifts...

I really did not know if to put this in rumors or off topic. If it should be in off topic then go ahead and move it.

This is a rumor? It is posted in rumors...

Perhaps this would finally be enough to have the Board of Directors gently push Mr. Kinzel into retirement with some nice parting gifts...

With a genuine gold plated Walmart watch ($9.98) and a $5.00 gift card to Blockbuster :)

My father retired just last week. He got a 50 dollar gift card to Best Buy, and a really, I mean REALLY nice stand up clock, that is gold plated, and has a little plaque. I thought it was a nice gift. He retired from State Farm, after 40 years!!

So..uh to get back on topic....

I think it would be cool, but yes, it would IMO, ruin IS, and the feel of the ET, I mean comeone you are up there and then....WHOOOOOOOSH,-AHHHHH! WHOOOOHOOO!!! so on and so forth!

Here's a POV of that No Limits Eiffel Tower coaster:

More on topic, I don't know if I'd be a fan of a coaster like TTD or KK that right "on top" of the Eiffel Tower.

I think it my ruin the view, and look of the tower. If it was built like the design in this No Limits video I'd be more for it. Thats just my two cents though.

When I first saw the one in CP, I was excited until I found out that was all it did. Up then Down? People want a ride that does more, so if it is done I would say have it shoot in a huge circle around the entire park. That would be super cool. To go up that high, then drop and zoom around the entire park in a huge circle passing all the sections of the park. I think it would set a record for most land used for one ride.

Not sure if I would ride it though.

I like roller coasters, not single carts pulled by a cable.

If it could be made into a real rollercoaster, sure! I love coasters!

CABLES ON LAUNCH COASTERS CAN BE DANGEROUS

--------------------------------------------------------------------

(September 16, 2009) - At Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, California, a 12-year-old boy and his father were injured on the Xcelerator roller coaster when a cable that launches the ride's trains broke apart. The cable sliced through the calf of the boy's left leg. The boy's father was treated for back injuries. The ride has been shut down. The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health is investigating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EGHHjN0bQs

The accident on the ride, Xcelerator at Knotts Berry Farm, involved the cable from the ride's hydraulic launch mechanism snapping (or coming loose), sending debris into two rider's faces, causing cuts and lacerations, as well as sending hot hydraulic fluid and steam onto the riders. The two riders, one age 12, were sent to the hospital after the accident.

The boy has been released from the hospital. Park officials said that the cables are replaced yearly according to specifications, and the cable that broke was installed in December. Investigators are inspecting the cable and working to determine what caused it to fail.

In July 2004 a similar accident happened on Top Thrill Dragster, a roller coaster at Cedar Point Park in Sandusky, Ohio, leaving riders with cuts and minor injuries. Both Xcelerator and Top Thrill Dragster are manufactured by Intamin of Switzerland.

Article reposted from rideaccidents.com and the videos youtube page.

I like the idea of what they do. I just think they can be done without stupid cables.

And I never said no one likes going up and then down, that was just your failure to understand what I was saying.

If you are going to go up that high and then all the way down, why not add more to it like some loops, corkscrews, or several more miles of track to keep it going?

Take the ride "Oblivion" for example. All it did was drop straight down, but now other rides such as "Saw The Ride" do that same thing with actual track added to offer more of a ride and the cool part about "Saw The Ride" is it does a corkscrew as you leave the station before you get to the lift hill.

When I first saw the one in CP, I was excited until I found out that was all it did. Up then Down? People want a ride that does more, so if it is done I would say have it shoot in a huge circle around the entire park. That would be super cool. To go up that high, then drop and zoom around the entire park in a huge circle passing all the sections of the park. I think it would set a record for most land used for one ride.

In July 2004 a similar accident happened on Top Thrill Dragster, a roller coaster at Cedar Point Park in Sandusky, Ohio, leaving riders with cuts and minor injuries. Both Xcelerator and Top Thrill Dragster are manufactured by Intamin of Switzerland.

Article reposted from rideaccidents.com and the videos youtube page.

People like those sort of rides, it seems YOU are the one with an issue.....

The more you post I think you're that guy that sells books about roller coaster accidents. And if no one likes going up or down why does TTD and rides like DT have one-hour waits almost every day?

Just a troll, have fun with him.

I like the idea of what they do. I just think they can be done without stupid cables.

And I never said no one likes going up and then down, that was just your failure to understand what I was saying.

If you are going to go up that high and then all the way down, why not add more to it like some loops, corkscrews, or several more miles of track to keep it going?

Take the ride "Oblivion" for example. All it did was drop straight down, but now other rides such as "Saw The Ride" do that same thing with actual track added to offer more of a ride and the cool part about "Saw The Ride" is it does a corkscrew as you leave the station before you get to the lift hill.

Actually you did, and I bolded it just for you