First Big Coaster?

muppetfan1999

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sadly have to admit that I was 14 when I rode my first big coaster (thanks mom for being overprotective of her son and creating fears in him =D). Ironically enough, my first big coaster was Son of Beast back in 2005 when it had the loop still in it. I have been in love with coasters ever since then. If it wasn't for people dragging me onto the coaster, I probably would have never gotten on one.

Coasters didn't really exist at KI for a long time...

The only options for many years were just Woodstock Express, The Racer, The Beast, and The Vortex!

Just these four to chose from for being a first time rider wasn't to encouraging.

Now kids have these additional coasters to get them started like...

The Great Pumpkin,

Flying Ace,

Adventure Express,

Back Lot Stunt Coaster,

Flight Deck

and even more big ones such as Firehawk, Flight of Fear, and Diamondback

It is nice to see roller coasters finally in the family rides list, because they were never there before for a very long time. Now roller coasters appeal more to a larger audience and there's one for everyone to enjoy.

Adventure Express was my first coaster ever, and I was 34. I mean, I could handle riding sideways in UH1 helicopters, climbing cliffs and mountains in Montana, and riding every kind of flat ride you could throw at me all my young life (including Tumble Bug!); but I just, for some reason, could not get myself onto even the sissiest of roller coasters. Then I married my sweet wife, who introduced me to AE, then to Top Gun (this was '03), and then to The Beast. Life has been amazing for me every summer since!

cool.gif

I was riding coasters, inside my Mommy's tummy--when she was six months pregnant! Such a thing would never be allowed now!

I also was riding adult coasters by the time I was three...and there were no height minimums at most parks back then...By the time I was four, I had ridden the major adult coaster several hundred times in the park nearest the town where I grew up....and this was in the pay by the ride days!

I Was 7 Yrs old. My first Big Coaster was Beast I will never forget my first Ride O was my Hart Pumping fast. Now I Have been on nearly 230 differnt kinds of Coasters and been to almost 40 different Parks in the past 3 years. Its fun once you leave Kings Island's bubble and relize that there are some really good Roller Coasters out there.

I was 7, and we were at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.. We saw the train for Big Bad Wolf come around the turn onto the river, and seeing as we'd never seen a coaster like that, it looked really fun and not scary at all. Only because we couldn't see the giant hill that dropped down onto that turn. I'll never forget how terrified I was when we crested the second lift and I saw that drop. But once I got through that ride I was in love and I never looked back.

I was 3 years old when I first rode The Beastie at Kings Island in Kings Mills, Kings, Ohio(some may say Mason, Ohio). I was very timid at first to try it. My dad told me I couldn't make up my mind. But eventually, he got me on it. And that day, I fell in love.I told my parents that day, "I want to build roller coasters when I get older". They are still in disbelief I say that to them 12 years after that spectacular ride. Let's just say, I can't wait to tell my parents, "Told ya I would :D ", In the near future. :)

When I was 9 or so, I was dared to ride Double Loop by a friend. I did because backing out of a dare is worse than being scared at that age! My first pleasurable ride was when I conquered my fear at age 13. The Racer cured me, buzz bar and all! LOL

I would say I was 6 or 7 when I rode Galaxi at Indiana Beach, although a compact steel coaster, it was big for me. I was probably about the same age when I rode Racer for the first time. I remember then those 2 hills were so big and was the best ride in the park. At least for me anyway. I was about 10 when I rode Best for the first time. That is when I went OMG I love this!